Duel Legends (Story)

Nero D. Ace

Prologue

The world of dueling was revolutionised the day hologram projectors were perfected to the fullest degree, giving duelists the ability to have a duel absolutely anywhere.

At that moment, dueling became an everyday phenomenon, with people of all ages and sizes competing against each other to obtain the rank of the Ultimate Duelist, the King of Games!

However, with all of this also came the dark side of dueling. Organizations determined to use dueling to expand their empires came into existence and with it a Duel Task Force, a group of law enforcement officials set up to take down these organizations.

Our story begins almost 5 years after the Incident, a truly dark event that would be better off forgotten in the pages of history.

No one knows for sure what happened back then, except for he fact that 10 of the top duelists of the world vanished from all different corners of the world. Their bodies were never found, no explanation was given for their disappearance and there was a massive uproar in each community at the loss of their priceless assets.

5 years later, and the Incident is still live on the tongues of most people. Our tale begins in a quiet little village called Veldime ...

Edited by Emotional Outlet

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 1

Veldime

It was a quiet village, in the middle of the hot desert, connected to the rest of the world via railway. A lost relic in the now technologically advanced civilization.

A hooded stranger walked into the village's only bar and ordered a beer.

Time was of the essence to him and time was running out. He fingered an object in his pocket and examined it for the four-hundredth time.

It was an old coin, dug up in a ruins not far away, and strangely enough, it was filled with inscriptions all over the surface in a language long forgotten, a language the man hoped he would find here.

“Bartender!”, he called out. “Do you know of anyone who might be able to read this?”

He showed the coin to the stout old man.

The bartender slowly rubbed his fingers over the coin's surface, trying to get some impression of the writing.

“Sorry fella, but this town here don't teach Ancient Greek anymore.”

“It's not Greek,”, the man said impatiently. “It's a dead language that we've been able to trace to this village. I need to know if anyone here can still read it.”

“Well ...”, the bartender thought for a moment. “You could try the old professor's house. He teaches at the local school but outside of that, he never steps foot out of that cottage of his.”

“Thanks, I'll check it out. Here's my card.” the man passed a card to the bartender. “If you find anything out, call that number immediately. This matter is of the utmost importance.”

“Sure, Mr ... Krogo, is it?”, the bartender asked quizzically, then his confusement turned to shock. “Wait! You don't mean to say that you're THE Krogo, the famous duelist from the icelands of Agvah?”

The bartender looked up but the man had already left.

“Yo Iki.”, Shade said. “We got trouble.”

“Eh?”, Iki looked up around him. “What trouble? Jeez, can't a guy nap in peace anymore?”

“Looks like a duelist to me.”

Iki instantly got up. “Where?! Where?!”

“He's heading for the old man's house.”, Shade looked through his binoculars. “We can intercept him mid-way if we take the shortcut and ...”

“NO ONE DISTURBS THE OLD MAN!!!”, Iki yelled and took off.

“... or we could charge in blindly like a bunch of idiots.”, Shade sighed and reluctantly followed, picking up his Duel Disk as he did so.

“This is really not worth my pay-check.”, Krogo mumbled as he climbed the steep hillside that led up to the professor's cottage.

“HEY! STOP RIGHT THERE!”, Krogo heard a voice behind him and turned around to see a boy come running towards him.

“You can't go up there. The professor doesn't wanna be disturbed by ANYONE and he hired us to make sure of it.”, the boy said between gasps.

“Us?”, Krogo said. “Who's 'Us'?”

Iki looked behind him.

“Eh? He was right there a second ago. Anyways, you wanna get to the old man, you gotta get past me first.”

Krogo cracked his knuckles.

“Who whoa whoa, barbarian. Jeez, don't they duel where you come from? Going all Wrestlemania on me like that”, Iki said hurriedly. “Right, lets duel ...”

Iki reached for his Duel Disk only to find it was gone.

“Er ... we may have a small technicality issue but ...”

“IKI YOU DUMB JACKASS!”, Shade came running. “Next time take THIS with you!”

He handed Iki his Disk.

“Ah, perfect. Right ...now as I was saying ...”, Iki turned towards Krogo, who had resumed walking towards the house.

“HEY!!! Guess I'll have to teach you a lesson, eh? DUEL MODE ENGAGE!” Iki unhooked a nylon rope on his Disk and aimed it at Krogo's Disk.

WHAM!

The rope struck the Disk head on.

“What the hell ...”, Krogo said as a purple sphere surrounded him and Iki.

“Only way out is through me, asshole.”, Iki grinned and took out his Deck.

“Fine, let's get this over with. I'm gonna walk all over you, punk. Let's Duel!”

Chapter 2 : Duel # 1

“I'll go first!”, Iki announced. “I Draw.”

TURN 1

The first phase of a player's turn is to draw one card from their deck. They start off with 5 cards, so after the draw phase, they have a total of 6 cards in their Hand.

Iki looked at his hand. He had a Scrap-Iron Scarecrow which he decided to save for later, as well one of his three signature Blue-Eyes White Dragon's. In addition to these, he also has 2 cards which he felt would serve as a good distraction.

“Right, I summon Debris Dragon in attack mode!”

Debris Dragon is a Level 4 Dragon-Type monster with 1000 ATK points and 2000 DEF points.

Monsters upto Level 4 can be summoned normally.

Only one monster can be Normal Summoned during a turn.

To summon a monster with Level 5 or 6, the duelist must sacrifice and send to the Graveyard one of his/her monsters already on the field.

To summon a monster with Level 7 or higher, a duelist must sacrifice 2 of his/her monsters.

During the First Turn, the duelist cannot initiate an attack on his/her opponent.

“I set two cards face down and end my turn.”

Along with monster cards, duelists can also use Spell and Trap cards which may be activated at certain specific points in the duel, even during the opponent's turn to break down the opponent's momentum.

TURN 2

“In that case”, Kro drew a card from his Deck.

“I summon Anarchist Monk Ranshin in attack mode!”

Anarchist Monk Ranshin is a Level 4 Spellcaster-type monster with 1800 ATK points and 100 DEF points.

“Say goodbye to your Debris Dragon, punk! Ranshin, take that reptile out!”

When two monsters battle, the monster with the lower number of ATK points gets destroyed and sent to the Graveyard and the difference in ATK points is dealt as damage to the duelist who's monster got destroyed.

A typical Duel consists of each duelist having 4000 Life Points (LP). When a duelist's LP are reduced to Zero, he/she loses the duel.

“Aghh!”, Iki braced himself for 800 points of damage.

“Better bring out something tougher than that kid. Otherwise, you're gonna lose.”, Kro said smugly. “Since I don't have any Spell or Trap cards, I'll just end my turn with this guy..”

IKI : 3200 LP

KRO : 4000 LP

TURN 3

Iki drew a card and a huge smile came across his face

“This duel is over. Hope you had fun in your last turn cause that's all you're gonna get. I just drew my trump card.”

“I summon Totem Dragon in Attack mode!”

Totem Dragon is a Level 2 Dragon-Type monster with 400 ATK points and 200 DEF points.

“You must be joking. Don't they teach Math in this place?”, Kro burst out laughing.

“Wait for it ...”, Iki said. “You see, I have this certain card in my deck ... which is very very special. By removing one of my Dragon-Type monsters on the field from play, i get to Special Summon it.”

Special Summoning is a different form of Summoning from Normal Summoning. It can be done any number of times in a turn as long as the conditions on the card are met.

“So ... by removing Totem Dragon from play, I Special Summon my RED-EYES DARKNESS METAL DRAGON!”

The roar of Red-Eyes filled the bubble as it occupied Totem Dragon's space.

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon is a Level 10 Dark Dragon-Type monster with 2800 ATK points and 2400 DEF points.

“NO WAY!”, Kro's jaw dropped.

“I'm not done yet.”, Iki continued. “You see, Red-Eyes has an ability that when it comes into play, then once per turn, I get to special summon a Dragon-Type monster from my Hand or my Graveyard. And guess who I have here.”

He lifted his Blue-Eyes White Dragon card.

“Impossible ...”, Kro muttered. “That card is almost extinct.”

“ARISE, BLUE-EYES WHITE DRAGON!”

A roar much more deafening than the Red-Eyes filled the bubble as the legendary Blue-Eyes White Dragon appeard on the field.

Blue-Eyes White Dragon is a legenday Level 8 Dragon-Type monster, with the most powerful base stats ever. It has 3000 ATK points and 2500 DEF points.

“First, I'll take out that Spellcaster with my Red-Eyes!”

“ARGHH!”, Kro covered his face to protect himself from the heat of the Red-Eye's flames as his Ranshin crumbled before him and his LP dropped to 3000.

“Now, Blue Eye's! FINISH THE JOB! CUT DOWN HIS LIFE POINTS WITH NOVA BLAST!!!”

Blue-Eyes White Dragon rose to the sky and generated a blue nove-flame in it's mouth, and sent it all into the face of Kro, dealing him with 3000 points of direct damage.

“This duel is over ...”

The bubble surrounding them disappeared and the monsters disintegrated.

“So ... Shade, help me tie this bozo up.”

LOL Have to say this story sure was good and funny one, although blue eyes AND red eyes? :oh: Aren't you being a liiiitle carried away with yourself? xD

wish I could win that quick, can't do anything till I have 3 fiends in my grave, great story

I assume you're referring to summon monsters that involve removing those fiends from the graveyard? like dark necrofear?

LOL Have to say this story sure was good and funny one, although blue eyes AND red eyes? :oh: Aren't you being a liiiitle carried away with yourself? xD

blue eyes is the TOUGHEST dragon but there are many varieties of Red-Eyes. a strong dragon deck always utilizes both those races of dragons to achieve victory.

Plus, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon has an AWESOME ability which you just witnessed. why wouldn't I want it?! ;D

blue eyes is the TOUGHEST dragon but there are many varieties of Red-Eyes. a strong dragon deck always utilizes both those races of dragons to achieve victory.

Plus, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon has an AWESOME ability which you just witnessed. why wouldn't I want it?! ;D

Damn you lol, blue eyes is my favorite too but since i've been using a fiend deck recently i figured i should give it a go plus i haven't really made a dragon deck yet. :P

Anyway if you EVER dare to do use a blue eyes shining dragon or 5 headed dragon in this story then i will frigging kill you! xD

can't promise that, bardon ;D

Chapter 3

Holt Town

Bardon finished smoking his last cigarette and threw it out the window.

Holt was a town much like Veldime, except it was located in the lush green jungles of Quela. It was completely isolated from the rest of the world and the citizens there were ruled over by the iron fist of the local government. Supplies were dropped via parachute by nearby airplanes once every 2 months.

“Where the hell are the rest of my cigarettes!!?”, Bardon yelled at no one in particular.

“The supplies have run out, your excellency ...”, a small man muttered.

“WHAT DO I CARE ABOUT SUPPLIES!?”, Bardon continued yelling. “ I WANT MY CIGARETTES!”

“Sir, please, there are no more cigarettes left in the whole town and the next supply batch isn't due for another month.”, the man mumbled.

“I DON'T CARE!”, Bardon got up, grabbed the man by the collar and threw him out the window into the marsh, which was infested by crocodiles.

“ARGH!!! HELP! HELP!”, the man cried out loud.

Bardon calmly went up and shut the window and turned to the rest of his men.

“RANDOM!”, he barked at one of them.

“S ... Sir?”, Random asked nervously.

“Bring me cigarettes! NOW!”

“But ... but sir. We're out of cigarettes. He just told you ...”

“You wish to join him!?”

“Right away sir!”

Random hurriedly left the building.

“Jeez, where the hell am I supposed to find cigarettes?”, Random muttered to himself as he walked through the town. “It's not like they grow on trees.”

It was then that he noticed a girl smoking under a tree.

The gods be blessed. I'm saved!

“You there!”, he barked at the girl. “Hand over those cigarettes immediately!”

Shazi looked at the man up and down and said bluntly. “No.”, and continued smoking.

“Please?”, the man asked.

“No.”, Shazi replied again.

“Pretty Please ... with a cherry ... oh, what the hell!”

Random jumped towards the girl who easily ducked out of the way.

“Just give me the damn cigarettes already!”, Random said, while rubbing his nose.

“Fine. I'll duel you for them. If you win, you can have them. If I win, you have to walk through the whole town in your underpants.”

Random groaned.

I just had to wear my yaoi underpants today ...

“Fine, let's duel!”, Random brought out his duel disk.

The purple bubble surrounded them and the duel began ...