Scary or Horror Anime Recommendations?

Elfen Lied

Higurashi (When they Cry)

Umm Gantz

Berserk (i think that is now an anime, forgive me if i am wrong)

Black butler (but that is kinda weird...)

Hellsing and Hellsing ultimate

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo...

And that is all i can think of right now

*Edit*

And Gyo by Itou Junji is being made into an anime soon. looking forward to that. I found it more... gross then scary though.

although there aren't any horror anime out there when they cry has a bit of slaughter , supernatural the anime has "supernatural stuff", ghost hound has a "ghost" theme and yah don't forget chaos head you will be so horrified and wondering when it will end ...

I googled "Horror anime" and found a list of the so called top ten horror anime's. Here's the list in order.

1. Hellsing

2. Gantz

3. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

4. Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade

5. Perfect Blue

6. Boogiepop Phantom

7. Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek

8. Vampire Princess Miyu

9. Trinity Blood

10. Mermaid Forest

Personally, I don't think whoever wrote this list knows what they're talking about, but because I haven't watched any horror anime... Here's the link. http://www.needcoffee.com/2007/11/25/top-ten-horror-anime/

• 3 weeks later...

I've never found horror in general to be that scary, in anime the only thing that ever even slightly scared me was the first arc of Higurashi. The only others that vaguely piqued my radar were the first few episodes of Serial Experiments Lain and a few parts in Elfen Lied. If you're scared by sheer amounts of gore with creepily terrible writing and dubbing, look into Genocyber. For much better writing with still tons of gore, check out Hellsing Ultimate.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok now here is a quick list

• Elfen Lied
  • Higurashi when they cry (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni) Ni - is season one. Kai - is season two. Make sure you watch the right one first because in english they are both named Higurashi when they cry. Also the first season is dubbed and subbed, unlike season two.
  • Mirai Nikki
  • Paranoia Agent