Yeah, I don't mind taking requests! Though I don't see the need for a request thread, when PMs work fine for me. So if anybody ever wants something, please PM me! Though please keep in mind that I do work full-time and do other things outside of the internet, so it won't be instantaneous, haha.

It really all comes down to practice and finding out what works best for you. I think I started doing graphics when I joined this forum, so that's going on 4 years ago this month, haha.

• 3 weeks later...

you're probably my second fave on the site :3

albeit u hurtfully brushed off my request T^T

if you want a gif to a certain extent,you could always ask koby to increase the size limit

i know it was 40kb before someone asked him to change it to 50kb

Who's your favorite? >_> (just kidding~)

I'm sorry! I don't remember seeing a request from you...

Well, it would have to be like upped to like 300kb, which is quite a leap, haha.

Edited by poetictragedy

All graphic work can now be viewed at my Flickr gallery!
As always, constructive criticism is welcomed.
If you wish to make a request, please send a PM; I do not have a request thread.

I thought I'd try something new! I hate updating this thread, so I'm trying a (hopefully) easier format. I'm still working on adding the animated signatures and avatars, but everything else from the beginning of time should be up!

Only Flickr users can comment directly on the images, but if you want to give some CnC, feel free to keep posting here. I'll post when I update the gallery anyway. Edited by poetictragedy

Well, it was nice to go back and look through your old SOTW sigs, I remember a decent portion of them. Anyways, its too bad that your animated avatar didn't work out, but it still looks nice!

Also if you wanted it to fit in, you could consider making it a 100x100? Might decrease its size a little bit.

And lastly, I am interested in sending you a request. Should I give you specific renders to work with, or do you prefer to just get a character and then find your own?

Also if you wanted it to fit in, you could consider making it a 100x100? Might decrease its size a little bit.

And lastly, I am interested in sending you a request. Should I give you specific renders to work with, or do you prefer to just get a character and then find your own?

I had thought about doing making it 100x100, but I didn't really want to do that.

I think I prefer specific renders, but either way is okay.

SOTW 143 by poetictragedyx, on Flickr

I'm not super happy with this signature.

Pikachu by poetictragedyx, on Flickr

EDIT: I also just discovered that transparency and animated gifs aren't supported on Flickr, so that's annoying.

Your new avatar is too cute, makes me want to pinch her cheeks.

As for that, I would recommend Photobucket if you want transparency and gifs. Plus I believe it has a better uploading system.

And I'll give my CnC for your sig inside the SOTW, but looks good.

Edited by lemmingllama

And I thought Flickr was working so well... I guess I'll give Photobucket a shot instead, bluh.

EDIT: Now I remember why I didn't want to use Photobucket. It's so complicated. I guess I'll just stick with this for now. I can upload and post animated and transparent stuff separately, if I need to.

Edited by poetictragedy

• 1 month later...

14570145145_227b4e9863_o.png

I had been looking back on some of my older signatures for inspiration and came across one with similar text. I'm not sure I like it as much this time around.

SOTW 149 by poetictragedyx, on Flickr

14383460560_eaf2522ef5_o.png

I think I overdid the brightness a little on this one, whoops.

SOTW 150 by poetictragedyx, on Flickr

14383529778_d0494e115c_o.png

This one seems simple, but it was actually a big pain. Stupid water.

Rin is slowly becoming my favorite Free! character~ Especially because he wasn't nearly as much of a jerk in episode 1 of Eternal Summer.

Rin Matsuoka by poetictragedyx, on Flickr

It looks like Flickr supports transparency now? Kind of? As always, CnC is appreciated!

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 1

I've been meaning to post here for a while, but work has been stopping me. U_U I went through your previous works and, oh my god I love them so much.

This for example, is so perfect.

c7hJPT7.gif

One thing I've noticed is that you rarely go too dark or too bright in your works, and have a really good balance with colours.

I don't have much eyes for c&c, but one thing I did notice was on this particular signature - the background is green and black, and when you get past the render it suddenly becomes green and green. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but I found the sudden change a bit strange.

14383460560_eaf2522ef5_o.png

But really, I love your works! Haha, keep it up~ I want to see more. :3