The manga has concluded, yet we're still getting fillers in the anime just to prolong the show. -_-

We got 427-428 this week and they're all just the 'Infinite Dream World' fillers.

This could go on for a while if they plan to dedicate an episode per character this way...

I'm just ready for it to conclude, but I guess they're wanting to buy enough time for the Boruto movie to release on BD before ending the tv series or something. We've only got ~25 episodes worth of canon to go and that's including the 'part 3 ten chapter epilogue'.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's such a shame that filler has been allowed to dominate Naruto really, it may well have been one of my favourite Anime series if it had less of it. I'm actually someone who likes filler, but when nearly half of the show is filler, it becomes a bit too much. 

I can just about handle 220 episodes of the first Naruto series, but Shippuden is just way too much. We are nearly at 500 episodes now, i just don't think i have the patience to sit down and watch nearly 700 episodes and a bunch of OVA's and Movies of Naruto, it's gone past over kill now.

1 hour ago, MephilesTheDark said:

It's such a shame that filler has been allowed to dominate Naruto really, it may well have been one of my favourite Anime series if it had less of it. I'm actually someone who likes filler, but when nearly half of the show is filler, it becomes a bit too much. 

I can just about handle 220 episodes of the first Naruto series, but Shippuden is just way too much. We are nearly at 500 episodes now, i just don't think i have the patience to sit down and watch nearly 700 episodes and a bunch of OVA's and Movies of Naruto, it's gone past over kill now.

Well that's why you completely skip filler that has nothing to do with the progression of the story. Like now I don't mind the filler we have (Kaguya, Hamura, Hagoromo back story). It developed the story even further. But that Infinite Tsukuyomi filler thing they had for 40 something episodes was a huge waste of time.

Other than the terrible filler I really enjoy Naruto/Shippuden. I know it gets a lot of hate from a lot of people but I enjoy it so that's all that matters.

Also Hinata, always best gril.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sooooo ready for them to let this end. We've only got like 6 episodes of canon material left to adapt, but they'll probably drag it out with more fillers thrown in so that this show goes on until Spring 2017 to give time to pick right up with the Boruto anime. After all, the last like 40 episodes only adapted like 16 chapters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koby said:

Sooooo ready for them to let this end. We've only got like 6 episodes of canon material left to adapt, but they'll probably drag it out with more fillers thrown in so that this show goes on until Spring 2017 to give time to pick right up with the Boruto anime. After all, the last like 40 episodes only adapted like 16 chapters.

Haven't kept up with Naruto filler-related episodes for a long time and I don't regret it one bit. Started re-watdhing the show after it got back to canon source material, although it's short lived like you stated. I think that they will be milking the franchise a whole lot more in the upcoming months due to the fact that filler Naruto is a really huge profit for them. Also, since the Naruto Epilogue Novels were announced to have an anime adaptation, I can also assume that canon will be even more limited until a timeline is suitable to go to the Boruto anime. So basically, I totally agree with you on this one Koby.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Seems they're gonna give us a bunch of 'shipping' filler episodes before animating the final pages of the final chapter. We're also suppose to be getting the side-story/epilogue mangas in animated form later this season or next as well, which I guess is their way of keeping the anime going for a while until Boruto has enough material perhaps to start up an anime series on it.

• Like 1