Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wake

RWBY

17 posts in this topic

Recently been watching this show and it has blown me away. The fighting is excellent, the dialogue is great with some really good humor throughout. Along with a pretty darn good plot that's really starting to develop over the first two volumes that have come out. Was wondering if anyone else on here has been watching this show? and if so what do you think of it?

For me I would put it so far even as high as my fourth or third favorite cartoon of all time. I know its still not finished, but in the hands of Monty Oum (the shows creater) I know I will not be disappointed. I know this almost sounds like an add or something but I'm just that enthusiastic about it with my high hopes for it to continue to get even better as more comes out, along with I know this isn't isn't as necessarily as wide spread as big animes can be of people knowing this show even exists. So if you haven't checked it out I would strongly recommend it, if you like action, with some good humor and witty dialogue, a good plot that moves forward with fair pacing and overall just some unique and badass characters. If you have some free time to do so. episodes are on places like Crunchyroll, Youtube, and the company of the show even has them for free playback on their own website at Rooster Teeth

Description...

Official_logo_for_RWBY.jpg

"The story takes place in the world of Remnant, which is filled with supernatural forces and shadowy creatures known as the "Creatures of Grimm". Prior to the events of the series, mankind waged a battle of survival against the Grimm before discovering the power of a mysterious element called Dust, which allowed them to fight back against the monsters. In the present day, Dust is used to power magical abilities and weapons. Those who use these abilities to battle the Grimm are known as Huntsmen or Huntresses. The series focuses on four girls, each with her own unique weapon and powers. Together, they form team RWBY at Beacon Academy in the city of Vale, where they are trained to become Huntresses."

Monty Oum has passed away. What this means for the future of RWBY, and any work he may have started on RvB Season 13, I'm not sure. But.... he will certainly be missed. 

1 person likes this

Couldn't have said it better myself. Not really thinking about what they plan to do this the two series at the moment, they most likely don't even know yet. My prayers go out to him and his family and all of Rooster Teeth. :too_sad:

Seems in their (Rooster Teeth's) podcast for anyone wondering, it was said that RWBY would continue and Monty and the other writers for the show had already before his passing had several seasons farther planned out. So not sure if they will continue it after that, but at least for now the show will live on.

Will be nice to see, and yet sad all at the same time.

RWBY Volume 3 is coming later this month on the 24th. And here's the opening for this time around: 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18lGsn4TCaQ

One year later after Monty's passing, and another volume has come and gone. It got darker towards the end, that's for sure. Can't wait for future volumes and to see what happens next.

Season 4 starts today? 

Edited by Jinjoni
spelling /facepalm

Yes, season 4 will be out today if you're an RT subscriber. Not sure on the release time for free users/YouTube.

So here's the intro for Season 4. 

Now from what I understand, if you're an RT Sponsor, you get to see the new episodes on Saturday, and if you're a First member on their site, the Sunday after. The episode goes on Youtube the next Friday/Saturday. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Just started this and I love it, thinking about getting the video game as well

So Volume 4 concluded about a week ago, and it's been confirmed we're getting Volume 5 later this year. Yay for more RWBY. And yet people still say it's a mediocre show, especially with Monty's passing and the downhill quality of things since Volume 3. Dunno what the hell people were expecting.

Yeah, I wasn't feeling it at all this season. I really didn't get all too invested in all these sudden blasts from the past (we viewers never really knew of). The theme is nostalgia and (dead) parents. wohoo.

RIP Monty I hope they keep up the quality