All the things you've mentioned are the things that were bothering me too, haha. Those two were giving me so much trouble I eventually just gave up. I appreciate your advice, EO!

ON TO THE NEXT.

sotw91.png

Does whatever a spider can~

qTQ4H.jpgfHIBA.jpg

Paddy wanted a signature that felt like a comic book; I tried.

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 2

Well you've definitely got a good eye for colour and composition. :) Your animated sigs are awesome, but I think I prefer some of your recent non-animated ones.

I'm not too keen on yer Spider-Man one, mind! :( I think you need a better quality image of Spider-Man because the edges on that one are very grainy. Maybe use one like THIS? That's just an example, but you can find many more just by doing a search on Google Images for 'High quality Spider-Man renders'.

And, needless to say, but I really like the Deadpool set! :D

• 1 month later...

Updated second signature collage on the first post.

Latest signatures:

QRIzn.jpg

(Theme: Final Fantasy X)

pB8hm.jpg

(Theme: LittleBigPlanet)

p2QDT.jpg

(Theme: Assassin's Creed)

No sparkles this time, haha. I tried a lot of different techniques for this one; it would be great if you guys could tell me if they worked or not, what I could do differently, etc., on this one especially. Other comments and criticisms are welcome too, of course.

Edited by poetictragedy

• 4 weeks later...

QRIzn.jpg

This one is pretty cool. Love the colours.

Thor one is good. I really like the lightening coming towards him. It gives off a cool feeling :P

You know, you should try some more things in it, it's kind of plain.......I'm not saying it's not good. They are pretty good but I'm just saying try adding C4Ds etc etc to make it more i don't know unplain?

KIU, PT!

You know, you should try some more things in it, it's kind of plain.......I'm not saying it's not good. They are pretty good but I'm just saying try adding C4Ds etc etc to make it more i don't know unplain?

I've tried so many times to use C4Ds, but I just don't understand them.

Oh yea, I get what you mean. It's pretty difficult to use C4Ds. I'm also not good with them but if you actually use it to your advantage they make your sigs look so awesome! I've tried some of mine went pretty good. So yea, maybe use 'em till you start understanding them? xD

I think I've got some tuts on C4Ds let me check and I'll pm you.

• 1 month later...

And here's an update. It seems like I've done more since December...

jnlBIuf.jpg

(Theme: Mortal Kombat)

Blk1PVD.jpg

(Theme: Romance)

3Uye8l0.jpg

(Theme: Starts with letters A through I)

nyOD8IN.png

I know there's not really much to this one, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway. You can critique my colors and composition I guess, haha.

Edited by poetictragedy

• 1 month later...

UPDATE! Between my laptop breaking and being insanely busy, it's been a while since I've been able to update!

Z8O1SyJ.jpg

This was going to be my entry for the Headphones SOTW, but I decided it didn't really fit the theme. Also, I think this kind of remained a WIP, and wasn't actually finished.

LTD6IGB.jpg

Kingdom Hearts SOTW entry.

4YLF8SU.png

BOTM entry. I followed a tutorial to make both this banner, and my KH signature, but I don't think it worked as well the second time. :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made a thing.

[Version 1] See version 2 below.

I wanted a new signature, and was inspired by something I saw here on the forum. I was going for a simple and clean look. Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight~ I've never done this style before, but I'm pretty happy with it.

EDIT: Okay, I wasn't happy with the text, and I realized I forgot to add adjustment layers. Here's version two.

aIz2DVd.jpg

I also wanted to learn how to do the blinking eye thing. So I was playing around with an avatar.

tXYE8UC.gif

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 1

YOU MUST TELL ME YOUR SECRETS!

Also, good job on all your works. The version 1 -> Version 2 is a huge improvement. From the text to the overall colour scheme, great job!

I can totally make a tutorial on it. Maybe I'll do that for the next newsletter even. :3 Thanks! The adjustment layers I add tend to do that, haha. They just kind of polish it up. I was in a little bit of a hurry the first time and forgot, whoops.

I think this signature would make for a great banner, lol.

Whoo boy. I'll see if I can transform it into a banner. I dunno if I can replicate it, haha.

I also wanted to learn how to do the blinking eye thing. So I was playing around with an avatar.

tXYE8UC.gif

The animation is way to slow for 3 frames. There are two solutions.

1: Increase frames

2: Decrease timer

Ive chosen the secound way for this example and also reduced the total frames to 4:

photo2279.gifphoto2279.pngphoto2279b.png photo2279c.pngphoto2279b.png

3sec, 0.04sec, 0.04sec, 0.04sec equals a much more fluid animation.

You could also add another frame (or two) if you want a slower and also fluid animation...

Like this:

photo22792.gifphoto2279d.png

Ive just included an additional frame...

Thats just something i care about if i make a gif, a fluid animation.

Hmm. I like a lot of these, but this the cnc I can give:

Work on blending. Using the dodge and burn tools are an excellent way to get the render to blend into the background more.

Lighting. On a new layer. use a soft brush at 300px (white color), touch the edge of the brush to the edge of the canvas, and click once or twice, set this to linear dodge, and play with the opacity.

I'm assuming you use Photoshop.