oooh, looks good. I like the way you make it all mold together. Also has a rustic look to it.

Rustic seems to be my niche this month, haha. Here's another SOTW entry.

sotw84.jpg

Then my BOTM entry. BANNERS ARE SO HARD, RAWR.

botmaugust2012transpare.png

Annnnd last, but not least... a signature/avatar set I made for practice. I thought about using it, but I'm too attached to Neal Caffrey now. Features Garry from the game Ib.

garry.jpggarryavatar.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My most recent SOTW entries:

3l9hO.jpg

o3zFa.jpg

z9LAc.jpg

And another project I was working on while I was very bored tonight. I colorized a black and white picture. (In case anyone was wondering, it's Richard Madden, whom you may recognize as Robb Stark from the Game of Thrones TV series. I just needed a picture to practice on, haha.)

Original

Colored by me

Edited by poetictragedy

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my latest things!

EoOHt.jpg

MIblm.jpgBaERd.jpg4Cyoq.jpg

qCFRl.jpgf613r.jpg

Plus, I tried my hand at a couple of animated signatures. Eh, there's something about these that I'm not entirely happy with, but it was fun to try, haha.

And yes, they're Steam Powered Giraffe. And 1080p music videos make pretty gifs. *u*

sFSiy.gif

VZBgQ.gif

Edited by poetictragedy

I've added a couple new collages to the main post. One contains old signatures that I didn't include the first time around, along with new ones I've made since then; the other is my favorite banners I've done. I've also added a section for my animated signatures, which I'll most likely add to in the future, because they're fun to make.

Comments and critiques are always appreciated!

Beautiful as always Poe! I keep having to look back here time to time to see your newest works and to see some effects I could apply to my work to make it as great as yours. :)

Aww, thanks so much! I'm really very flattered.

I made this tonight out of boredom. I might use it as my signature if/when I get tired of my current one. And, of course, a matching avatar (which I'm going to use right now because I love this character.)

LwHOh.jpgQ3DfN.jpg

(The original artwork is not mine, and belongs to Bunny Bennett.)

Edited by poetictragedy

For the first signature, I think the size is contributing to the feeling of emptiness, particularly in the upper left half of the image, where the only thing really breaking up the background is a couple of swords and the top half of the brunet's head. In your other signatures, the spaces are filled comfortably, even if there are larger bits that are empty, like in the fox signature above and in this one. In this particular signature, though, the spacing is a little awkward. It looks better flipped horizontally since the empty space is less glaring, but then it looks like the flow of action is backwards. Maybe a more prominent background would have been a better fit, to break up the emptiness in the corner.

For the second one, everything to the right of the girl is too faded for me--to the point where it almost looks empty. It reminds me of those hipster blogs on Tumblr where everything is pastel and the entries are transparent so everything just kind of blends together into a pastel morass, haha. I think it might look better if the wings (are they wings??) and text were a bit more prominent, so they aren't just fading away. I don't know if spacing is an issue in this one (such things are beyond me), but I feel like the girl might be too close to the left edge. I'm not sure.

I don't really have anything to say about the colours because I don't understand them, but they look fine to me!