Why do people hate Anime

dim84

The same reason people hate Video Gaming. They think It's immature because they are all idiots. People seem to just not even give it any kind of thought and just say it's stupid because they don't like it. To me that's really immature. I honestly hate 90% of the human population. Most of us on here are fine because we all have these keen interests and agree on a lot of topics and even if we don't agree we wont force it or shun someone because of it.

But don't force people to watch it it's just tv shows that are really easy to get for free.

LOL to ur response on the topic...

On another note I often 4get how much I loved Trigun... It was awesome

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I tip my hat to you Jarlaxle for putting it in such a way.

I have seen it all my self and have herd many things over the years. I learned it seems to come from any form of preconceived bias. Ether some one was told something or got an impression from watching the wrong thing. It all comes down to people making judgment calls and sticking to it. Hell just what makes you a fan and some one else not. This goes for any thing. So how many people here are treckies. Hell how many people here actually knows what that means.

I figure there are two kinds of anti fans out there. Those who really and honestly don't like something. Then there are those who don't like something and just don't know or care why. So I tend to make it a habit to find out witch type of person i'm talking to and tease the later. Usually the later, the individuals who don't really know why they don't like it can be drawn to the anime side. I just tend to show some one what I think they might like and then let them decide. If it doesn't work then let bygones be bygones. Heck I think that's one thing that makes a good fan. Some one who can really like the niche without pushing it on others or arrogantly scoffing at the nots.

the simple answer is: cause they havent tried it. and if they have and still dont like it, then its because they havnt really watched it with an open mind. if you dont give something a fair chance when you try it, then u will never like it. I have converted many people to anime just by getting them to be open minded when watching.

• 2 weeks later...

My friends aren't so bad, a few of them have tried it and didn't like it, but my family are the worse they think that I'm being childish and that I'm watching crap, I don't tell how crap their TV shows are so why tell me about mine. My younger brother is by far the worse he won't take on board that anime is also designed for adults. But overall these people are missing out if they at least don't try it.

i think some people dont like anime becuase they think they are not exciting. thats right. for example when i whatched bleach at first i use to hate it but when i countinue whatching it i see that how im inttrested in. if you force someone to keep seeing an anime he/she will love it!!!

I have heard people say that they don't like anime for multiple reasons, and comparing everything to Pokemon. Like I was watching Ranma and this chick asked why am I watching this Pokemon crap, and I told her to get the hell out of my house. But most people say cartoons are too kiddie, they don't like the animations style, they don't get most of it among others. But I asked many of those same people who said that if they realized that they have been watching most of their lives. Then they look at me like I am crazy, but they don't realize that Astro Boy, Speed Racer, Thunder Cats, Lupin the 3rd, have been coming on early in the morning for years and people have been watching them, but yes indeed, they are anime.

I agree with a lot of what is being said here, that there is a negative stigma attached to anime that even I had at one point. However, I do believe that there would be something out there that even the most ardent hater couldn't help but love. I have converted quite a few people over quick and painlessly by finding these tailored to the individual.

1)cannot differentiate betn "Cartoon" and "Anime".

2)some can't follow the stories and just pass on the anime.

I think its because of the plot build-up of most anime for example, Samurai X at the start the story did not center on Kenshin's past and how he confront the consequences of his past. Instead, the series start in a monster of a week style where the protagonist battle a weekly villain, saving the day scenario etc.

People who want to get to the main plot of the story fast will surely going to loose interest in this kind of anime.

I'd say because there are some people who like anime that take it just way too far. And you all know the kind of person I am talking about. And for a lot of people it is very offsetting being any where near connected or similar to said people. I mean I love anime, but I don't walk around my university with cat ears, a cape, or a tail on to my classes with pink hair. I mean really, I find that kind of behavior in such a setting to be inappropriate. I mean at an anime convention or places where it is expected sure thats fine, but that small percentage of people who just take things way too far give the entire community a bad name. And then there are the Trolls, you know the kind of people who either on forums or even real life act like pricks. Because they are the expert on said anime or character so they are absolutely correct and everyone else is wrong and stupid. There are a large number of these uptight, obsessed, and overly obnoxious people who just take things too far. And then there is the issue of the fan service, I think a lot of people in general are very put off by those elements of many anime series especially a lot of females. And on the reverse there are people who just look down on animation because they feel they are childish. In any case, that's my take on it.