• Food Wars! Season 3
    • Golden Kamuy
    • High School DxD Hero
    • Hinamatsuri
    • Megalo Box
    • The Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The New Thesis - Encounter
    • Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/22/2018 at 10:36 PM

You may vote for one and only one series that aired this last Spring season and is included in this poll that you think deserves to be Anime of Spring 2018.

You only get to vote once.

*Anime series are alphabetically ordered for this poll.

Voting ends August 22nd.

If your favorite isn't listed then it's your own fault. There was a nominations thread up for a while for everyone to nominate their favorite for this poll. The options here are what was nominated by everyone. We'll run a similar nomination and poll at the end of the Summer 2018 season so be sure to look for it.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Koby pinned and featured this topic

It's always disappointing to see how little people tend to involve themselves in the community given the size of the community. Every season these polls are lucky to see 100-150 votes within the three weeks it's ran despite literally thousands of people viewing the site daily. Every time I visit there is roughly 60 users listed online and even more guests. It's also shocking to see trigger-trash leading the poll, but I suppose it's understandable given most of the big shots that would've cinched the season couldn't be renominated since they'd previously won.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hayato said:

It's always disappointing to see how little people tend to involve themselves in the community given the size of the community.

I agree, but I'm not sure how to get people more involved. Most users come here for a quick download and never interact. If you take a look at the users online, most of them tend to have a single post made a while back that was borderline spam, and never heard from again. They don't care about the community or participating... it's just about what they can get out of it. The regulars do tend to participate in things like this though, but they don't really partake in actual discussions outside of downloads either or they're all done in IRC/Discord and thus the forum loses out.

I was actually shocked about FranXX too given that I haven't seen anyone praise it. Even the people working on the show here didn't have much to say about it by the end of it's run. Everything I've been told about it seems like typical Trigger to me and I avoid Trigger shows because they always seem to disappoint.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Koby said:

I agree, but I'm not sure how to get people more involved. Most users come here for a quick download and never interact. If you take a look at the users online, most of them tend to have a single post made a while back that was borderline spam, and never heard from again. They don't care about the community or participating... it's just about what they can get out of it. The regulars do tend to participate in things like this though, but they don't really partake in actual discussions outside of downloads either or they're all done in IRC/Discord and thus the forum loses out.

I was actually shocked about FranXX too given that I haven't seen anyone praise it. Even the people working on the show here didn't have much to say about it by the end of it's run. Everything I've been told about it seems like typical Trigger to me and I avoid Trigger shows because they always seem to disappoint.

The main problem with the show is that it didn't have anything to praise, even though there isn't really anything terribly negative to say about the show either. It was overwhelmingly middling. It had a ton of potential but just kinda meandered around for 20 some-odd episodes without ever actually trying to do anything. Let alone take any risks that would have either bombed the show, or given it's more unique elements a chance to actually shine. I could at least have been more excited for the show by the end of it's run time even if it bombed, but at least did so with something intriguing. It was a pleasant, easy to digest watch. That was it. Nothing exciting, nothing daring, just some well animated mush to sip on while waiting for the anime industry to grow some balls and take some risks again.

I'm still voting for it tho.

4 hours ago, freeka said:

The main problem with the show is that it didn't have anything to praise, even though there isn't really anything terribly negative to say about the show either. It was overwhelmingly middling. It had a ton of potential but just kinda meandered around for 20 some-odd episodes without ever actually trying to do anything. Let alone take any risks that would have either bombed the show, or given it's more unique elements a chance to actually shine. I could at least have been more excited for the show by the end of it's run time even if it bombed, but at least did so with something intriguing. It was a pleasant, easy to digest watch. That was it. Nothing exciting, nothing daring, just some well animated mush to sip on while waiting for the anime industry to grow some balls and take some risks again.

I'm still voting for it tho.

If it wins AotS, I'll watch it when the Blu-rays are done because of you. 🤘🏼

• Haha 1

I voted for FraXX it wasn't bad overall just the pacing was bad at times, waiting a week for a filler episode was annoying. The final part of the story was pretty cringe-worthy as well, reminiscent of Eureka Seven or Gurren Lagann. I think I only watched about half the final episode as they managed to drag out about 5 minutes of story for a full episode

I would have possibly voted to Food Wars if I'd actually seen it, I think the list seems a bit sparse of any big hitters this time round

I am in the process of watching gineiden remake so will know after that. FranXX was decent but the ending took a strange turn which left a lot to be wanting. Hinamatsuri was a pleasant surprise. Golden Kamuy was decent too but, being not finishes it also left me wanting. Shokugeki is Shokugeki, it is basically a guilty pleasure. Hahaha.

On 8/11/2018 at 5:57 AM, Vaux said:

I voted for FraXX it wasn't bad overall just the pacing was bad at times, waiting a week for a filler episode was annoying. The final part of the story was pretty cringe-worthy as well, reminiscent of Eureka Seven or Gurren Lagann. I think I only watched about half the final episode as they managed to drag out about 5 minutes of story for a full episode

I would have possibly voted to Food Wars if I'd actually seen it, I think the list seems a bit sparse of any big hitters this time round

Eureka Seven is a great parallel to draw!

Out of the options provided, I think 'Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii' stands out as the most unique.  Rarely do you see a series that portrays adult friendships & relationships in a (mostly) normal and healthy way.  Also liked Franxx even though the criticism regarding the second half of the show is generally on point

I loved Darling in the Franxx, shame the ending was just all like "We're gonna do aliens and opt not to give you the Hiro Zero Two resolution you'd hoped for with a heaping side of a choppy trainwreck of an action scene populated by freaking red and blue Lasers instead of the killer fluid melee action of the early story"... The Ninedemption was kinda nice and I liked the way things got tied up with Dr. Franxx.  His obsession with the klaxosaur princess was kinda neat, I would say the whole package was okay but #Notmyending. That said I'm voting for Megalo Box

Edited by Spacecreepkitan