Bleach

Guest Morpheus

Reported by Anime News Network

This year's 10th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that Tite Kubo's Bleach manga is entering its final story arc. Kubo has been drawing the manga in the magazine since 2001, and Shueisha published the 53rd compiled book volume of the manga in December.

Thanks to its "Shonen Jump Digital Warp" program, Viz Media just released the 53rd volume in electronic book form in North America last month. The Digital Warp program prepared the way for this week's launch of Viz's English-language digital anthology Shonen Jump Alpha, which is running chapters of Bleach and five other titles two weeks after their print debut in Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump. Viz will release the print version of the 38th volume next week.

Full article here

I'm sorry but I do not believe this to be true considering Tite Kubo has stated numerous times Bleach would not end within the next 10 years.

This is reportedly from Jump. I seem to remember Kubo stating at the end of the Aizen arc (vol 20-49) that the next arc (X-Cution, 49-53/54) would be shorter (it was) followed by a much longer one. Given that from the reveal that Aizen was evil to his defeat took almost 30 volumes, one overreaching "arc" containing several smaller component arcs could easily last 10 years if it's supposed to be longer.

I saw this on Animenewsnetwork. There is even an article for it.

here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-01/tite-kubo-bleach-manga-to-enter-final-arc

I'm not sure if I should believe it or not. Although it seems to be pretty legit. Kubo did say it wouldn't end for another 10 years. But he could be referring to the Anime. I'm not sure. As far as we know this "Final Arc" could still take up to 10 years if it's long enough. Sort of like the arrancar arc.

what is the next storyline of bleach? or what would you like to see next?

A storyline about the soul king?

about Ichigo's father?

the return of aizen?

a story about squad 0? the royal squad?

who was squad 12's captain that was promoted to squad 0?

who was the captain that kempachi killed to become captain?

i think stories of arrancars and hollows would be kind boring now.

The Turn Back the Pendulum Kenpachi was a lazy bum who never showed up to captain's meetings. This is canon. And unless someone else killed that one and was then killed by Kenpachi of Zaraki, it makes the notion of filler character Maki Ichinose following a "noble captain, out to change the sould society" a complete adaptation-induced plot hole. However, because it's filler, nobody cares, so it's okay.

When I first got into the manga, it was while in the car on vacation, and I actually found it to be pretty immersive with sympathetic characters and enjoyable plotlines as well as interesting fights. Now, what I like doing is pointing out to "it sucks, it broke its own rules" detractors exactly how it follows its own rules and why you weren't paying attention during the explanation and/or misunderstood in the first place. One of my personal favorites, however, was explaining via mechanical physics just how much more powerful Kenpachi using two hands is. It seriously does make a difference according to the physics. Not to mention his pointing out that no matter how strong somebody's pressure is, he's never met anybody that could block a strike through the eye or throat with pressure alone. This was used later on, and not actually used in that particular fight. Kenpachi already explained how Hisagi could stab Tosen. It didn't break any rules at all, Hisagi just struck one of the two weak points that had already been stated as exceptions and it worked.

A great deal of the so-called "plot holes" can be explained in this way.

• Koby unlocked this topic