Duel Legends (Story)

Nero D. Ace

Chapter 12

“I am Seto Kaiba and this will be your last duel, you insignificant piece of trash.”, the stranger repeated.

Iki bit his tongue to prevent his emotions from getting in the way. Whoever this guy was, he had a Blue-Eyes and had already managed to summon it. What's more was was that his Debris Dragon's defense was nothing compared to the unrealistic Attack Power of the Blue Eyes. He'd have to come up with a new strategy soon and hope his dragons wouldn't let him down.

“First ...”, Kaiba announced. “I'll destroy that pathetically weak monster you have in Defense mode. I highly doubt it can stand up to the Blue-Eyes REAL might.

And there it goes ... Iki thought as the Blue Eyes “White Lightning” attack completely obliterated his Defensive monster.

“I'll end my turn with 2 face-downs.”, Kaiba send before ending his turn.

TURN 3

2 face-downs? You really need em, you bastard? No one beats me at a draw though.

“I draw!”, Iki lifted the first card of it's deck.

Perfect.

“I use the spell card to send Blue Eyes White Dragon from my Deck to my Graveyard!”

Danny palmed his face. “That's it. He's lost it. Sending his OWN dragon to the graveyard.”

“Next ...”, Iki flicked a monster card in face-up Attack position. “ I summon Decoy Dragon is Attack mode!”

Decoy Dragon is a Level 2 Dragon-type monster with 300 ATK points and 200 DEF points.

“Next I'll place one card face-down and end my turn.”

TURN 4

“Like I had said earlier ...”, Kaiba leisurely drew a card from his deck. “Someone as weak as you doesn't DESERVE the Blue Eyes. You do nothing but bring shame to it's brilliance. GO BLUE EYES!!!”, he pointed at the tiny Decoy Dragon. “Obliterate that monster and crush his Life Points!”

The Blue-Eyes swooped in to deliver yet another White Lightning attack.

“Not so fast!”, Iki declared. “I activate my Decoy Dragon's special ability. When I have a level 7 or higher Dragon monster in my Graveyard, I can revive that monster and switch your attack from my Decoy Dragon to it. Therefore, i will bring back Blue Eyes White Dragon!”

Iki's Blue-Eyes White Dragon rose from the grave and met the opposing Blue Eyes in battle.

“... but their power levels are equal so they'll both end up being destroyed.”, Shade commented.

“Damn. Then we're back to square one.”, Danny muttered.

Kaiba watched calmly as both dragons met and destroyed each other in combat. Then, he ended his turn.

TURN 5

Iki drew his next card and couldn't help himself but smile.

“You said I was a disgrace to the Blue Eyes, right? Time to show you EXACTLY what my Blue-Eyes can do! I replace my Decoy Dragon from the field to Special Summon RED-EYES DARKNESS METAL DRAGON!!!”

“Hang on ...”, Kro mumbled. “This is familiar.”

“It's how he took you out.”, Shade replied.

“Next, using the special ability of Red-Eyes, i bring forward my Blue-Eyes White Dragon from the Graveyard yet AGAIN!”

“This is getting really confusing.” Danny's eyes started watering. “First, he throws away the Blue Dragon, then he Summons it, destroys it again and summons it again and ...”

“ATTACK KAIBA DIRECTLY, RED EYES!!!”

“Pathetic as usual.”, Kaiba said.

“WHAT?!”

“I play my Trap card 'Negate Attack' which nulls your attack and ends the Battle Phase.”

“DAMN YOU!”, Iki cursed.

Keep your head in the game. Keep your head in the game. Just a small technical interference. I'll get him eventually.

“I end my turn.”

TURN 6

“I play the Spell card 'Fissure'. Which automatically destroys the monster with the least ATK points and at the moment, it looks to be your Red-Eyes.”

Shit.

Iki could only watch as the ground fell apart under his Red-Eyes and the Metallic Dragon fell into the abyss.

“Next I'll play the Spell card 'Monster Reborn' and bring back MY Blue Eyes.”

Danny felt his brain getting heavier and heavier. “Sure, go ahead. I can't follow what's going on anyways anymore.”

“Next, I'll play the spell card which will completely destroy your defences. 'Mystical Space Typhoon' which will destroy that Face-down you are cowering behind.”

Double Shit. There goes my Mirror Force, my only defence.

“But I'm far from done yet. Next, I'll equip MY Blue-Eyes with 'Axe of Despair', raising it's ATK power by a full 1000 points, more than enough to take you down.”

Make that a Triple shit. Well, i'm safe as long as he doesn't ...

“Now for the finishing touch!”, Kaiba dramatically removed a Spell card from his hand and placed it face down on the field.

Double Attack.

A fearsome deadly spell card that allowed one of your monsters to attack TWICE in a turn if you sent a higher level monster to the Graveyard than the monster that is about to attack.

“This is the only purpose that THIS card serves in my Deck.” Kaiba lifted a Level 9 Sorcerer of Dark Magic from his Hand.

Iki's cards fell from his hand as he stared on in shock. He had lost the duel, nothing in his hand could have helped him.

Kaiba had attacked too swiftly, too cleanly, leaving no room for Iki to maneuver as he cut off his wings, rendering him useless ... unable to fly ... doomed to fall.

It was over.

Kaiba sensed the same despair over Iki and quickly finished the match, destroying his remaining dragon and all of his 4000 LP in one move.

“It seems I was worried over nothing.”, Kaiba said as he packed his Deck, looking over a fallen Iki. “To think I actually thought a simpleton like you had the abilities necessary to wield a Blue Eyes. I didn't even end up using my Ultimate Dragon. Do the whole world a favor and stay there in the mud.”

and with those final words, he left, leaving an atmosphere of silence behind him ...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't think you'd have the guts to nuke yourself out! xD But then again, if you had done otherwise it would've just seem fake so good going there and epic combos you added as well! :P

“This is the only purpose that THIS card serves in my Deck.” Kaiba lifted a Level 9 Sorcerer of Dark Magic from his Hand.”

fa0f3605d34af5710b1776340d3a1e5f.jpg

• 1 month later...

Time to revive this thing.

Chapter 13

Veldime

“Is he gonna be alright?”, Krogo asked Shade.

Shade looked uncertain. “I dunno. I've never seen him lose like that. The few times he HAS lost, it was only by a margin, not a damn massacre like just now.”

“Anyways ...”, Kro motioned towards Danny. “I'm gonna have to take him with me. The boys in the city are gonna want to do some experiments to find out what the hell just happened with that coin and …”

“FORGET IT!”, Danny yelled and backed further off. “I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE! YOU'LL HAVE TO KILL ME BEFORE I LET YOU …”

The rest of what Danny said cannot be revealed … partly because it is so profane it will most likely be censored as soon as it's posted and partly because at that precise moment, he was struck on the head by a chair by a now standing Iki.

“Ahhh, that felt nice.”, Iki stretched his arms. “He was starting to give me a headache.”

“Iki … mate, are you alright? After that duel …”, Shade enquired.

“I just wanna fight him even more now!”, Iki exclaimed and turned towards Kro. “Hey, do you know who that guy was?”

Kro grimaced as he tried to remember. “I believe he said his name was Seto Kaiba. He's the leader of KaibaCorp, one of the biggest companies in Duel Monsters. Their HQ is in Premium City and …”

Iki stopped him. “That's all I need to know. Shade, I gotta do this, man. This guy is a real challenge and I can't pass up a chance to duel him again.”

Shade nodded in understanding. “I'll keep watch here over the old man's house. You do what you have to.”

“Right then …”, Iki untied Krogo and lifted Danny on his back. “Let's catch the next train out of here. I need a guide to show me around Premium City.”

Unknown Location near Holt

“Oh god! Please don't do this!”, Random's eyes widened in fear as he saw a Guillotine being set in place right above him while he lay strapped on a chair.

“Shut up.”, Shazi snapped at him. “This is just a test.”

“A test for what! GODAMMIT!”

“We need to see if you really are an AT child.”

“A what the what?”

Shazi pulled some levers and sent the entire mechanism into motion., making the giant swinging blade come closer to Random with every oscillation.

“OH CRAP!!! HELP!!!”, Random yelled out as loud as he could.

Outside, Bardon heard the sharp scream and looked up at the castle in front of him.

So this is where that Random is holding up, huh? He'll regret the day he double-crossed me!

As Bardon crossed the open drawbridge leading into the castle, several bodies could be seen behind him, each with a broken Duel Disk.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...