Thoughts on Final Fantasy XIII

any of various games that can be played by using an electronic control to move points of light or graphical symbols on the screen of a visual display unit
Sure it was classified and sold as a video game, but when the vast majority of it requires no input or thought from the user, well that is something that shouldn't be classified as such. You feel like you're meant to do nothing more than watch Final Fantasy XIII and honestly the story is rather cliche and boring.

Also I laughed at your post when you said how badly you sucked at this game movie. Seems you had a the hardest time I've ever heard of for FFXIII which was easily classified by those who have played it completely as the easiest and most brainless entry in the franchise.

You shouldn't have to get more than 5 hours into a game, to be able to find out how it'll be. No one's going to sit through 20+ hours of crap to get to the so called 10 hours of actual gameplay if it does actually exist. Any other RPG, or even all other FF's are set and you'll be ready to finally play the game fully within a couple of hours. Like FF10 for example, within a couple of hours you get to Besaid get your party and have full access to the Sphere Grid and everything.

It was deemed a failure by the vast majority of gamers. The highest rating it received from the top 5 respected review sites gave FF13 a mere 3.8 out of 10.

*topic split/merged/edited*

*edited post* honey and I have taken to pm and trying to straighten this out.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im on 100hrs atm and still got mega to do, vast majority of Cieth stone missions and getting all equipment is gonna be a bitch :P

The game itself was very dumbed down, auto battle made this retarded. Sure the graphics were amazing, story was O-K at best. Way too linear. It's one of those games where if you go into playing it not expecting too much it'll be awesome. If like me and played all other FF's and played this over hyped 'movie' you'll be dissapointed.

That being said ... i have played 100 hours so at some stage i must have enjoyed it slightly haha

I ended up finishing the story in 89HRs. and actually beating the final boss with not too much of a challenge in 118HRs. wasnt all that short for me. >.>

The final boss was a massive let-down after all the build-up. Barthandulas fight 3 was normal, Barthandulus + Orphan Hybrid was a pain, while Orphan alone was so week, I beat it under a minute! (which did net me a nice gold trophy, but thats not the point) It was without a doubt the most hollow victory ever >.>

The final boss was a massive let-down after all the build-up. Barthandulas fight 3 was normal, Barthandulus + Orphan Hybrid was a pain, while Orphan alone was so week, I beat it under a minute! (which did net me a nice gold trophy, but thats not the point) It was without a doubt the most hollow victory ever >.>

Why is it all the final bosses of late have been letdowns?

The final boss of 12 was so easy I wasn't even in the room when he got beat since in 12 the characters also were setup to fight without having to command them. Even in FF10 the final boss was pathetic. He casts auto-full-heal on you so you can't even die as you get revived and his attacks were already pathetic as it was.

Why is it all the final bosses of late have been letdowns?

The final boss of 12 was so easy I wasn't even in the room when he got beat since in 12 the characters also were setup to fight without having to command them. Even in FF10 the final boss was pathetic. He casts auto-full-heal on you so you can't even die as you get revived and his attacks were already pathetic as it was.

Things may have gotten easier on the PS3 but Square's doing everything to make sure PSP users don't have it so easy.

For example, the final boss in Dissidia - Chaos is somewhat of a pushover when you beat the initial game since then he's only at Level 65 and we can reach all the way to 100. Hell, on 012, I beat him at Lv 40 with equipment I'd just picked up along the way.

But ...

The game ends, the screen flashes and a new scenario mode is unlocked - Inward Chaos, which you must beat to find out exactly what happened in the world of Dissidia. Up for the challange? Think you can breeze past it? Wrong.

First Dungeon - First Floor : The weakest enemy has the same strength as Lv 65 Chaos.

Final Dungeon - Final Floor : After fighting countless Uber-God pawns and arriving at the end, you expect Chaos to be the same wuss he was when you first met him, right? I mean, how strong could the guy have gotten?

Try Infinity.

Seriously, if you EVER manage to beat this guy, even with the highest equipment and max levels, you're an Ultra-Gamer 'cause Inward Chaos doesn't wait for anybody.

The bell rings, the round begins, and in 5 seconds, you're wondering what kind of freighter ran the hell over you.

Lost? Don't worry. Thanks to the Save Game feature, you can fight this guy over and over and over and keep getting beaten senseless again and again and again until one time, you Block, Evade, Attack at the precise right moments with no margin for error and manage to take him down.

Yes! You won, right?

Wrong.

You have to beat this guy THREE TIMES IN A ROW to actually end the scenario. So, now that you're armed with this knowledge, happy training/hunting.

Omg, yea.. I was like.. wtfh SE?! The only one I had trouble with was, The second form.. he could kill me in 1 hit for some odd reason.. >.> Hence why I went back and farmed CP for a while and did a few Cithe Missions. Those missons are quite amusing, besides the stone being on the other side of the bloody map, and the target is utterly on the opposite side of the map.. >.>

• 2 months later...

Wow you guys make it sounds like fighting the final boss for FF13 was soo easy... tbh i don't know what you guys are playing but that death/one hit move that the final boss does always get me until i started looking up what to do to avoid it. Now ive beaten FF1/2/4/7/9/10/10-2/12 and they were all by far easier that FF13.

Altho i have to say all the other bosses was very easy in FF13 and how the hell did Koby's friend beat FF13 so easily when lvling takes for ever! esp. without the golden egg for xp+. All i got to say is i can't believe some1 beat the final boss w/ just 20hrs or less of lvling... and getting the gears + upgrade... I feel like im not as good at gaming... and i know i am!

I still think that's bs. No one can possibly beat that game in 20 hours. His friend was lying. I was able to beat it in roughly 65 hours. The bosses in the middle are just too hard to beat without training. Especially the second Barthandulus. It was waaaaaay harder than all of the other bosses in the game. Which is odd. The hardest boss should not be in chapter 11/13... lolz.

I still think that's bs. No one can possibly beat that game in 20 hours. His friend was lying. I was able to beat it in roughly 65 hours. The bosses in the middle are just too hard to beat without training. Especially the second Barthandulus. It was waaaaaay harder than all of the other bosses in the game. Which is odd. The hardest boss should not be in chapter 11/13... lolz.

I don't really appreciate my friends honesty being put on a platter. Just so you know that's why a major review site had a video review where they also claim they beat the gamemovie in under 20 hours. As for the Bosses be hard? You gotta be kidding. It's not a game, it plays itself, therefore it's a movie. Nothing hard or complicated about that. Every battle I have personally played in the game the 'auto-battle' command was all that was needed. I've actually heard people beating the game with no excessive grinding and only ever using auto-battle as command. Yes, clearly it's that easy. I have to question the persons gaming ability that can honestly say anything in this movie called FF13 could even remotely be called hard. Also judging by what you said I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never even played past titles in the FF series because if you had you'd know the hardest boss is rarely the last. In fact often the last is a walk in the park. FF10, FFX2, and FF12 for example all had extremely easy final bosses compared to bosses that came before them. Heck in FF10, the final boss casts a spell that auto-fully-heals you're entire party and revives them automatically if they die on top of rarely attacking. I bet you couldn't lose that fight even if you intended to.

ima see if i can find a video on youtube or on the net with someone beating the last boss and not having the right stats and just pure skills( which some might say don't need for FF13).

ugh i give... i can't find a video with someone showing their stats/gears before the battle.

ima see if i can find a video on youtube or on the net with someone beating the last boss and not having the right stats and just pure skills( which some might say don't need for FF13).

ugh i give... i can't find a video with someone showing their stats/gears before the battle.

How long did it take you to beat it? I gave up on it as it was a total pain trying to force myself to 'play' something that I couldn't get any sort of enjoyment from. Didn't like the battle system since it was pretty non-existent, hated the biggest portion of the characters, thought the story was really flat and mediocre, and couldn't do nothing hours on end aside from run through narrow pathways avoiding monsters or hitting x for auto-battle with cutscenes coming at the end of every small path, sometimes in the middle of said path as well.

My Quickest Times on FF Games:

FF4 - longest game so far at about 50 hours if I remember correctly.

FF8 - on last disc in like 25 hours if I remember correctly.

FF9 - about 30 hours (my cousin beat this in 14 hours, I saw it happen personally)

FFX - a little over 15 hours

FFX-2 - 22 hours first go around.

FFXII - about 40 hours, though about 10 of them was wasted running around for no reason.

How long did it take you to beat it? I gave up on it as it was a total pain trying to force myself to 'play' something that I couldn't get any sort of enjoyment from. Didn't like the battle system since it was pretty non-existent, hated the biggest portion of the characters, thought the story was really flat and mediocre, and couldn't do nothing hours on end aside from run through narrow pathways avoiding monsters or hitting x for auto-battle with cutscenes coming at the end of every small path, sometimes in the middle of said path as well.

My Quickest Times on FF Games:

FF4 - longest game so far at about 50 hours if I remember correctly.

FF8 - on last disc in like 25 hours if I remember correctly.

FF9 - about 30 hours (my cousin beat this in 14 hours, I saw it happen personally)

FFX - a little over 15 hours

FFX-2 - 22 hours first go around.

FFXII - about 40 hours, though about 10 of them was wasted running around for no reason.

hmmm well i usually take things slow so if i remember i think around 60-70hrs, and that is when i beat the final boss. But beating all the missions and getting my ultimate weapon took me to 100hrs. But i never try to beat anything fast because how i play games is.... Get everything and beat everything = Finish game.

Damn you finish those pretty fast xD.

Edit:

Duh! read the question wrong lol but beating the boss was pretty decent, wasnt long and wasnt short. Can't remember really.

ive almost finished it and its taken a long time but only because i got bored and stopped playing for long periods of time. The battle system is a lot easier than previous games everything was pretty much done for you. i definately don't like it as much a the others but its not all bad. the graphics are good and... well actually thats the only good thing i can really say about it. basically it was kind of a waste of time.

ive almost finished it and its taken a long time but only because i got bored and stopped playing for long periods of time. The battle system is a lot easier than previous games everything was pretty much done for you. i definately don't like it as much a the others but its not all bad. the graphics are good and... well actually thats the only good thing i can really say about it. basically it was kind of a waste of time.

Yea i know everyone say "the battle system does everything for you" but they also let you manually control the attacks/spell you want. You don't have to let it do it for you, having that auto battle just for lazy people~

(Because i don't normally use it, especially toward the end of the game, TBH its stupid to let it auto battle for you when doing hard mission because that would kill you.)

in normal missions, the auto option is usually what i would have manually done anyway, i always pay attention to what im doing. with bosses and other difficult missions, you can defeat it easily by using auto and just changing the attacks and spells when you need to (which is rarely). its not lazy, its how the game is made. you can do it the long way if you want, but its still the same

• 3 months later...