54 members have voted

1. 1. which side are you on

• L
    • Light

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Light initially but I moved to L when Light became corrupt.

However i usually root for the protagonist just to follow their story and I wanted to see how Light could foil L plans. I was disappointed on how he ended up getting caught by N in the end lol. Expected a bit more..

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Gotta say i was on Light's side at first but then switched to L. Light let the power go to his head and ended up being corrupted which is why i made the switch to L.

This ^ exactly

I was with Light at first. His ambition to create a better world using nefarious methods was almost inspiring. However as time went on he became corrupted by the power of the Death note and began killing pretty much anyone who didn't like his vision for a better world, whether they were good or bad people. So I began to side with L, since his goals were noble and pure.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on L's side all the way. Light was just a regular-guy-psychopath, warped by the power given to him. The moment he started spewing ideas about the perfect society created by death, I knew he was a nutcase or at least completely evil. I'm just sad that L wasn't the one to take him down in the end.

At the start of the series I was on Light's side, since he was killing off criminals and stuff like that. Then he became so arrogant about having the Death Note and wanted to become "God" of the world, by killing so many people. His arrogance led me to going on L's side instead. L has everything lol. The mystery surrounding him is what kept us wondering about what he was going to do next and compared to a Chief, he already has the power in himself to do as he pleases, and gets anyone he wants.

I must say I very much agree with this.

L obviously. He had the intelligence, the mystery, and the charisma.

All Light had going for him was that his dad was the Chief and he happened to find a Death Note. He was easily corrupted by it and became nothing more than a pathetic killer who wanted to kill off anyone who stood in his way to becoming the new God of the world, including his own family.

I was L's side, until Near was in charge.

I was on Light's side for a few episodes actually :3

In the end I was on Matt and Mello's side ;) With a little bit of Ryuk mixed in there ;3

**Yes I realize they did not have a side, I just can not stand Mello, not sure why, I just can't.**

Mello irritated me to be honest. He was jealous of Near because he was smarter and L's succesor.

You typed the words right out of my mind. I'm on L's side, when he died the anime sure went down for me. It's very unlikely for someone like Light to become like that, for an intelligence person to lose sight of his goals, but I guess he became crazy with power. If you ask me L was way better and smarter too, he knew it all along that he was going to die and ran out of options to use against exposing Light. L knew that if he cannot get other people against Light and without using solid evidence there was no way of getting Light.

I can't agree that L was smarter. He kind of arbitrarily decided that he wanted Light to be Kira, then went in looking for any evidence to prove his theory right. By his own words, he's not out for justice, but rather his own amusement. He doesn't think being wrong is amusing, therefore he has to relentlessly pursue his theory and pretty much shut out other possibilities. That his theory was right is besides the point.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Mello irritated me to be honest. He was jealous of Near because he was smarter and L's succesor.

Except everything that Mello did, he did for himself. Near's plan with the Sidoh incident was to sit back then swoop in and steal the Death Note after everyone else did all the work. And by the authors' statements, Near cheats. Not to mention his "logic" usually lacking even more than with his predecessor.

I voted for Light but that's mostly because he's a really smart kid. Other wise, I wouldn't bother voting for ether. In my opinion, death sucks and it shouldn't have been thrown around so lightly like that just cause of some murders. I mean all-in-all it's wrong but damn, two wrongs don't make a right. And that's why they all ended up dyin' in Death Note. Death ain't a toy. : ]

• 3 weeks later...