Reactions are finally here.

Koby

As you may have noticed, some updates have taken place over the last couple days. The software the forum operates on has been updated and all themes have seen updates along with it to adjust to these changes as well as add other nifty features. One of the biggest changes you may have noticed is the Reactions. Similar to Facebook, the Like button has seen an upgrade.

On posts, status updates, and other content you can now give Like, Thanks, Haha, Confused, and Sad Reactions. I can add more if you have any suggestions (will also require some nice icons to go with them).

Not only this, but I can assign reputation points for each action. They could be negative, neutral, or positive. Though just like the fact I've always had the dislike button disabled, I'll also maintain that no negative rep will be added. As of now Like, Thanks, and Haha gives 1 reputation point. While Confused and Sad are neutral (no points given or taken). Basically it'll work like the Like button always had, only it allows to better express yourself.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DRX said:

Love the update, now I can give thanks to posts without needing to comment the whole time ^_^

From a frequent uploader: please do continue to comment your thanks on things that really stand out. It means a lot to us, and it serves a double-purpose of helping others find good content by bumping those threads back up to the front page.

Any support or encouragement goes a lot further than you might expect.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Catar said:

From a frequent uploader: please do continue to comment your thanks on things that really stand out. It means a lot to us, and it serves a double-purpose of helping others find good content by bumping those threads back up to the front page.

I think you're just upset over this "thanks" feature's lack of symphogear gifs:bad_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Catar said:

While I do see how "Thank you!" post can be beneficial, I think they get "abused" too often.

Just looking at the activity feed, one can occasionally see someone posting a lot of generic, copy-paste looking "Thank you!" posts within few minutes between them. It gives an impression that poster has little care about content and it's providers, and is only interested in increasing personal post count to get further access.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Catar said:

Will do, just thought people mis use thanks comments to gain quick access to VIP section. 

Just now, ElementalCards said:

They could always increase the post count limit to, say 500 or something and let the poster find out for himself.

That's a solution, but I personally think access to the VIP section should be based on your community reputation(likes).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Catar said:

I second that...

Specially the first part...words/comments > giving likes/thanks

The update is amazing Koby!  I'm digging the reactions!  I tend to lurk more and read everyone comments etc more than posting (I'm so bad at it!) and I always felt that if a user had said Thanks already then there was no need for me and I would click the like instead, it felt like I was double-posting.

Good to know that info from uploaders about showing gratitude!

So I will start today.... 

THANKS, KOBY YOU & THA K-TEAM ROCK! B|

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 4:51 PM, Koby said:

I can add more if you have any suggestions (will also require some nice icons to go with them).

Do you have a list to choose from/any more you can add? Or are the ones that we currently have (Thanks, Haha, Confused and Sad) the only ones available.  Judging by your "will require icons", I'm assuming the current ones are all we have...

1 hour ago, Moodkiller said:

Do you have a list to choose from/any more you can add? Or are the ones that we currently have (Thanks, Haha, Confused and Sad) the only ones available.  Judging by your "will require icons", I'm assuming the current ones are all we have...

Inb4 lenny face icon gets added

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

All that are currently added are available aside from the downvote.

57 minutes ago, None said:

@Koby Rep points tied to Reactions, so is there some form of limit to Reaction usage? Cause I'm not seeing my Reactions being registered after 10 in a row. Why not set Haha to neutral?

Also, did one of the old themes (Asphyxia) got replaced or something?

Depends on usergroup as to what I've set limits as. Currently there is a bug so it's not telling you when you've hit that limit as you've noticed. However this will be fixed in the next update:

Asphyxia was designed by me way back on like 4.0.x and the forum has seen dozens of updates since then without any updates to the theme and thus I felt it was time to discontinue it until I could fix it up and skin the new sections so they didn't look completely out of place and mis-matched. Some of the features were also broken on it, so it really needed to be removed until I could look into it.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 11:37 PM, Scyrous said:

Inb4 lenny face icon gets added

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 11/7/2017 at 6:14 AM, Koby said:

All that are currently added are available aside from the downvote.

Hmm, alright. Before I go hunting for icons and doing work that wont be used, what are your thoughts for swapping the heart icon (labeled "Like") for a thumbs up icon instead? Expanding on that suggestion,  you could even leave the heart icon and re-label it as "Love it" or something similar. I.e. Have a thumbs-up-like reaction AND love-it-heart reaction.

19 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hmm, alright. Before I go hunting for icons and doing work that wont be used, what are your thoughts for swapping the heart icon (labeled "Like") for a thumbs up icon instead? Expanding on that suggestion,  you could even leave the heart icon and re-label it as "Love it" or something similar. I.e. Have a thumbs-up-like reaction AND love-it-heart reaction.

I suppose, if you can find a nice thumbs-up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Stop lying what you really want is a smiling hatsune miku face for the "like" recation:bad_smile: