Pokémon

Exodus

Been a fan of the games since the days of Red, Blue and Yellow. Though I took a break during the Generation III games and got back into the series when Generation IV hit the states.

Currently, I have Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and HeartGold. Finished the former two, didn't complete the latter yet.

The anime became crap (wishing it followed closer to the games and the mangas), but I still watch it, mainly to see what the animation did compared to the game by watching both the original Japanese and the dubs.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can still watch the first couple movies and seasons and get that nostalgia feeling. And to this day I play the games. I'm really into HeartGold right now, and definately prefer it over Platinum, I think because I can relate more to the Pokemon (1-250). The ones I remember from my childhood, playing the original Silver as a little 12 year old!

I was a big fan of the first anime, when they entered Johto I was even more addicted but when Misty departed and May came in, I died.

As for the games, I feel that they should have stopped after Johto. It just teems like they were trying to capitalize on the series.

I used to like the anime when I was younger, and when I was going through the 'watching an anime for a month before getting sick of it and hating it' phase of my life. XD

I still play the games, I love them. The first main game I got was Emerald, but all up my first game was Pokemon Stadium. I'm sort of divided now between whether I like HeartGold or Platinum better. Platinum has a better storyline (for me, I like epic remaking-the-world kinds of things) or HeartGold, for the more longer storyline and the better touch screen controls.

I remember... when there were 150 of you, well technically 151, if you are counting Mew. But i digress, i guess i spent the best years of my little life, surfing Cinnabar Island 126 Revives. And I miss the pokemon centre. I miss its music too. And the way that Snorlax looked like Lapras on water. Pokemon, What happened to you?

In the old days, you only got one form of every kind. I could name all the gym leaders..didn't even have to try. But now you've shown me Team Galactic, and dark and steal and egg. Oh, i want my red and blue when it so wasn't for sex. And i miss the cycling road, dont you know. I miss the music too! And I cant believe you used to be in black and white.

Pokemon, what happened to you?

Now legendary means nothing to me! Because one of a kind creatures add up to over 30. And i only want three choices for my Eevee. I don't want a rival if his name is not Gary! How the hell do you pronounce Suicune, Sooisign, Souisun, Suicun- Oh I don't know.

I miss holding down the B Button, because I thought it made it easier. I miss surfing to the truck and using strength to try and move it! I miss watching my Charmander evolve into a Charmeleon. I won't accept your LeafGreen. They'll always be Red and Blue to me!

Yesterday, I dreamt I was surrounded by Unown. They spelt the words 'We're Sorry' on behalf of Nintendo. We don't get poffins either. And Super Contests are so-so. And the pokedex was fine, it didnt need a radio.

And I miss the Team Rocket hide out. And i miss the music too. And why have shinies if they are so impossible to find. Pokemon what happened to you. Pokemon what happened to you.

And I'll never again experience that joy of mine. Because you are incompatible with my brand new DS-i.

Pokemon, What Happened to you.

By Alex Day.

I got my kid sister these games when she was little, she had trouble at times with the codes but even when you put the RPG aside she loved the pokemon and battling with them and above all else it was at the time one of the only games we knew of that supported two player activity. She adored battling me, that alone made the game fun for her above all else.

i thought the first part of the anime was good XD it got worse when the introduced characters like tracey, really didn't like him. i love to play the games while i am bored though like it gets soo interesting but when i get stuck i leave it for a bit and come back to it later :)

• 6 months later...

Ok, the anime (or Cartoon?) doesn't appeal to me anymore. When I was a kid, I really loved the series though.

The games, my personal favorite is Pokemon Crystal Version because it is the 1st Pokemon game I've ever completed (100%). Including the Pokedex, Celebi, GS Ball and stuffs.

I'm disappointed that the new Pokemon games(Black & White) is not going to be made for the 3DS it would have been awesome to see what they could have dont with it, i really think Nintendo missed out on a great chance to sell major amounts of them if they made a bundle when the games come out

i still think that the new Pokemon in the game are just copy, pastes from the older gens with the wtf meter turned to max

• 3 weeks later...