Can anyone explain me the story of flcl

Nikhil shrivas

• 1 month later...

The story of FLCL isn't too complicated when you break it down and honestly it's not that important since the show is more about being a metaphor for puberty than anything else.  You'll have to be more specific about what you need help understanding exactly but the basic jist is this:

• Haruko is an alien looking for Atomisk the pirate king (I can't quite remember if it's because she loves him, because she wants to absorb his power, or both).
  • Medical mechanica is an evil interplanetary corporation.  They've captured Atomisk.  They want to rid the universe of all though or something.
  • Haruko is using Naota's head as a portal to pull MM robots out to try and free Atomisk.

That's all that really matters as far as "plot" elements are concerned.  As I already said the show is more about the themes than any of that.

• 2 months later...

Well if there's anything I remember from watching FLCL about 15 years ago, it's the soundtrack. The Pillows really made some memorable music that fit this series perfectly.

And... the Vespa. And the guitar.

Meaning? I don't remember. But after 15 years I could rewatch it through these now mature eyes, see if it's any easier now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 7:36 PM, Ivoyko said:

In resume: Someone was drugged and borred then they did this anime. STORY END.

It's not that druggy and it's not that confusing.

On 5/23/2017 at 7:36 PM, Ivoyko said:

Well they are so crazy than they go to do a second season next year.

The new seasons have a different writer and director.  I'm betting highly that they'll be not nearly as good as the original.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The point of FLCL as I see it is that it's a story about growing up, about a boy as he comes of age in a changing world. It's about being a kid finding out about the emotions of adulthood and the responsibility that comes with them. Most of the confusion comes form how much effort was put into the animation as it was also kind of a tour-de-force for the new century, trying to push what anime could be at a time when it really mattered.
It's also about how none of that matters, and really everyone is just a bunch of overgrown kids trying to handle their urges, sexual, violent, compassionate, absurd, or otherwise.

Edited by Aladin676

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Memesnake said:

So, now that the new season is out, has anyone watched it? Was it good? I've heard mixed things. I remember really liking the season 1 dub when they would air it over and over on Adult Swim.

Can't really give a good answer since the last episode airs next week, but it does have a lot of crazy moments like the first season, but it gets more serious in the second half.

19 hours ago, Memesnake said:

So, now that the new season is out, has anyone watched it? Was it good? I've heard mixed things. I remember really liking the season 1 dub when they would air it over and over on Adult Swim.

It's been pretty meh.  It has a lot of surface elements of the original but the characters aren't as good and really the writing overall is a big step down.  It's better than I honestly thought it would be but I don't think it's good enough to justify its existence.