PS3 anyone?

Koga

hey draz, I'm not really feeling well right now so I just skipped through your post but dude why do you think the PS3 is so crap right now?So far I think it PS3 had only twoa good exclusives, The Darkness ( I think it's ps3 exclusive not sure), resistance, and oblivion was the good non exclusive.but an old PC game called FEAR was great on PC, good on 360, and suffered bad framerate on PS3.

if I dont make much sense go easy on me, I'll edit later when I'm feeling a little better

yeah, since the price drop the ps3 has been on top of the sales of amazone.com and other online retailers.

In stores it's a little diffrend, there they are sold out...

And to slayer, my last post showed 2-3 reasons why the ps3 is better...

They are directed at the movie you posted...

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=42000

yeah, less than 1% of the ps3's sold has been sent back for repair. In normal products this is between the 3-5%.

'According to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe founder Chris Deering, PS3 failure rates are "around .02 percent". In other words, the PS3 is way below the industry average of failure rates (3-5%).'

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/03/xbox-360-refused-repairs-and-really-high-failure-rate/

'in related news, DailyTech recently conducted a poll of retailers in an attempt to find out just how high the Xbox 360's failure rate was, one of which reportedly pegged it to be as high as 33 percent. That number comes from a former EB Games employee, who also said that the company was forced to nearly double the price of its over-the-counter warranty prices as a result. According to DailyTech, a Best Buy manager also claimed that the failure rate was "between a quarter to a third" of all units sold, although it seems that those numbers are based only on personal experience'

well if it was the same price as the ps3, it wuold be a way better console and hence, would make ppl buy it.

Because price of goods & services = cost of inputs + marginal profit most of hte times.

higher cost of inputs (better quality WII) the higher price of the good.

and plus, there are exclusive Wii games such as mario, metroid, Zelda, etc.

One problem I really have with all the new consoles is..

Why don't they just stick to gaming instead of adding all this other stuff I already have... I already have a DVD player, a computer, internet browsers, hard drives, ect ect ect. I wish they would focus more on just the games rather than all these other features that I will rarely use since I have them already. I think that if they would do that, like they used to with the PS1, N64, nintendo, atari, ect (notice microsoft isnt there =p). prices would be alot lower and there would be way more gaming capability and features for games only.

I dont know, I mean.. I have all three of the new systems and its pretty sad I own alot of the same things now.

Microsoft is just trying to turn their products into more personal computers rather than gaming systems it seems like. Most of the people that are fan boys of it havent been around in gaming very long, seeing as they hate the systems that actually revolutionized gaming. I stated that partly because of the video someone posted earlier.

BTW Halo is overrated...yes I said it.. =P ... Ive played nearly all of the FPS's that have been out going way back to the first Doom and I can say there are tons more out there that are way better, that just goes to show you that these microsoft fan boys really havent played anything besides whats on the xbox.

anyway sorry that was my rant about my problems with the new generation of the gaming industry >_>

Actuallly, reason why the WII has some sales is because it's fun to play.its a party console. simple as that.

and nothing will ever overtake the pc.

Period.

I agree. Whereas PS3 relies TOO heavily on it's hardware, '360 relies on graphics (in my point of view), WII is a family/party console, obviously not meant to be an equal to PS3 and X-BOX '360.

I own a PS3, and it's quite sad the quantity of games that SUCK for it so far. People are just mesmerized by graphics, that's all. In 2/3 years, nobody's going to say the same. My best friend is going to buy a '360 along with me so we can get Halo 3, along with all the very GOOD games of the sort that failed to come out in PS2, and most probably will fail to come out on PS3. But WII is just one of the best consoles I've played on. It's fun, serves as an AWESOME boredom killer, and allows the player to actually feel more of a part of the game, something that PS3/'360 gamers will never feel.

I'm not defending WII, or even putting it above the PS3 or '360. I just think it's a very stupid idea to even COMPARE them, because each relies on it's own utility, and either have nothing to do with eachother.

I have spoken. XD

1. Wii is a much more like a kids console rather than a party one.

2. PS3 has games that are actually great.

3. XBox 360 is awesome and is a good competitor for PS3.

Nintendo said itself that Wii is not a next-gen console. PS3 and 360 ARE.

1 - Alright. Let's put a 10 year old kid playing Resident Evil, shooting up some zombies, and see how far he'll actually get into the game, shall we?

2 - Name one that might interest me.

3 - I agree, it is awesome. But it can't be compared. Ever.

And like I said, WII is not SUPPOSED to surpass or even equal PS3 and '360. It's supposed to please whoever is pleased by it, the rest can just go fuck themselves. I, myself, love the console. I think it's well concieved and very well thought of. Millions of people agree. Other millions don't. Tough luck. That's exacly why they can't be compared. There'll never BE a better one.