Why do people hate Anime

dim84

I've tried explaining why I love anime and how I became addicted, I've tried getting others to watch.... They just continue to suck and wont follow the rabbit down the hole... I think they just don't want to like it... If they watched a whole series I think they'd like it...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, fist find out what they like, and go from there.

invite them over to watch a movie and don't tell them what it is. slip in the anime or anime movie and once it starts and they find out just say "pleae just give it a go, I think you will like it" it always works for me ^.^

Oh and Yes, most the time it is because they think it is for children silly people ^.^

invite them over to watch a movie and don't tell them what it is. slip in the anime or anime movie and once it starts and they find out just say "pleae just give it a go, I think you will like it" it always works for me ^.^

Thats how I got my bro to watch Naruto and Gurren Lagann, he still refuses to watch any other anime but hey whats worked twice, can work a third time :D

I've heard all sorts of crappy reasons for not watching anime, believe me.

1. Cartoons(Anime) are for kids.
  2. I have better things to do.
  3. Anime is not funny???
  4. Animes are not dubbed in our native language.
  5. Characters nose is too small.
  6. Characters have no lips.
  7. Characters legs are too long/ they're not proportionate.
  8. I don't like the hair style of characters.

The list is actually endless.

Btw, Mind if I ask where're you from?

Because different people like different things. I don't like watching sports. And some people don't like trying new things.

But if you want to get someone into anime, then show them something that starts out really good and doesn't get crappy 7 minutes in. If the first episode really grabs their attention, they are more likely to finish watching it (so start with something short). If they end up liking it at the end, then they may or may not slowly branch out into similar animes and develop a liking to anime.

Oh and Yes, most the time it is because they think it is for children silly people ^.^

Thanks I'm going to try this... Hope it works... I think people should always be open to experience new things.

I've heard all sorts of crappy reasons for not watching anime, believe me.

1. Cartoons(Anime) are for kids.
  2. I have better things to do.
  3. Anime is not funny???
  4. Animes are not dubbed in our native language.
  5. Characters nose is too small.
  6. Characters have no lips.
  7. Characters legs are too long/ they're not proportionate.
  8. I don't like the hair style of characters.

The list is actually endless.

Btw, Mind if I ask where're you from?

California, why?

People just need to open their minds...

Because different people like different things. I don't like watching sports. And some people don't like trying new things.

But if you want to get someone into anime, then show them something that starts out really good and doesn't get crappy 7 minutes in. If the first episode really grabs their attention, they are more likely to finish watching it (so start with something short). If they end up liking it at the end, then they may or may not slowly branch out into similar animes and develop a liking to anime.

True true... But I think people should at least try something before knocking it... Life is more fun that way...

I don't think that might work here, people might just walk away if I try that on them. Or they'd call me a kid bcoz I watch that kind of stuff. Actually I've tried it once or twice.

California, why?

People just need to open their minds...

In many countries animation is looked down upon and so are people who see it(like mine). I htought you might be from one of those. It's hard being an Anime fan in countries like these. :sad:

I don't think that might work here, people might just walk away if I try that on them. Or they'd call me a kid bcoz I watch that kind of stuff. Actually I've tried it once or twice.

Then how about you try to read the blurb to them without showing the case "this move is about a boy who has to fight to prtect the person he loves, but will it backfire on him?" blah blah blah. And ask then if they would like to watch it (leaving out that it is an anime.)

Then how about you try to read the blurb to them without showing the case "this move is about a boy who has to fight to prtect the person he loves, but will it backfire on him?" blah blah blah. And ask then if they would like to watch it (leaving out that it is an anime.)

That might work, but still it's very difficult to convince anybody here to watch Anime. But it won't hurt to try I guess. I'll be sure to post the result of this experiment.:)

Would you like to know why people don't like anime? Because they don't like it. My god, does it really matter if someone doesn't like anime just because you like it? Opinions man, people have different opinions on things. Some people enjoy different things to others, not everyone enjoys the same thing. Anime isn't everyone's thing, and hey that's cool. Why get upset over it or try to justify your like for it? Just chill, deal with people not liking it and get on with watching some kickass series.

I mean, I have plenty'a friends who don't like anime. Might have asked them to watch it a few times, but they didn't want to. No biggy. They don't like it, we'll do something else. Know what I mean?

In many countries animation is looked down upon and so are people who see it(like mine). I htought you might be from one of those. It's hard being an Anime fan in countries like these. :sad:

Man I'm sorry to hear that, but i bet u there are more fans around u than u know... Some people just don't like to stand out or rock the boat, so their fear of being looked down on will stop them from admitting it

Would you like to know why people don't like anime? Because they don't like it. My god, does it really matter if someone doesn't like anime just because you like it? Opinions man, people have different opinions on things. Some people enjoy different things to others, not everyone enjoys the same thing. Anime isn't everyone's thing, and hey that's cool. Why get upset over it or try to justify your like for it? Just chill, deal with people not liking it and get on with watching some kickass series.

I mean, I have plenty'a friends who don't like anime. Might have asked them to watch it a few times, but they didn't want to. No biggy. They don't like it, we'll do something else. Know what I mean?

I agree that everyone has the right to like or dislike anything they choose, but people talk crap about me bcuz I love it, but they wont even try to watch and that's what I don't like...