Death Note Ending Satisfied? (assume there are spoilers)

TheLostFool

Were you satisfied with the ending?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Were you satisfied with the ending?

• NO! Upset Light lost, how it happened was lame.
    • Not Really. Upset Light lost, though accept how it happened.
    • Meh. Not sure but leaning to a not so much.
    • Indifferent - I don't know how to think for myself. =P
    • Meh. Not sure but leaning to I suppose.
    • Partly. Glad Light lost, but not how it happened.
    • Yes! Glad Light lost, and how it happened.

How does everyone feel about the ending?

As the title suggests there are going to be spoilers so don't bother to even read this topic if you haven't yet finished the anime and want it to be unspoiled.

Heh to tell the truth I don't quite know how to hide stuff and really with the topic saying spoilers, you've be forewarned.

Is anyone else as let down and upset about the ending??

In my opinion it was such a crap ending. I mean the series was pretty darn good if you ask me. But that ending was just so bland, so tasteless, and just so lame.

I mean even if it would have come to the same result , which in my opinion is too childish, the way it was carried out in the ending was too simple minded. It felt like there was a quota and it was just hastily put together to make sense. Which it really didn't. I mean the whole pretense of the ending was based off of X-Keria screw up by not listening to Light (Keria). COME ON that is so retarded!! First off it doesn't even make sense for one those actions don't even match up to X-Keria's character. NOT AT ALL! The reason being, X-Keria wouldn't disobey an order by Light (Keria). Seeing as Light gave his orders that X-Keria wouldn't do anything until the specified date. It just makes no sense that X-Keria would disobey that order. And as for X-Keria acting on his own previously, well that was before he had any contact with Light (Keria), so even with that it doesn't make sense that X-Keria would disobey Light and ultimately lead to Lights downfall. And as for the actual end results with Keria's plan failing, and him dying. That is just so much of a standard almost hollywood ending which states that good always beats evil.

I think if the ending went in the opposite direction it could have been a whole hell of a lot better. It just seemed the whole the book was switched was just pulled out of someone's rear end. If there was a more well founded and believable mess up that would have made it a bit better but all together it was rubbish. Thats my taste on it at least. I liked the series almost until the end now i just have a bad taste in my mouth and am severely disappointed.

I totally agree with you as I believe that Light should have predicted everything as He always did and all main characters should have died due to the counter action of their rivals.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have problems with the ending. Not because Light was killed off, but because of one major hole leading up to his death. After the Death Note in the safety deposit box is discovered, the task force sends somebody in to retrieve it. However, by this time the U.S. government has already pledged no contest to Light and has issued a world wide statement about the task force going rogue to catch him and have revoked all of their credentials. If this is the case then they would never have been able to gain access to the safety deposit box holding the Death note, since they would have needed to provide some sort of credentials able to bypass the entire court system and the need to obtain a warrant first, which would have taken too much time to begin with.

Well, there's my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
Jds, you might want to put a bit more effort into your posts, justing saying 'great show horrible ending' is not a good post, it just shows that your spamming to get your post count up. I suggest so that your posts do not get deleted and post count goes down that you put a bit more of an effort in your posts.

J-lord as much as I appreciate your concern (trust me I do) regarding my posts I do strongly recommend looking at some of my other posts (especially NGE posts) before you even suggest im here to spam...

Back to the topic I thought the show was extremely intelligent full of new concepts that so far I havent seen anywhere else... I felt deep connections to almost all the characters (everyone except arrogant Near) and that is why I was dissatisfied with the ending... I simply wanted light to win )=

(although he did mess alot with misa's life and killed hundreds of people so I suppose he deserved it...)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...