PS3 anyone?

Koga

im considering buying a PS3.. I have a 360 and have had one for 5 years or so and love it to death. but i am starting to run out of games to play on it since i have a gamefly account...

is the ps3 really worth it? if so, which version should i buy?

I would recommend buying either the 160 GB or 320 GB PS3, if you don't care about being able to play PS2 games on your PS3.

(I still have my old slim PS2, so I didn't need a backwards compatible PS3)

I would recommend buying either the 160 GB or 320 GB PS3, if you don't care about being able to play PS2 games on your PS3.

(I still have my old slim PS2, so I didn't need a backwards compatible PS3)

why exactly would you recommend those? whats the point of all the space? i dont download movies or anything like that. please explain

why exactly would you recommend those? whats the point of all the space? i dont download movies or anything like that. please explain

I would personally go with either of them because its a good amount of space for the money if you only wanna play PS3 games. Personally I suggest you look online to find a used 60GB version so you can do both PS2, and PS3 games.

I would personally go with either of them because its a good amount of space for the money if you only wanna play PS3 games. Personally I suggest you look online to find a used 60GB version so you can do both PS2, and PS3 games.

Yeah i found someone willing to sell a 80gb version for $130 and i think i want that because i heard its backwards compatible with a lot of ps2 games. i dont really need all the extra space i hope

Yeah i found someone willing to sell a 80gb version for $130 and i think i want that because i heard its backwards compatible with a lot of ps2 games. i dont really need all the extra space i hope

Which 80GB is it because there was one with the emotion chipset, and one with a emulator which sucked. horribly for backwards comparability. You shouldn't like you said all your doing is playing games not really storing music or movies and stuff.

Which 80GB is it because there was one with the emotion chipset, and one with a emulator which sucked. horribly for backwards comparability. You shouldn't like you said all your doing is playing games not really storing music or movies and stuff.

yeah i am not sure which 80gb it is.. i haven't been a playstation person since the PS2 so this is all new to me..

its a sad day when someone can say they dont have an online connection for a gaming console halfway through 2012

I don't have an online connection for gaming, and my internet speed is laughable (i also have atrocious TV reception). It's sad that many companies around the world take it for granted that everyone can download large files from the internet...the simple fact that to use the PSN properly i'd have to be able to download HUGE game files means that i won't be getting a Vita and the PS3's online potential seems slightly pointless. And it's doubly sad that my internet is so poor because of the area i live in....just 30 or 40 miles away internet is much better.

I don't have an online connection for gaming, and my internet speed is laughable (i also have atrocious TV reception). It's sad that many companies around the world take it for granted that everyone can download large files from the internet...the simple fact that to use the PSN properly i'd have to be able to download HUGE game files means that i won't be getting a Vita and the PS3's online potential seems slightly pointless. And it's doubly sad that my internet is so poor because of the area i live in....just 30 or 40 miles away internet is much better.

i almost feel like crying for you... =( lol im sorry to hear that!

its a sad day when someone can say they dont have an online connection for a gaming console halfway through 2012

Main reason why I don't have an online connection for my PS3 is, it's too far away from my computer, which is where my broadband modem is.

(I don't have Wi-Fi Internet or a Wi-Fi Router whatever)

My PS3 is always in my bedroom, and the computer is always in the family room. Sadly not as simple as moving the PS3 to where the computer is, or vice-versa.