Is It So Wrong? And Who Thinks This Way?

AxelVIII

Is it wrong for a straight Male to enjoy watching such Anime such as Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew (Mew Mew Power in English) and the like? I ask because I am made fun of for this all the time, and I want to know who thinks this is wrong to be treated for liking such things/or who thinks that being a straight Male should keep me away from Shojo Anime and Manga.

I enjoy animes like that and I believe that there is nothing wrong with them. As previously stated, they are basically the animes we grew up watching and for a young adult such as myself to still enjoy them, I believe it is not werid at all. Every person has different things they like and hate and others should not make fun of those who have different likes that they believe are not normal.

The real question you have to ask yourself these days is whats normal!?

I watched Hetalia and it was funny. But more because of the Historical references it makes.

@Dude888

I think Lucky star was more geared to the male audience then female. Hetalia is the opposite of that, so is Black Butler. There is much less shows that are made to appeal to females but when they are done right they become a huge success since they are few and far in between.

@J-Lord144, Yuri, and lemmingllama. I have enjoyed your comments, and I now feel better about the insults I endure for watching the certain Anime I enjoy. Because of you guys and your helping words, I now know that I shall never give up the Anime genres I enjoy. So for your help, and encouragement, I thank you.

I like most kinds of anime, including those. So yeah, no need to worry bout it :) If you get critisised you should feel good for being a better anime fan than them :P In fact, you should pity them.

[The only for-girls anime I cant stand is Angelic Layer (though I watched through the whole thing anyway)]

No problem at all mate. I've watched stuff like K-ON!, Vampire Knight, Hatsukoi Limited, Lovely Complex, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama! and Lucky Star. I can say with no hesitation at all that I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. On the other hand some of my favourite anime include KissXSis, Sekirei, Rosario + Vampire, High School Of The Dead, Onegai Sensei and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. What type of anime you watch doesn't define who you are. :) Just watch what you enjoy watching. :D

Well every ones like difff stuff, nothing so wrong with it I watch it like some of the stuff you watch not see all of the titles you were talking about, I try and see the show that have the voice stars I like in them give them a try and if I find them not to my tasts I stop watching them, after all watching what we like is all we can do, helps us all kill some time.

Watch the shows you enjoy. You have nothing to be ashamed about. I've enjoyed a bunch of supposedly "girly" shows (Lovely Complex is one of my favorites). Tell anyone who teases you that you're secure in your sexuality and maybe they should look at themselves for compensating for something with bullying.

• 1 month later...