Post Your Desktop

Mujklob

I've been 100% windows free for almost a year now, and not missing it.

My main concern with why I have switched out of Windows is that likely a lot of the programs I utilize aren't compatible.

I had/have the same fear, but I'm usually able to find a linux program that does most, if not all, the windows program did. The biggest problem I'm having now is printer support, it sucks in the linux world. I have noticed that once I get the printer working that I rarely ever have any further problems with it. I can't say that about windows though, I have to go and screw with my sister's printer every few months.  

Here's mine. Not very cluttered and the taskbar is hidden on the left with my core programs. Wallpaper is a custom one that I made a while ago.

Jd2U9Al.jpg

update: I added a second pic with the taskbar shown for comparison. Not a big difference to be honest.

hx97zD2.jpg

Edited by Seraph

i dont know which desktop to post my custom builts desktop running windows 7, my asus x200ma ultrabook running windows 8.1, my mac mini runnning 10.9 or my macbook pro 13 running 10.9 or my dell gx620 running linux mint 17 lol well the 2 apple computers backgrounds is annolete from queens blade 3 and my 2 windows machines have erza scarlet from fairy tail as the background and the linux box is hinata from naruto

i dont know which desktop to post my custom builts desktop running windows 7, my asus x200ma ultrabook running windows 8.1, my mac mini runnning 10.9 or my macbook pro 13 running 10.9 or my dell gx620 running linux mint 17 lol well the 2 apple computers backgrounds is annolete from queens blade 3 and my 2 windows machines have erza scarlet from fairy tail as the background and the linux box is hinata from naruto

Why so many computers? Jeez.

WvvGKoB.png

Sometimes you have to use the shot with the subs.

• 3 weeks later...
Time for my desktops. Well, decided to skip with PC and laptop stuff this time (as really hasn't change anything regarding that) and go with something that really pleases my heart: my room. Well, the room that I'm renting for time being. Long time ago I showed it in unfinished state. This time it is 100% complete and looks the way I want it to look. Well, a lot of could be done to make it more pleasing to an eye (like decorating ceiling, floor, walls, carpets and so on;), but to fix it completely would be pointless as no one knows how long I will stay here (and changes I made to it, will be taken with me whenever I move somewhere else). Either way, now it looks decent; for me that is (and it seems that owner doesn't care either).

L1oN18X.jpg

BNdgoS4.jpg

525DWlW.jpg

Sv1sXjH.jpg

Y4jvayf.jpg

17mSGwD.jpg

l4Sz3RB.jpg

P.S. Yeah,... I'm weirdo, pervert and hell knows what more, but... I don't care. The most important thing is that I'm happy with end result. That's what counts.