54 members have voted

1. 1. which side are you on

• L
    • Light

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while. I don't remember L trusting the shinigamis. But I do know he knew he was going to die. And I meant L was a certain kind of smart, not that he was successful against Light. His deductive reasoning skills were ridiculous. Light was better at manipulation and concealment. 

I don't remember L trusting the shinigamis

He trusted what Rem said, which happened to be a lie. If he didn't believe Rem, he might have had a fighting chance against Light and might have even beaten him earlier.

And I meant L was a certain kind of smart, not that he was successful against Light.

L did beat Light, in the form of Mello and Near XD

Edited by LimitLess

It's been a long time since I watched this anime. i won't hide the fact that i had to read some posts above to remember the main 2 character's names..

As i mentioned on another topic i like detective roles, so i will definately pick L's side.

Edited by makros

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Light. Damn it. Characters that have a dark side are always preferable to the plain type. L is too much of an exaggerated made-up freak while Light is more relate-able since he's a more natural character. On top of that, investigating and arresting criminals (what L does) is boring. Admit it, everyone only watches the show because of what Light does. I find myself on the side of evil very often. Hey, I'm sick and tired of moral cliches. I'm only interested in plots and ploys; and usually only villains can deliver them.

One thing in which Light certainly beats L is appearance. Light's animation is cool and dramatic. But L.... uhhhhmmmm.

Edited by ounce

• 2 weeks later...

It's a difficult choice. Light is a very interesting character. I know it's sooo wrong but if I had the Death Note I would be probably doing the same thing. I do think that some people don't really deserve to be around. Anyway , after a point he lost it and started to kill anyone who tried to mess with him. Although he is a very cool character ( his lying skills are amazing :P) , he has God complex , he manipulates people and he is soooo arrogant and I hate arrogant people. L is brilliant and has amazing skills but acts like a freak. So in conclusion I'll go with L  although to be honest I'm not very fond of him either ( I prefer N). But L is the good guy and he was right. Someone had to stop Light.