union monsters

shyguysteve

Okay, I like Union Monster cards they are real useful if you can come up with a strategy. But I would get into to arguments with people about one un-left detail.

With some union monsters they increase the ATK/DEF of its host and protects them from destruction. While other union monsters just protect their hosts from destruction.

So I was even confused about the damage calculation if there was going to be one, since the union monsters protect their hosts does that mean damage calculations are applied normally or does the union monster just block the attack and is destroyed itself? or does damage still go into effect and is the difference between the attacking monster and the host monster? or between the attacking monster and union monster?

I searched union monster rulings but since no one mentioned my predicament I went on thinking that the attack was negated which meant no battle damage and my union monster is destroyed. similar to tributeing it to stop the attack.

SIDE NOTE: In the past when I would duel at small tournaments, I use to be able to get away with using union monsters to boost my LP's, by using the continues spell card "Morale Boost" I could treat my Union Monsters as an equip spell card and I gained 1,000 LF's each time I used a Union monsters effect and I wouldn't lose any LP's because I would later un-equip them from the host monster to which they are no longer treated as equip spells. xD

That is good to know.

Union cards are becoming my favorites. I'm working on a deck to support the Union cards I have so far. Big issue is Union cards aren't the most popular and the list of them is like 'one of' the shortest ones for a monster type.

But like the XYZ cards that were released they can easily take control of the direction in a duel. with fast summonings and alternative fusions.