Random Talk.

Talena Mae

@dae wow u shud talk to my brother, he's playing MS right now and has made nuff 100+ level characters.

Right now he's playing with a 170+ demon slayer. He spent hundreds of dollars on stuff from the cash shop and then his acount got hacked and MS support has done nothing to help him :(

@lama I completely agree, the grinding and social stuff is fun at first then it becomes very boring and repetitive

Actually, one thing that I really like is games that you have to pay to play, but its just for the game disc. Take Guild Wars. You just buy the discs and bam, free play after that. Only other thing that you have to pay for is the expansions, and since each one is like another game except cheaper, it works quite nicely.

I keep trying different MMORPGs and keep finding they just don't suit my style of playing. Between having to play with other people and, as Dae mentioned, the almost relentless pressure to BUY BUY BUY, it's just not enjoyable. There are times when I want to play games with other people, don't get me wrong, but I guess an RPG has always been kind of a solo thing for me, like reading a book.

That is really unfortunate what happened to your brother, Kao. It's been a trend I've noticed as well, where people just get their money siphoned from them and given no recompense when things happen to them. It gets pretty chaotic.

A couple years back I got fairly involved with some drama involving people selling custom content and mods for the Sims 2. It mostly amounted to a lot of mudslinging and gossip about people's personal lives, although I think that's a feature of the Sims committee in general, but it was interesting to watch.

Did any of you guys watch Gamer? I really liked that movie, and it wasn't because I had a girlboner for Gerard Butler (though I was less than impressed when the Arabic they showed in that movie was... backwards and disconnected), haha.

I do agree that RPGs are normally more fun by yourself. Some games like Neverwinter Nights and Diablo are exceptions to that rule, although that is because you can compliment each other and they dont cost anything after you buy them

Yeah I watched Gamer. I enjoyed it, although it was different from what I first expected. I personally think that the movie would be more interesting if they did it on the place where people control other people and do normal stuff. I have a feeling that you would actually understand the plot and characters a bit more since there would be less random death everywhere.

Did any of you guys watch Gamer? I really liked that movie, and it wasn't because I had a girlboner for Gerard Butler (though I was less than impressed when the Arabic they showed in that movie was... backwards and disconnected), haha.

I really disliked that movie, had potential but was waay to vulgar and inappropriate. Plus the gratuitous violence and profanity didn't help its case in my eyes.

Girl-what? .......o_O

You thought it was gratuitous? Interesting. I generally have a low tolerance for stuff like that in the media I consume (just ask Java, haha), but I didn't find it over the top. The Sims-like part of it (I can't remember the name--Society?) wasn't very well-liked amongst my little group of friends at DLI, IIRC, but I thought it was a decent enough segue for Slayers. I've always been a bigger fan of Brave New World than 1984 and find the former's dystopia to be more likely than the latter's, so having the Sims-like game proceed Slayers jived well with me.

And girlboner.

Yes.

I SAID IT.

Sometimes I read what I write out loud!

I also said it earlier when I was on-base with a friend. He told me he read the story I had posted here and thought it was pretty good. We then had this conversation:

Me: My favourite part was the girlboner part.

Him: Isn't that everyone's favourite part?

To be fair, I was sleep-deprived. Still kind of am, derp.

I found some money I'd stashed with my old books from when I was still getting an allowance from my parents. I never had much to spend it on other than more books, and I had very particular tastes in those, so I never spent that much back then. I never realized just how much I set aside back them >.< It isn't much compared to what I get now, but when I was 13 it would have been a fortune to me.

The total of all of the $5 bookmarks? $125 ^_^ I think a celebratory dinner is in order.

So your Ki overflows at the mention of a girlboner? Hmmm, I wont ask... Oh, and on the topic, one of my friend's kids is in a band called Female Erection. Lots of fun...

wow lemming, if u noticed the thread title and the footnote to my quote you would see that I was making a completely unrelated joke about how Broly would react if Goku's name were mentioned lol