Random Talk.

Talena Mae

I just buy all my headphones cheaply. I get these good ones for only $15 ea and I buy a few of them. The sound quality varies from each one and some have great quality. When they break I just swap them out for another pair. I have recently bought an expensive pair of headphones too, to see if they improve the life span and quality im getting. I am yet to try them out.

Thats a pretty nice deal finding them for only $15, where they just a regular pair of headphones or a headset.

I've found that the numbers for sound production devices (especially cheap stuff) don't really tell the whole story about what the piece or equipment sounds like. There's a lot of crap on the market, but you don't really know it's crap until you've heard it. Having been exposed to some nice sound reproduction systems at various areas (usually public performances) I've found that there is a pretty noticeable difference between quality (by quality I mean equivalent sound quality for price) expensive headphones and quality inexpensive headphones (same definition of quality and yes, I mean to say headphones, I'm not referring to earphones here since I don't know as much about them). There's no reason in my mind that you should be going over $100 for earphones since you're really pushing a technology past its limits at that point. If you want extreme sound quality go with headphones, you'll get much better sound from those as far as my experience has been. Headphones, unless they're made with the goal of being durable, usually only increase in price due to hardware quality and materials quality (so like leather ear pads instead of cloth or foam stuff). There are some headphones (like beats) that have pretty good sound quality but get an inflated price due to branding too.

Really, for someone who's not an audiophile, anything that's sold above ~$200 is either a rip off or wouldn't be fully appreciated. I personally like the Sennheiser HD 555 and Sennheiser HD 558 after listening to both via friends who had them and looking at the price (both ~$180). The price and sound quality balance on those headphones are pretty nice although it's a bit on the high end side of things :P. I also own a pair of Klipsch Image S4 earphones which blew me away the first time I listened to them. I find in-ear earphones uncomfortable for long periods of time though so I usually stick to my cheapy no-name headphones (which I wanna replace T_T) but when there's something that I want to really "listen" to I plug those in. Like I said before, I'm no audiophile so the quality coming out of the S4's is fine for me ^-^.

Thats the main issue with the audio industry in general. They just can't ever seem to reach a standard thus leaving us with this wide range of prices, and types that is in my opinion excessive. It seems to get even more varied with the gaming earphones I noticed. Like for example there are 4 versions of Turtle Beach for PS3, or XBOX 360, and even the PC.

I just think it would be easier fir a lot of us if they came up with a few set standards for audio, and earphones as well as other audio equipment would be a lot easier to pick out, and work with.

It would be possible to create a standard if there was one or two main companies who dominated the headphone market. The problem is that there are just way too many companies, so nothing can really be done unless the government forced them all to create a standard.

I normally just get cheap ones for $10 or so, its around there that they actually start to have a decent quality if you know where to look. I do also have a pile of $1 ones, you can get them with little radios but the quality is pretty terrible. Still, its better than nothing.

Oh yeah, and never buy headphones on sale. Those are the ones that arent selling because they are normally bad.

Style can go off and die somewhere for all I care. As long as the headphones sound good and are comfortable I don't care if the things look like they came out of the bottom of a swamp. The other thing I would also look at is portability. While I don't demand ultraportable headphones (if I did I'd get earphones :P) I don't want foot long rods coming out of each earpiece.

lol Kao, thanks to stuff like this forum, online streaming sites, and other such things I don't really have that problem with anime ^^;. I would like to support the artists a bit more though so when I've got the money I plan to get DVD or Blu-Ray releases for all the anime I liked. I don't do collecting of paraphernalia though.

I delete the anime that I don't like, and I only keep 3 or 4 active seasons on me. By active seasons I mean seasons from my "to-watch" list. I always only watch 1 anime at a time, and I try to watch ALL of the TV series releases before I finish with the anime (so if I watch K-ON, I also watch K-ON! before finishing the series). If the anime scored a 9 or higher for me I keep it in an archive (currently only have... 6 anime there not including multiple seasons). Or if the anime had some quality about it that prompted me to consider it for a rewatch. Needless to say, I haven't begun keeping up with airing anime. There's just so much stuff that's good and finished airing already that I haven't had to resort to watching airing series. We'll see if that changes in the coming years as I slowly exhaust the number of good already-aired anime.

All this to say that I've only got ~80GB of anime :P.

@Kao, the Kamina in the video you linked has a sharingan :o.

Lol wow nice find, who knew kamina possesed the sharingan!

On the topic of total anime stored I have over 60 Dvd worth of animes and in my HD I have around 700GB worth of anime, not as much compared to most people but im still proud of it. Though I have probabaly only watched a fraction of that 700GB....