Death Note Ending Satisfied? (assume there are spoilers)

TheLostFool

Were you satisfied with the ending?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Were you satisfied with the ending?

• NO! Upset Light lost, how it happened was lame.
    • Not Really. Upset Light lost, though accept how it happened.
    • Meh. Not sure but leaning to a not so much.
    • Indifferent - I don't know how to think for myself. =P
    • Meh. Not sure but leaning to I suppose.
    • Partly. Glad Light lost, but not how it happened.
    • Yes! Glad Light lost, and how it happened.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted Light to win in the end, he's doing this for a good cause, even though he got a little carried away :)

The possibility of this Unnamed Shinigami being the reincarnation of Light is awesome, maybe they can make a new season that involves this Unnamed Shinigami (Light) seeking revenge from Near, that would be totally awesome!

I really wanted Light to win in the end, he's doing this for a good cause

What part of killing innocent people just because they get in your way of your path 'to becoming God' is a good cause?

Light's entire reasoning for using the Death Note was corrupted. He no longer did it to clean the world of criminals but instead to build the stairway to becoming a god. He killed anyone who got in his way regardless of who they were or what they had done. He even caused his own father to be killed and was happy about it.

As to who won between Light and L, I could have gone either way, but when L died the series went downhill. Personally I think the most epic part of the series was the battle and friendship between Light and L and that the conclusion to that should have been the end of it, maybe show a little of the aftermath based on who won, but the only person worthy to take down L was Light (and the way that was done sucked) and the only person worthy of taking down Light was L. L's replacements weren't half the man he was or half as interesting, and seeing Light taken down by them and how he was taken down by them kinda sucked. Light should have found a legitimate way to learn L's name to defeat him, or L find conclusive evidence proving Light to be a murderer, I couldn't accept anything less. I also liked that Light never got the eyes because it would have taken away all the suspense, intrigue, and thrill from it all.

What part of killing innocent people just because they get in your way of your path 'to becoming God' is a good cause?

Light's entire reasoning for using the Death Note was corrupted. He no longer did it to clean the world of criminals but instead to build the stairway to becoming a god. He killed anyone who got in his way regardless of who they were or what they had done. He even caused his own father to be killed and was happy about it.

Well, yeah, I guess...

But still, he must make some casualties along the way of creating the perfect world, but he he did get carried away in the end :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad he lost, because he was a son of a bitch anyway lol, and we knew he was gonna die since the first episode after Riuk tells him he will write his name in his own death note, but i think it was a little too simple the way he lost, it could've been a better ending, but it was good anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

the anime was great and all but only upto L's death......the last few episodes were a meteor crash to me. dont really care about Light's death, but could of died in a meaningful way where there wont be too much counter attack over counter attack over counter attack and SOO ON. :beat_brick:

In the beginning I was on L's side, to me L was epic and had to be the one to stop Kira (Light Yagami). But after L died, which I thought sucked due to I felt it would have been better to have the Light and L thing to the end, I started to side with Light.

Now onto the topic, seeing as I was more on Lights side I wanted Light to win and seeing as this was the first anime I had see from the villian's point of view I thought it would be cool for him to win seeing as he beat L. But sadly Light died and that was the end of that.

Still I was very satisfied with the ending sure Light didn't win but that's one of the first anime I have watched with a good ending! It was an epic way for Light to go out (in my opinion)

So I was satisfied with the ending, even when I was hoping Light would win.

I dont get how so many people like Light. He was a horrible person. He killed his own father, just to keep his identity secret, and destroyed the rest of his family, and killed so many innocent people.

I only wish he didnt loose for such a lame reason (both he and his helper wrote a Death Note to kill that person the exact same way, at exactly the same time. Lame) and it should have been L that beat him.

I personally like the ending. I even liked Light. But just shows that how too much power can get to someones head, and you WILL make mistakes.

Indeed Light was cool, but he did seem to let the power go to his head which may have cause his down fall in the end. But as stated above the reason for Lights downfall was Mikami but why? Mikami was so careful, why would he stuff up like that even when he knew he was being watched. Did the writers just want to make Light lose? Because in my opinion Mikami would not have stuffed up and Light would have won.

I also Believe that Light and L should have been the Good and Evil combatants right to the end. L was way better than Mello and Near. But regadless I was still happy with the ending as in my previous statement above.

great show... horrible ending...

Thats all i have to say...

Jds, you might want to put a bit more effort into your posts, justing saying 'great show horrible ending' is not a good post, it just shows that your spamming to get your post count up. I suggest so that your posts do not get deleted and post count goes down that you put a bit more of an effort in your posts.