Nero D. Ace

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 4 : A Duel for the Ages

“I'll go first!”, Random declared. “I draw!”

TURN 1

“Oh yes. Time to end this thing in 3 turns.”, Random smiled. “Don't blink or you'll miss it.”

“I summon Great Angus in attack mode!!!”

Great Angus is a Level 4 Fire-Attribute Beast-type monster with 1800 ATK points and 600 DEF points.

“But, 1800 is a bit less, don't you think?”, Random continued. “So, I activate my Molten Destruction Field Spell.”

Molten Destruction is a Field spell that increases the ATK points of all FIRE type monsters by 500 while decreasing their DEF points by 400.

“So, because of that, my Great Angus now gains 500 ATK points! ... even though it's defence is basically crap ... but whatever! Your move!”

RANDOM : 4000 LP

SHAZI : 4000 LP

TURN 2

Shazi drew a card from her deck, looked over it and said bluntly.

“Well, I don't have anything quite that powerful so ... I Set a Monster and two more cards Face-down and end my turn.”

Setting a Monster Card is basically the same as Summoning it. It can only be done once per turn. It cannot be flipped over in the same turn that it was Set and it is always Set in defence. When it is flipped, it always goes into Attack mode.

TURN 3

“Playing defence, are we?”, Random asked as he drew a card.

He looked at the card in his hand. It was Trap Hole.

Perfect, he thought. Now if she summons a monster with 1000 or more ATK points, i get to destroy it that very instant. I'll place this face-down.

“Right now, Great Angus. Destroy that monster!!!”

Great Angus leaped across the field and pounced on the monster face-down, revealing it to be ...

“Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter!!!”, Shazi announced.

Ryko is a Level 2 Beast monster with 200 ATK points and 100 DEF points.

“Whenever Ryko is flipped into the field, as it just happened, I get to destroy any card on the field by sending 3 cards from my Deck to my Graveyard ... and I choose that face down!”

“DAMMIT!!!”, Random swore. There goes my Ace in the Hole.

Ryko and the face-down disappeared from the field, leaving only Great Angus behind.”

“No matter.”, Random said. “I still get to summon a monster and I choose to summon another Great Angus! I am soooo gonna get you in the next turn ... End turn.”

TURN 4

“My turn.”, Shazi announced.”I draw and activate the Spell card 'Lightning Vortex'!!!”

“YOU WHAT!?”, Random stared in shock.

Lightning Vortex is a Spell Card that allows you to destroy all face-up monsters that your opponent controls by discarding one card from your hand.

Shazi threw a card away.

“BEGONE!!!”

Both Great Angus' disappeared in a flash.

This is bad, Random thought.

“I summon Blazing Inpachi in attack mode!”

Nope, this isn't bad. This is WORSE!!!

“Since Blazing Inpachi is a FIRE attribut monster,”, Shazi continued. “It gains 500 ATK points because of that Molten Destruction you put, bringing it's total ATK to 2350!!!”

“Can't we work something out ...”, Random started.

“DIRECT ATTACK!!!”

“YIKES!!!”

A huge ball of fire came hurling directly towards Random.

“Cough cough ...”, he spoke. “I hate it when that happens.”

Shazi placed a card face-down.

“Your turn.”

RANDOM : 1650

SHAZI : 4000

I need to do something quick ... or I'm in big trouble.

uhh dude... molten destruction is a field spell card, and last time I checked, only 1 field spell card could be activated at a time. I fnaother was used, the one that was in play was destroyed.

oh crap. can't believe i made a rookie mistake like that.

oh no wait, turns out this database was wrong.

DAMMIT! next time, i'm getting an OFFICIAL deck editor!!!

I was duling a person who had 3 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter in his deck, he was able to search them out fast and then was able to bring them all back with infernal reckless summon, forgot how he did it but was able to flip them all face down again, anyways thanks to using the effect six times he decked out before me it was funny, great addition to the story.

Chapter 5 : A Duel for the Ages : cont.

TURN 5

“Right, hopefully I'll get a good card. I draw.”

Random looked at the card he had drawn.

“I activate the Spell card, Nightmare Steelcage!!! Now you can't attack me for two of your turns.”

“Boooring ...”, Shazi spoke.

“Hey!”, Random retaliated. “I'm doing the best I can here. I place 2 cards face down and end my turn.”

RANDOM : 1650

TURN 6

“Fine. I summon Sea Koala in Defence mode!”

Sea Koala is a Level 2 Beast-type monster with 100 ATK points and 1600 DEF points.

“I put a card face down and end my turn. Just one more turn before this is all over.”

TURN 7

Random drew a card and groaned.

C'mon! Gimme a break already. I need a good card to get out of this mess. I just need one monster. JUST ONE GODDAMIT!!!

“I play a card face down and end my turn.”

If I don't get a monster on the next turn, I'm done for.

TURN 8

“Time to activate my combo. First, I activate my trap 'DNA Surgery' which enables me to declare a type of monster and then all monsters on the field become that type. So, I choose BEAST!”, Shazi said as she drew her card. “Next. I summon Elehun in Attack mode!”

Elephun is a Level 2 Beast-type Tuner monster with 500 ATK points and 300 DEF points.

“A TUNER MONSTER!?”, Random groaned. “OH CRAP!!!”

Tuner monsters are a different type of monsters from the rest. Anytime during their turn, a duelist can choose a Tuner monster as well as 1 or more non-Tuner monsters and summon a monster from their Extra Deck which has a level equal to the sum of levels of the monster being “tuned”.

This time of summoning is known as Synchro Summoning and can be done any number of times during a turn as long as there is a Tuner monster on the field.

“Just watch ...”, Shazi grinned. “I tune my Sea Koala (Level 2), Elephun (Level 2) and Blazing Inpachi (Level 4) to synchro summon Lightning Tricorn!!! (Level 8)”

[2+2+4=8]

Lightning Tricorn is a Level 8 Beast-type Synchro monster with 2800 ATK points and 2000 DEF points.

“But ... but”, Random stuttered. “Ohhhh crappity crap crap.”

“I end my turn and that Nightmare Steelcage of yours is gone. Prepare for pain.”, Shazi ended her turn.

TURN 9

Everything depends on this next draw. Please, give me a monster ...

Random drew and looked at the card. It wasn't a monster, but ...

“ALLRIGHT!!! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!”, Random shouted with joy. “I activate the spell 'Hammer Shot', which takes out the monster on the field with the highest ATK points and since there's only ONE monster on the field ... THAT UNICORN IS GOING DOWN!!!”

Tricorn looked in amazement as a giant hammer fell from the sky, landing right on top of him, shattering him into a million pieces.

“WHAT!????”, Shazi stared in disbelief.

“I set a card face down and end my turn.”, Random finished sumgly.

TURN 10

“Grrr ... You're gonna pay for that.”, Shazi drew a card and smiled slyly. “I summon Panther Warrior in attack mode ...”

“I won't allow that!”, Random said. “I activate my trap ... er, 'Trap Hole'. That's right. I have two of those. Whenever you summon a monster with 1000 or more ATK points, it's automatically destroyed.”

“WHY YOU LITTLE ...”

“Done yet?”

“I end my turn.”, Shazi said, her face red with anger.

TURN 11

Random drew.

FINALLY!! this card sure took it's time coming.

“I place three face-downs and end my turn.”, Random said, hoping that things would go as planned.

TURN 12

“I draw and summon another Panther Warrior to the field!!!”

Panther Warrior is a Level 4 Beast-Warrior type monster with 2000 ATK points and 1600 DEF points.

“YES!”, Random squeeled wth delight. “I activate all 3 of my Trap cards which are 'Imperial Order', 'Imperial Iron Wall' and 'Spellbinding Circle'. The effects don't matter, don't worry. My actual plan comes after your turn.”

“Uhhh. Don't you take 700 points of damage cause of Imperial Wall?”, Shazi asked confusingly.

“Eh?”, Random said before being blasted with 700 points of lightning. “Ow, Ow, Ow. I think my hair's on fire. Anyways, you can't attack because of the effects of Spellbinding Circle so ...”

“I end my turn.”, Shazi spoke, looking almost perplexed at the man who had shocked himself.

RANDOM : 950

TURN 13

“Right ... This was all part of ... ouch ... my little plan ... ow ... I remove these 3 traps and send them to the graveyard to special summon URIA, LORD OF SEARING FLAMES!!!!”

There was a short moment of silence before the arena exploded in flames and a giant fire monster appeared before them.

Uria, Lord of Searing Flames is a Level 8 Pyro-type monster with 0 ATK points and 0 DEF points. It can only be summoned by sending 3 Continuous Trap cards to the Graveyard.

“Urea?”, Shazi asked. “As in pee? Whatever, i'm not afraid of ZERO points. HA!”

“First of all, DOES THIS GIANT REPTILE LOOK LIKE PEE? Second of all, Uria gains 1000 ATK and DEF points for every Continuos Trap in my Graveyard.”

“NO WAY!”, Shazi's mouth fell. “That means it gains ... 3000 ATK POINTS!”

“Not so HA!, now, are you? URIA, DESTROY THAT PANTHER!!!”

Shazi braced herself as her warrior disappeared from the field, leaving her with 3000 LP.

“I end my turn.”

RANDOM : 950

SHAZI : 3000

TURN 14

“I draw and set a card face-down and end my turn.”, Shazi quickly ended her turn.

TURN 15

Face- down? Face-down? ... last time, the situation was in reverse. What does she have under that face down? I better not attack this turn ...

Unless, she wants me to do that, so she can play for time and bring out her own trump card ...

No, I should play it safe ...

ATTACK HER, DAGNABIT!!! ...

NO!!! ...

DO IT!!! ...

Really? ...

YES!!! ...

Hang on a minutes. Who are you? ...

I dunno. I'm just hungry so finish the damn duel already ...

I'm hungry too. Alright, let's end this, stomach guy.

“URIA!! DIRECT ATTACK!!!”

Please, don't be a trap, don't be a trap, don't be a trap ...

Chapter 6

“ARGHH!!!”, Shazi screamed as her remaining LP came crashing down to zero by the force of Uria's flame burst.

“DUEL COMPLETE!!!”, Random jumped for joy.

Though I think I wet my pants in the process.

“Ugh ... fine, you won. Here are the cigarettes as promised.”, Shazi got up and handed them out.

“I'll be taking that!”, Random snatched them out of Shazi's hand.

Random opened the case. Sure enough, there were 7 left, enough to appease Bardon for a short time at least, but there was also a strange object wedged in it.

“Hey ...”, Random said as he picked it up. “What's this coin thingy?”

Shazi's eyes narrowed. “Put that away! That's a rare artifact. Give it to me now!”

“It's ... glowing.”, Random said as the coin started glowing and surrounded Random's arm. “And now it's leeching me! HELP!!!”

“This can't be ...”, Shazi mumbled.

Then, the glow disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared, leaving a mark on Random's arm.

“Huh? What in the name of ...”, Random started.

But Random was busy inspecting his arm. So, he didn't hear the man sneak up behind him.

Silent as a mouse, the man came right behind Random and struck him on the head with a small piece of lumber.

“What do you wanna do with him?”, Wake asked.

“We'll take him with us ...”, Shazi got up. “He may be one of the AT Children.”

“This guys?”, Wake looked at the dozed off Random uncertainly.

“Positive.”, Shazi nodded. “He responded to the touch of the Coin. We need to take him with us. Tie him up and put him in the trunk.”

Veldime

“BARTENDER!!!”, Iki yelled across the table. “MORE DRINKS HERE!”

“Ever gonna pay for those, or should I keep accepting cards for the rest of my life?”, the bartender grudgingly brought them over.

“Relax, old man.”, Shade said as he took a swig. “Those are damn rare cards we give you. Besides, you owe us.”

“That's right ... YOU FO!!!”, Iki slammed his hand on the table. “HIC! You're the one who ... hic! ... gave directions to that guy over there.”

Krogo had been tied up and gagged after the duel had ended and brought back to the bar to do some background checks.

“The sherriff should be arriving any moment now, so just sit back and wait.”, Shade leaned back on his chair.

“For the last time, that man you've tied up is a Dueling Champion!!!”, the bartender said in exasperation.

“Sure he is ... hic!”, Iki smiled. “And I'm Santa Claus. You'sh been a bad bay this year, hasn't you? ... hic!”

The bartender palmed his face. “Maybe the sherriff will have better luck convincing you ...”

Jin looked over the village from atop the cliff.

“Just wait, Kro!!!”, he clenched his fist. “I'll take my title back from you if it's the last thing I do!”

Well that was quick! xD Way to backfire the cliffhanger!

And lol interesting how you made random my henchman yet ironically you gave him urya alongside adding more plot into him! :P Or rather plot twist i may say....

Anyway nice duel! Nicely done on adding both comedy and strategy, although you do realize you're revealing your own strategies for these decks yes? xD