Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleachzzz

The Torrents slowly dying ?, Piracy days over ?

11 posts in this topic

The Torrents slowly dying ?, Piracy days over ? After Pirate Bay now KAT is dead. Is there any alternatives ? Nerds please stop Pokemon go and get to work.

Edited by bleachzzz

Torrenting isn't going anywhere. Just dumb out in the open torrenting of hollywood stuff.

Smart people torrent with seedboxes on private trackers only.

3 people like this

Not that it's what you meant, but torrents themselves certainly aren't going anywhere either. The torrent protocol is perfectly legal and used on a wide scale by many huge tech companies.

But yeah, private trackers. 

2 people like this

The pirate bay is still up. I don't think torrents will ever die, the protocol might be expanded on to add further anonymity, but bittorent will live on.

I've just been using piratebay if I want to find something public. Torrents and great content will still live on with private trackers. I really can't recommend public trackers for anything other than trying to find something not on the private scene.

I think its just high-end movie content on the radar.  I don't think anime sites are being targeted in the least unless it happening on sites rich in movie content.  Does anyone think that our isp are stepping in some though ?  Ive had a ton of dns servers without connectivity not sure if its that or if its because i have win 10 now which is a minefield in its self for me ><  

On 7/24/2016 at 7:14 AM, Koby said:

Torrenting isn't going anywhere. Just dumb out in the open torrenting of hollywood stuff.

Smart people torrent with seedboxes on private trackers only.

Yeah its somewhat true (Looks at the one tracker I have access to)

But at some point Hollywood and Feds (Because apparently Hollywood bought the Feds) are going to start picking on the private trackers. They see those trackers (weather private or public) at threats to their $100 billion bottom line. 

It may feel like it with the downfall of The Pirate bay last year and Kickass recently.

There are still other public trackers available, right now, your best bet is on RARBG if your are looking for latest movies and tv shows.

Also, a better and superior alternative is for you to join Private Trackers, it may seem intimidating at first, but that is just over-hyping the difficulty. Actually they are easy to maintain if you follow the basic rules which are again, Easy.

I'm thinking of renting a remote server with high bandwidth and doing a remote install of ubuntu on it.  Then when my downloads are done just ftp it to my network or drop it into a trucrypt container and ftp the media like that so even if security is compromised in route as it will be with out the long password + keyfiles gl opening it to give me a dmca violation.

On 9/17/2016 at 1:15 PM, i509VCB said:

But at some point Hollywood and Feds (Because apparently Hollywood bought the Feds) are going to start picking on the private trackers. They see those trackers (weather private or public) at threats to their $100 billion bottom line. 

The biggest threats to Hollywood are Kodi boxes, and their attempts at stopping them are failing hard, as shown in this article.

Edited by Badguys

No Way! Torrents will never die. As long as the show is there, there is bound to be a torrent for it.