Thoughts on Final Fantasy XIII

I've looked at some of the vids for that vercin thingo, so I know its bad.. but...

I really just hate fighting the ones that were designed as rigged.

Gigantuar and its 10k hit with debuff, the neochu AoE debuff with follow up AoE heavy damage... they are just BS.

Still, I havent attempted them in a long time at this point, and I have now maxed the 3 mains on each character, just been turtle farming in eden... death spam of course.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear now there are like 100,000 lawsuits against Sony and Square Enix because FFXIII causes the PS3 to crash and fry and both companies just want to give the customers a run around saying its the other companies fault. This news is plastered all over every site dedicated to the Final Fantasy series that is still being actively updated.

So if you got the game, beware on top of it being the shittiest/worst FF ever and the easiest (called FF for idiots).. it also can lead to destroying your PS3 if you play it.

I hear now there are like 100,000 lawsuits against Sony and Square Enix because FFXIII causes the PS3 to crash and fry and both companies just want to give the customers a run around saying its the other companies fault. This news is plastered all over every site dedicated to the Final Fantasy series that is still being actively updated.

So if you got the game, beware on top of it being the shittiest/worst FF ever and the easiest (called FF for idiots).. it also can lead to destroying your PS3 if you play it.

Wow, at first I though you were pulling my leg with that one Koby, but having read the report and lawsuit, (click here if you fancy a look), You've got me wondering whether FF Xiii was the cause of my 40gb PS3's harddrive suddenly busting a last week, despite not having any problems before hand...

• 1 month later...
Wow, at first I though you were pulling my leg with that one Koby, but having read the report and lawsuit, (click here if you fancy a look), You've got me wondering whether FF Xiii was the cause of my 40gb PS3's harddrive suddenly busting a last week, despite not having any problems before hand...

I currently have a pre-owned PS3 40GB that I got for Christmas, but Final Fantasy XIII didn't break mine or anything. It is still working the same way as when I got it. It is either only a select number of 40GB consoles that were affected, or it isn't actually the fault of the game at all, and it instead lies with the user.

finished it 2 weeks after the release took me quite a lot of effort to get the ultima weapons for all of them and a very patient gnawing effort to gain points for their attributes but finished the story with the side quests with one fail swoop but i gotta hand it to the creators that game was kinda...well average i guess...but still i think FF7 and FF8 are better not with the graphics and other aspects but it's the shock and awe of the characters the makes gamers fall in love with the final fantasy series and FF13 just didn't quite had the awe that i was looking for in a game...

finished it 2 weeks after the release took me quite a lot of effort to get the ultima weapons for all of them and a very patient gnawing effort to gain points for their attributes but finished the story with the side quests with one fail swoop but i gotta hand it to the creators that game was kinda...well average i guess...but still i think FF7 and FF8 are better not with the graphics and other aspects but it's the shock and awe of the characters the makes gamers fall in love with the final fantasy series and FF13 just didn't quite had the awe that i was looking for in a game...

I think I know what you mean, having borrowed a few old FF games to play, FFxiii was really missing something... i think its the fact that the plot took to long to really get going, and when it finally did, it was pretty much thrown in your face, rather than a good build up like some of the others had.

Well, that and I know many fans are still frustrated when they've realised they missed one damned accessory and so can't get their final achievement / trophy without doing the whole thing again!

Unfortunately the game is incredibly linear but the battle system more than makes up for it. It's very fast paced but surprisingly simple to control. Even more simple than XII. That alone makes the game fun. The story is a little less than extraordinary and lacks the creativity and magic from the PS classics and before, but it's well worth the money to pick up. So give it a shot. Take it from Sally! :)

I'm around 40 hours into it and so far I've been enjoying, but reading many impressions online it seems to be very hit and miss.

If you don't mind the lack of exploration you'll like it. I don't like the lack of exploration, but the fast-paced and innovative battle system sure does make up for it.

Otherwise, you may want to rent it first or borrow it off a mate.

It is a good game, especially with the visuals, and the game play is good. Especially if you get the timing right on changing battle formations.

I'm a little impatient, so I always mess it up.

But it is something that you'll either like or dislike. The non-linear and no exploration just aren't fun. I've gone back to FFVII, just to see if its still good, and I have issues putting down my PSP. So that speaks louder then words

I liked it. It did seem to start off a bit slow in my opinion but does really pick up.

It has received a lot of criticism for incredibly linear and is right to because it is but thats about its only flaw. Its visual are fantastic, has excellent music and a decent story (though not nearly as good as some of the previous FF games). Also the gameplay in the battle system is really different, fun, and intuitive.

As some said before though it is a bit of a hit or miss, but all I say is try play passed the 10 hours because after that it does get better.

I'm around 40 hours into it and so far I've been enjoying, but reading many impressions online it seems to be very hit and miss.

If you don't mind the lack of exploration you'll like it. I don't like the lack of exploration, but the fast-paced and innovative battle system sure does make up for it.

Otherwise, you may want to rent it first or borrow it off a mate.

Trust me, chapter 11 more than makes up for the lack of exploration.

As for my views, a fairly decent game. Could've been better, but also could've been much worse.