PS3 anyone?

Koga

&agrees with Riku-Kun.

And before u argue SasukeX, u said that, earlier on, Wii only sold a lot of consoles due to its price.

What i argued was that if Nintendo Wii was as expensive as the ps3, it would have much better graphics, and hardware in it, having a lot more appeal.

The more expensive things are, the more (generally) better quality it is. That said, Nintendo Wii isn't bad quality. It's just innovation at its best where as 360 and ps3 just try to benchmark its hardware performance.

that said, u cannot compare these 3 consoles together.

1 - Alright. Let's put a 10 year old kid playing Resident Evil, shooting up some zombies, and see how far he'll actually get into the game, shall we?

Depends on which 10 year old kid you talk about ;) I've seen a 7 year old kid play Counter Strike Zombie Mod, so I think he can stomach it D:

And for the 3 consoles, If been mostly into Nintendo the whole time. Just because the console has games for kids, it doesn't mean that the entire system is. As Riku Kun said about RE4, It's beyond a kids game. Things such as Zelda may pass for Half/Half as its Twilight Princess storyline was at a much less "childish" mood if you would call it that.

The Wii is great, it's not trying to compete, it's doing something new and it has great potential.Right now though we have only seen a few really good games but I think it's fair to say that more are on the way.The Wii however is not for kids only, right now it may seem like it because of the few good games it has but Nintendo knew what they were doing when they launched all those videos with young and old people playing together.I know a lot of people that are not kids who are into the Wii because they think the idea of the controllers is unique and good.It's like the TMNT and Transformer movies, there are some old returning fans.

Resident Evil at Wii is not a new game. We've seen it a PS2 too. I'm not interested at that game so much.

Regardless where you've seen it before, it's still a game for WII. And it's not the only one like it for WII. You may not be interested, but I'll bet you many people will buy the WII just for it.

Killzone, Gran Turismo 5, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 are good games. Tell me if you want some other games. There are a LOT. I'm tired to write them all.

Do tell more. I hate Killzone, it's a bad Halo wannabe. Not everyone likes car games. I dislike them. The only game of sorts that I've played and finished was NFS Carbon. Anyone who likes car games cannot deny that they only find them better for graphics. Otherwise, everything in a car game (but, obviously, new cars) is alike every other else. Pro Evolution Soccer is a good example but alas, I can get it for the computer. Much better than at PS3, I'll tell you that.

Depends on which 10 year old kid you talk about I've seen a 7 year old kid play Counter Strike Zombie Mod, so I think he can stomach it D:

Obviously not every kid. And Counter Strike can't even begin to be compared to Resident Evil in the terror factor, not even in Zombie Mode. It's not about the game being scary or not. It's not. It's just a bunch of pixel rotting undead. But it scares you crapless in those parts where it's completely silent, then you hear somethin chew. You can't really say a 10 year old kid would just equip a Machine Gun and burst in the room. I've actually made some sort of a personal investigation on it. At a birthday party for a friend of my mother's, I took my Resident Evil 4 (because I wanted the day to just pass, and the woman's husband had a PS2 for me to play on, with his permission). As the kids started to lie around and stuff, I had an idea. So I chose 3 boys and 3 girls, and made them all play the same level. They were all around the ages of 10 to 12.

Do you know how many finished the level? One. And you know why? Because the girl avoided zones with "scary noises" and ran shitless through the whole level.

Proven guilty.

Yeah Pro Evolution Soccer 8 won an award as the best game at PS3 lol.

You've played NFS Carbon? you must really try the new NFS game because it will change to something like a mix of NFS and Gran Turismo.

GT has always aimed towards making cars look real while NFS aimed to have good playing.

I bet the new NFS will be a blast! And at NFS you can modify cars a lot so it's a good game.

Yeah Pro Evolution Soccer 8 won an award as the best game at PS3 lol.

You've played NFS Carbon? you must really try the new NFS game because it will change to something like a mix of NFS and Gran Turismo.

GT has always aimed towards making cars look real while NFS aimed to have good playing.

I bet the new NFS will be a blast! And at NFS you can modify cars a lot so it's a good game.

That's the only good thing about NFS. The option to make your car unique. I don't really have that urge for graphics. I actually preffer old Suikoden II to MANY of the new age RPGs.

Need for speed? NFS has been going worse eversince hot persuit...

if you want good ps3 games...

Motorstorm

Resistance: fall of men

Oblivion (not an exclusive, but still very good)

The darkness (no exclusive)

singstar (not a game for me, but still very loved with the fans)

And those are the games already out

And a bunch of race and soccer games... you should ask billup bout that...

still to come:

Assassin's creed

The club

devil may cry

The eye of jugement (exclusive)

Final fantasy XIII (exclusive)

Final fantasy versus XIII (exclusive)

Folklore (exclusive)

God of war III (exclusive)

GTA IV

Guitar hero III

Haze

Fracture

Heavenly sword (exclusive)

Heavy rain (exclusive)

Stranglehold

Killzone 2 (exclusive)

L.A. Noir (exclusive)

Lair (exclusive)

The last remnent

Littlebigplanet (exclusive) << this game is going to rock!

Mafia II

Mercenaries 2

Metal gear online (exclusive)

Metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots (exclusive)

Monster hunter 3 (exclusive)

Motorstorm 2 (exclusive)

Resident evil 5

Saints row 2

Shin megami tensei

Starwars the force unleashed

Stuntman Ignition

Timeshift

Timesplitters 4 (exclusive)

Endwar

Uncharted: Drake's fortune (exclusive)

And those are just a few games I picked out of a list, which sound interesting to me... There are a whole bunch of sport/WWII (that's world war 2) games which don't interest me, but might indeed be very good.

Need for speed? NFS has been going worse eversince hot persuit...

if you want good ps3 games...

Motorstorm

Resistance: fall of men

Oblivion (not an exclusive, but still very good)

The darkness (no exclusive)

singstar (not a game for me, but still very loved with the fans)

And those are the games already out

And a bunch of race and soccer games... you should ask billup bout that...

still to come:

Assassin's creed

The club

devil may cry

The eye of jugement (exclusive)

Final fantasy XIII (exclusive)

Final fantasy versus XIII (exclusive)

Folklore (exclusive)

God of war III (exclusive)

GTA IV

Guitar hero III

Haze

Fracture

Heavenly sword (exclusive)

Heavy rain (exclusive)

Stranglehold

Killzone 2 (exclusive)

L.A. Noir (exclusive)

Lair (exclusive)

The last remnent

Littlebigplanet (exclusive) << this game is going to rock!

Mafia II

Mercenaries 2

Metal gear online (exclusive)

Metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots (exclusive)

Monster hunter 3 (exclusive)

Motorstorm 2 (exclusive)

Resident evil 5

Saints row 2

Shin megami tensei

Starwars the force unleashed

Stuntman Ignition

Timeshift

Timesplitters 4 (exclusive)

Endwar

Uncharted: Drake's fortune (exclusive)

And those are just a few games I picked out of a list, which sound interesting to me... There are a whole bunch of sport/WWII (that's world war 2) games which don't interest me, but might indeed be very good.

Hahah well bro, and you still failed to show me a game who will impress me and that will not be loved for it's graphics alone. The only game there that'll do that is Shin Megami Tensei, being different in every aspect in each way. Probably a PERSONA 4. But Devil May Cry for example. It'll still be mindless monster slashing 90% of violence with the small 10% story on the background. Let's see.........nope. No other game can possibly catch my atention. Maybe the next Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Final Fantasy pretty much sucks real bad since they went Enix (appart from Tactics Advance), so I'm not that excited by Final Fantasy XIII. Once more relied on the graphics more than story. That why I think it's incredibly stupid and pathetic for people to make and wear FF XIII sigs. Because they basically have no fucking clue of what they have in their sig. And I bet they'll still not know entirely after they've finished the game itself. Tsh, got the proof in FFXII, the worst Final Fantasy in terms of story I've ever played. Assassin's Creed seems like another Boy Hook game, one of those games that attract kids and guys who like mindless killing, by providing images of something that the game is gonna be, but when you actually play it, the story sucks, and so do the characters. (But hey, you can always kill a lot of people!.....pathetic) What else....Well there're some games there that I just googled and "look" good., but that's just about it.

I don't know why Wii makes so much games related to Mario. Can't they simply create some new games with new characters? Mario Strikers? They could have made something new there... it's just my opinion though.

BTW... woah a EA technician complained about the PS3 being complicated to create games. xD However he said that might change in the future.

Seriously, this game-programming thing at PS3 is annoying. I wonder how did they make games so far?

Edit: There is a new 40 GB version for PS3 at $400. Go PS3.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...