Pokémon

Exodus

Well, the anime is shit, utter shit, but the games are oh-so addictive. I won't deny it, I own at least one pokémon game from each generation. I love how the games started out so simple, then broadened to where you actually had to use strategy in some battles. I also like how they implemented environments and behaviours. It really effects the outcome of some battles and contests.

My favourite series over all would be the Johto series (gold/silver/crystal). It was the first multi region (Kanto and Johto) and it was the first to have day and night (which wasn't used again till Diamond and Pearl). Those two reasons alone were enough to make it my favourites. I remember back when I was about eleven or twelve, first time playing Silver, how excited I was I could once again battle Red and Blue (Ash and Gary for you Anime fans).

So who else out there is a fan of the game? Can't deny it, the games are addicting once you get into them.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ochu

The anime now, I find is tremendously crap, but I loved it when it was in it's first few seasons, then again maybe all I remember is the easily impressed mind I was when I first watched them? >_O

Still, the games are so good. I agree with the whole Silver/Gold generation being the best, I find the latter games get a bit boring and repetitive and the monsters are somewhat too dazzled up. But then again, it's fantastic how a simple game series has such a broad demographic ;D

I liked the first season of the anime, and the one with Orange Islands, which never got a part in any of the games. :(

The pokemon designs from Hoenn and Sinnoh just looked like crap, imo. They didn't seem all that original, and did you see the starters for D&P? The coolest one I could find was a little penguin.

I heard the online play in D&P is pretty awesome, I wouldn't mind playing against other people. That's my main reason for wanting to buy Diamond.

lol. i actually enjoy the anime. haha

Although, teamrocket annoys me :(

But yeah, i find the pokemon games extremely repetitive. I never got round to actually using 'strategy' in my battles. lol. i essentially used the asme pokemon over and over in my battles and then it got overpowered. haha

I enjoyed the anime and I actually enjoyed the films as well.

But I think the games are probly the best handheld RPG around. Everyone I know has at least played one of them.

When I was young I went to one of the Pokémon convensions as well, was actually a good day. Downloaded Deoxys there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The first couple generations were amazing RPG experiences. It took party customization to a new level, putting the franchise hype aside, the series is a solid RPG game.

Crystal Shards is right though, once they went beyond 250 species, it just got too ridiculous. "Gotta catch 'em all!" got to be a insurmountable goal.

I liked the first season the best. And the first two movies were good too.

As far as games go, I liked them up until Sapphire. But even then, I didn't enjoy it as much as the ones that came before it. I still whip out my Gameboy every once in a while to play Yellow. XD I think they need to stop making new Pokemon games. If they HAVE to make new games they should remake the originals (not that they need to be remade). Yellow was the best, in my opinion.

LOL wow way to necropost but then its all on topic and fairly concise so i imagine no harm done ive been playing since red blue and my own opinion of these games are as follows Red Blue Silver Gold=best Pokemon games ever ruby sapphire=SHIT emerald=little better but still SHIT diamond and pearl were worth nothing more then PUKE now heartgold and soul silver ive played a bit on both and ive gotta admit it looks like they're finally getting their asses back on track as the gameplay is very excellent

btw is it me or do pokemon nowadays look like they were drawn by 5 year olds hopped up on crack?

the anime was good all the way till i say orange i think for the games the should make orange in to a sidequest kind of game i mean i wouldn't mind racing on my lapris to a finsh line while riding on ice or carving a boat out of ice then riding it down a slop it would be kind of fun like instead of the whole pokemon game they could make it a whole new game yeah you can still capture pokemon and travel but you would have to do all the gymes with a twist and it world be cool to visit all the places/ islands that they visit in the anime like island where all the pokemon are pink and stuff you never know possibility

the games i like best are yellow and crystal cause one pikachu is to cute and two johto had alot more stuff to do then the other games and oh has anybody seen the starts for white and black yet if you hsven't telling right now the only good one to me is the grass type and the new legendary fire is a pig and water is another seal

• 2 weeks later...

still addicted to the games unfortunatly i do not have a ds so i still play the gba games on my psp with an emulator.i also play hacked roms they're pretty fun to play especially that liquid crystal game and shiny gold 2 apart from that fire red is pretty much my favourite ive tried out platinum and its ...meh.