Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

D.Knight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, normalsomeplace said:

I have put the show on hold , it's going nowhere .

I don't want to hear this! I'm still making my way through Shippuden without fillers so that I can catch up on Boruto and know what the fuck is going on. Only to hear that this early in the game things aren't progressing :( 

On 8/17/2017 at 3:01 PM, normalsomeplace said:

I have put the show on hold , it's going nowhere .

Same here. Have watched until episode 15; currently put on hold. Will wait until adaptation of 'The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring' gets complete.

Edited by dragonamar

On 18/8/2017 at 4:20 AM, Pizza Cat said:

I don't want to hear this! I'm still making my way through Shippuden without fillers so that I can catch up on Boruto and know what the fuck is going on. Only to hear that this early in the game things aren't progressing :( 

Its not that bad it's like Naruto (Not Shippuden). Its quite slow paced and everything is stretched out. Its better to give it a go after shippuden , hopefully the pace picks up within that time.

On 8/25/2017 at 5:06 PM, normalsomeplace said:

I do not follow the manga , but from what i heard it is a completely different staff from the manga with its own story.

The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring is different or should I say separately released manga volume which they have incorporated in Boruto anime.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, tomnook123 said:

Maybe but it's a continuation of a good series so it should at least be passable.

That's what i meant when i said high expectation. I completely agree though. Most of us who grew up watching Naruto will always compare Boruto with it especially to the original Naruto series.

• 1 month later...

Boruto doesn't have "filler" in the same sense that Naruto did because Boruto the anime is it's own thing rather than an adaption of the manga. Similar to how Dragon Ball Super the anime is being handled. In this regard the manga and the anime are their own separate entities and neither is truly an adaptation of the other. As a result the anime-exclusive arcs in Boruto are classified as canon to the Boruto timeline, even if they can for the most part be ignored from the larger scope of the series. So far, very little of the anime's content has been featured in the manga as episodes 1-18 and 25-32 have been anime-only. Despite being canon though, these anime-original episodes really do feel like little more than filler in my opinion as we're showcased to the day-to-day life of school kids trying to get by in a world of deadbeat parents where ninja's really are no longer needed and thus everyone has just kind of let themselves go. We see that both Naruto and Sasuke have severely been weakened from their lack of utilizing ninjutsu, in that it took Sasuke a while to be able to active his visual prowess against Shin Uchiha.

If you're expecting something like the original Naruto just because it's a new generation of characters, you'll be sorely disappointed as the fights here thus far have been severely lacking and very far inbetween. The few fights we've gotten thus far have pretty much been over as soon as they began and none of the next-gen seems to have any original abilities as they all just utilize the same jutsu their parents did.

• Like 2