Death Note Ending Satisfied? (assume there are spoilers)

TheLostFool

Were you satisfied with the ending?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Were you satisfied with the ending?

• NO! Upset Light lost, how it happened was lame.
    • Not Really. Upset Light lost, though accept how it happened.
    • Meh. Not sure but leaning to a not so much.
    • Indifferent - I don't know how to think for myself. =P
    • Meh. Not sure but leaning to I suppose.
    • Partly. Glad Light lost, but not how it happened.
    • Yes! Glad Light lost, and how it happened.

How does everyone feel about the ending?

As the title suggests there are going to be spoilers so don't bother to even read this topic if you haven't yet finished the anime and want it to be unspoiled.

Heh to tell the truth I don't quite know how to hide stuff and really with the topic saying spoilers, you've be forewarned.

Is anyone else as let down and upset about the ending??

In my opinion it was such a crap ending. I mean the series was pretty darn good if you ask me. But that ending was just so bland, so tasteless, and just so lame.

I mean even if it would have come to the same result , which in my opinion is too childish, the way it was carried out in the ending was too simple minded. It felt like there was a quota and it was just hastily put together to make sense. Which it really didn't. I mean the whole pretense of the ending was based off of X-Keria screw up by not listening to Light (Keria). COME ON that is so retarded!! First off it doesn't even make sense for one those actions don't even match up to X-Keria's character. NOT AT ALL! The reason being, X-Keria wouldn't disobey an order by Light (Keria). Seeing as Light gave his orders that X-Keria wouldn't do anything until the specified date. It just makes no sense that X-Keria would disobey that order. And as for X-Keria acting on his own previously, well that was before he had any contact with Light (Keria), so even with that it doesn't make sense that X-Keria would disobey Light and ultimately lead to Lights downfall. And as for the actual end results with Keria's plan failing, and him dying. That is just so much of a standard almost hollywood ending which states that good always beats evil.

I think if the ending went in the opposite direction it could have been a whole hell of a lot better. It just seemed the whole the book was switched was just pulled out of someone's rear end. If there was a more well founded and believable mess up that would have made it a bit better but all together it was rubbish. Thats my taste on it at least. I liked the series almost until the end now i just have a bad taste in my mouth and am severely disappointed.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very upset when Light lost, I did come to accept it eventually but how they made him lose was just ridiculous... I mean for one, Teri Mikami (X-Kira) was very routine and very safe when it came to the Death Note. Teri Mikami would not have allowed such a mistake to come about, he would of been a lot more careful, especially because he would of KNOWN he was being followed as Light had planned it that way. So for such an event to happen is just ridiculous.

The fact that Lawliet (Ryuzaki/L) died was a huge downer in my opinion. He needed to die though for the story to be able to finish. It was a huge shock to me when he died still.

I was very upset when Light lost, I did come to accept it eventually but how they made him lose was just ridiculous... I mean for one, Teri Mikami (X-Kira) was very routine and very safe when it came to the Death Note. Teri Mikami would not have allowed such a mistake to come about, he would of been a lot more careful, especially because he would of KNOWN he was being followed as Light had planned it that way. So for such an event to happen is just ridiculous.

I completely agree with what you said Bindy, It really doesn't match the story nor does it match X-Kira's character. I mean he knew he was being followed there is just no way X-Kira would have let that happen. It almost makes me laugh at how 'ridiculous' it really is!! I mean were they not watching their own anime or what? haha

back when i watched this i was so mad that light lost but a few weeks later i realized it was fine. now i have no problem with the way he died, and dont see any reason he should of lived after that.

on a side note, i really wish misa didnt have to commit suicide.

Glad Light lost, he needed to, bad guys nearly never win anyhow so I expected it. Just a little disappointed L had to die. L was epic. Anyways the series ended nicely, everything wrapped up good, came together, and with no loose ends or plot holes. I liked the whole showdown at the end, and how it ended exactly how Ryuk said it would from the beginning. Ryuk told Light he would be the one to kill him in the end, and that he could go to neither heaven nor hell. Maybe he becomes a Shinigami himself or something?

Also it's spelled "Kira". It's a play off the Japanese pronounciation of the English world "Killer".

for me.. im glad that light yagami lost in that battle of tactics with "N"

you see, light sacrificed everything just to be a god.. his father, his old girlfriend back at college and most of his comrades at the police force. he thought that he's a good guy by killing criminals with the deathnote, but in the end he's the criminal himself.

the fact of "L" getting killed upsets me too much. it's just Kira just got the upper hand when he blackmailed misa's shinigami.

so.. i will give 10 / 10 for the ending. the way ryuk said to light that he will be the one to kill him when light is gonna be killed really make me appreciate the twist of the story. also, the way Light handle the enemies with his tact.. i really like it (yeah, that's why i like Light but i want him to die.. :D)

oh and yeah.. i really like Misa.. it will be also a nice ending if Light and Misa will live together, but that's a different story

I've never really contested the ending since I was satisfied with it at the time. It was an awesome showdown, and yeah, Light's defeat was essential to end the story. As for the plot after L died - the pattern changed, and it felt like it had been written by an entirely different author. And Light lost some brain cells.... I didn't think it was like him to 'share' his power. I mean, he wasn't forced to share it when facing L, and believe that L was alot more threatening than Near.

I agree with everyone that Mikami's character was inconsistently portrayed. But my main focus is on Light - he so easily fell into Near's hands. I think this indicates that the author couldn't defeat his own character (Light), and had to possibly 'simplify' Light in order to defeat him and end the story.

no I HATED the ending HATED misa dying, i wanted light to live with misa by his side and people trying to stop him and failing, i could have watched 200 more eps of this, they should have made this anime lonnnnger

wat r u talking abt? we never actually saw misa die. it was just implied. and that too in the anime.

the writer ohba just couldn't think of a fate for her

. Ryuk told Light he would be the one to kill him in the end, and that he could go to neither heaven nor hell. Maybe he becomes a Shinigami himself or something?

Are you sure Ryuk said he would be the one to kill Light? I think I recall him saying the only thing that he would get from accepting the death note would be fear and suffering in his life. I think he actually kept that from Kira like so many other things. Though you bring another thing to mind, something that I was actually hoping for.. that being more into what happened to Death Note users once they died since they didn't go to heaven nor hell. I too thought that he might in return become a Shinigami in return. Yet again in my opinion wasting such a good area to explore. Even if Light had to die, though in my opinion in a way that actually would make sense, they could have done so much more after his death. Show what happens to the world after he was gone, what happens to him after he died ect. I think this further makes me shout out this was such a horrible, B.S., Lame, and as many negative adjectives you can think of ending!!!! lol

on a side note.. lol note.. I found a copy of the movies, heh I think I'll only watch the first one in hopes that it will be the perfect Death Note movie.. meaning it ends with L's Death. So I can skip all the stuff I dislike about the series. Maybe it will make me a bit more ok with Death Note. :greedy:

Are you sure Ryuk said he would be the one to kill Light? I think I recall him saying the only thing that he would get from accepting the death note would be fear and suffering in his life. I think he actually kept that from Kira like so many other things. Though you bring another thing to mind, something that I was actually hoping for.. that being more into what happened to Death Note users once they died since they didn't go to heaven nor hell. I too thought that he might in return become a Shinigami in return. Yet again in my opinion wasting such a good area to explore. Even if Light had to die, though in my opinion in a way that actually would make sense, they could have done so much more after his death. Show what happens to the world after he was gone, what happens to him after he died ect. I think this further makes me shout out this was such a horrible, B.S., Lame, and as many negative adjectives you can think of ending!!!! lol

on a side note.. lol note.. I found a copy of the movies, heh I think I'll only watch the first one in hopes that it will be the perfect Death Note movie.. meaning it ends with L's Death. So I can skip all the stuff I dislike about the series. Maybe it will make me a bit more ok with Death Note. :greedy:

Ryuk definitely told Light what I said from the very beginning. Remember Shinigami extend their life by ending others via their Death Notes. If you missed such a key factor you need to definitely go back and watch the show 2 or maybe 3 more times to make sure you aren't missing anything else as well.

The movies were great, especially the 3rd one which was all about L after he defeated Light in the movies. xD

Ryuk definitely told Light what I said from the very beginning. Remember Shinigami extend their life by ending others via their Death Notes. If you missed such a key factor you need to definitely go back and watch the show 2 or maybe 3 more times to make sure you aren't missing anything else as well.

The movies were great, especially the 3rd one which was all about L after he defeated Light in the movies. xD

Oh I see what you mean, but I thought he'd just write how he'd die once his task was completed. Cause he said when it's his time to die, which is pretty ambiguous in my opinion. But again my main problem with the ending is with how Light is defeated. Cause the way it played out I just can't see it.

Ohh then I am excited to watch them! Though I still have to find the 3rd one, to dl.

no I HATED the ending HATED misa dying, i wanted light to live with misa by his side and people trying to stop him and failing, i could have watched 200 more eps of this, they should have made this anime lonnnnger

i like that scenario but i can't even imagine a world with Light being a God.. even he just want to make the world without criminals / bad people..

Are you sure Ryuk said he would be the one to kill Light? I think I recall him saying the only thing that he would get from accepting the death note would be fear and suffering in his life.

it's like a contract between Ryuk and Light when Light got possession of his deathnote. Ryuk told that to Light in the earlier episodes.

the ending is bad but it's the best ending around for the story.

if u watch the special 2 hr death note anime which compiles the entire light vs. l, u'll find that ther's a shinigami there who talks to ryuk who has a striking resemblance to light.

• 1 year later...

I'm glad Light lost, but L should have been the one to catch him. When they killed L off, the series crumbled. However, I'm satisfied for the most part since Light finally had death catch up to him after all he did to promote it. (I maliciously watched the ending scene again and again. L was my favorite character!)

• 1 month later...

Light was awesome. Except for not making the eye deal, he did everything right.

If he fell due to his own mistake, that woulda bin fine. But it wasn't his own. And The way he went crizazy even before he found out the book's a fake just ruined it. Now whenever I rewatch the anime I skip the last episode :P

Also, Id have preferred him falling to L.

I usually always root for the main character no matter what because it is usually them who are the most interesting. I always thought "Oh I wonder how Light's gonna get out of this one xD". When he died I was upset because of how it happened, I was expecting more and not a cliche. However I know bad guys and corrupt people need to die or see the errors of their ways and hence change for the better (eg- Samurai X). So I am both glad and upset Light died but definitely not how it happened.