Religion

-PHXN- New001

Are you an Atheist?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an Atheist?

• I'm an Atheist.
    • No, I believe in God.

@topic

No offense but I don't understand how u can worship a sexist, homophobic, pro-slavery, sadistic, murderer.

Agreed

and where's the proof that religion is true? A 2000 year old book that contradicts itself and tells me to love some guy that I've never met more than my family? That doesn't cut it. It's just a tool to control people and justify killing

• 4 weeks later...
Im a muslim

I think I can trust someone who believe in god more then someone who don't

because the one who believe in god know that he will be judge for his actions

... that is all !!!!

I personally dont believe in a god... I do think some people need to in order to go about there day and be it Jesus or yoda as long as its not hurting anyone thats up to them. I just think in a world like it is today if these Gods or God are real there would be even just the smallest bit of proof... Oh and as for being judged for actions? not believeing in a God dosen't mean you don't know right from wrong and I would like to think that anyone who did believe in a God and found out tomorrow that it wasn't real, That they too would know the difference and not go on a rampage cause they know that some God wasn't going to judge them.....

:bad_egg:

I just think in a world like it is today if these Gods or God are real there would be even just the smallest bit of proof

I think that every thing we see around us is a proof that god exist

because if there weren't a god there will be nothing before the existence of every thing

and nothing can exist by it self

every action must be done by someone

also it cant be a coincidence that every thing exist in such an organized way

I think that every thing we see around us is a proof that god exist

because if there weren't a god there will be nothing before the existence of every thing

and nothing can exist by it self

every action must be done by someone

also it cant be a coincidence that every thing exist in such an organized way

Completely agree here. Even modern day science says that the Big Bang could've only taken place in presence of a highly concentrated energy source which is God. Without input energy there could never be any output. Only by accepting a huge source of energy(God) could Big Bang be really explained.

• 3 weeks later...

Religion is fine for people to believe in, as for some people it gives hope. People can believe in whatever they want, but as soon as you try to force that belief onto someone else, THEN its not okay.

Straight out, I would say I'm atheist. But, like said in the 3rd something post, if God were to appear before me and prove that he was a God, then I would believe in him. I wouldn't worship him, but I would believe that he existed.

I guess in that case I'm Agnostic (I think that's how you spell it).

yes im one, i didnt believe in god since i was born no one told me anything even though they did i would raise a question that they could not answer AT ALL, all they told me is that it is just the way it is, i dont hate religion but curious about it, to be honest i always wondered why they believed in it and their reasons dont seem to convince me why they believe

sometimes i hang around them to see why until now im still observing them even my family...

im more of a curious person of finding out why they chose the answer or an unknown question rather than believe

-Live Curious

I'm an atheist. Not agnostic, but atheist. That doesn't mean I hate religion, or that I would deny God if he chose to prove himself real to. It means that I don't believe in him. I'm not a negative atheist either (meaning a soft atheist) but I'm a positive one. I truly do no believe in god, of any shape or form. At least not in the sense of a deity. I believe that if anything is divine, its the goodness in some people's hearts, which I feel shouldn't be credited to a creator that is at the same time responsible for all the suffering of the world. Hence my atheism.

I do like the spiritual religions such as Buddhism and Jainism. These beliefs do not contradict mine, so I gladly observe them and in some cases follow a few of their tenets. But other, more narrow minded religions that force itself on others I do not like. I've read most of the holy books, although I haven't finished the Gita or the Torah, and I find a great deal of them interesting.

I believe in a greater being than us, but don't believe in the Judeo-Chrisitian beleif system. I believe that This greater being doesn't care in whose name we are doing acts, as long as we are acting in a good manor. It only cares that you do not try to hurt others, and if you do accidentally, or to some extent deliberately hurt others, that if you attempt to make up for the wrong you have done, it will accept mistakes (to a certain extent). I do not think it is omnipotent.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was about 5 years old my mom would take me to church every saturday and even then i could not believe it. Its funny actually very funny. The golden rule pre-dates religion and its one of the reasons why as a species humans are so successful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/5373379/Animals-can-tell-right-from-wrong.html

Stop reading right now and take a good look at your hand. What do you see? In that hand of yours is carbon and other elements made in the hearts of stars that exploded billions of years ago. At night I often hold my hand up to the sky and just fathom the very atoms within in me where made in the heavens somewhere every far away and have immense untold history. The truth is far more beautiful and amazing then an lie we can come up with because at the time we did not have the technology to understand rather to come to a conclusion from ignorance. We are as much apart of it as it is apart of us, to think otherwise is foolish and very dangerous.

I as a kid I had an imaginary friend and I used to think he went everywhere with me and I would talk to him, and that he could hear me and grant me wishes and stuff – then I grew up and stopped going to church.

• 1 month later...

I was christened as a Presbyterian at birth....then my family converted to Hinduism when I was 11. I'm 22 atm and my opinions on religion are a bit conflicted really. Touchy subject of course but I welcome an open debate about it.

I believe in God....I believe in the Devil. I have a good understanding of morality....and I know what is expected of me (to an extent) in my life. I also am very aware when I do things that are not *good* ....if you could classify it as bad. Pretty much the core things that a religion will try to teach you.

With that being said I feel no closer to Christianity, than Hinduism.

Personally I think religion has good and bad. It can bring people together or tear them apart. It can kill people but can also give people the will to keep going. It causes war and violence, and peace and harmony.

I'm a bit of a Christian agnostic if that makes any sense. I have Christian beliefs but at the same time i'm still a bit of a skeptic.

• Like 1