Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Initial D: Fourth Stage (24/24) 7/10

the fourth season continues as Ryosuke Takahashi invites Takumi Fujiwara to join in a expedition team to battle with the other street racers out of the gunma area. the team was named with project d and it's 2 ace drivers are keisuke takahashi and takumi fujiwara.

well that's it.. i thought that the fourth sequel will make me fired up but it seems it lack some points from it's past predecessors.

1. as far as the 3 season goes for this whole series, takumi fujiwara was into this girl natsuki which is kind of a good romantic twist for the series. in the fourth stage, natsuki was not even exploited in any event. as in the end of the 3rd stage, natsuki did say her farewells to takumi.

2. although takumi's racing perpective did really emerge in the fourth stage, his car did not really improve at all.. the only thing that changed in his car was the hood.

3. the fourth stage only focused on 2 drivers, its keisuke and takumi. in this regard, most of the battles are always with them as for the reason of project d's existance.

4. project d, i thought that ryosuke takahashi will say the meaning of the "d" initial, but it seems the series was over and i did not even have the idea on what kind of word is it. drift, driver, what is it?

i do enjoy the 4th stage, but, i just can't watch it again as i would do with stage 1 and 3. the sound still rocks in this fourth installment and the animations did really improve in a sensible way.

my score for this one is 7/10..

as for the whole season, getting the average of the 4 seasons would be 8/10.

Darker than Black 26/26 - 7/10

seems that most people tend to love this series, but as for me, there are alot of unfinished hole in the plot. the 2 part chapter episode was quite nice depicting in real life events that really takes place.

the art is nice, there are fights in the series.. but i don't think this as a major factor.

i will give this 7/10

Argento Soma very interesting anime that I didn't know what to really make of it till the last episode, lol. It had twists and turns over and over again, and you couldn't figure out what direction the anime was taking, but that was what made it great. By the time the end of the series was completed it turn it's self into a great story even though while watching it I never would have thought that. 8.5/10

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun this series I was not expecting too much, mainly because it's a side story, but I think it turned out better then what the first season of the main story was. It felt like the events of this anime flowed better together and had more meaning then what happened through most of the first season of the main story. This was funny, had good character development and good action. Overall very impressed and enjoyed this quite a bit. 9/10

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun this series I was not expecting too much, mainly because it's a side story, but I think it turned out better then what the first season of the main story was. It felt like the events of this anime flowed better together and had more meaning then what happened through most of the first season of the main story. This was funny, had good character development and good action. Overall very impressed and enjoyed this quite a bit. 9/10

I thought it was total garbage. They completely changed all the characters personalities and ruined the image of Misaka for me. She doesn't act anything like Railgun portrayed her and the series felt like nothing more than filler. Although it's possible it's because of the poor pacing since there was only enough material for a 4 episode OVA yet they stretched it out to a full 24 episode series which left 80% of it as real filler with no ties to the story what so ever. The least the could have done was not changed everything that made Misaka actually Misaka. It felt like I was watching a filler anime with someone that looked like a copy of all the characters but in a whole different series. Nothing felt like it belonged and none of the characters acted like themselves. It was all I could do to force myself to watch another episode until it was over, and if they pick up another side-story I will not be watching it from now on after that crap. I guess it's good that some people enjoyed it though since without those people the chances are Index 2 wouldn't have been made if Railgun failed.

I thought it was total garbage. They completely changed all the characters personalities and ruined the image of Misaka for me. She doesn't act anything like Railgun portrayed her and the series felt like nothing more than filler. Although it's possible it's because of the poor pacing since there was only enough material for a 4 episode OVA yet they stretched it out to a full 24 episode series which left 80% of it as real filler with no ties to the story what so ever. The least the could have done was not changed everything that made Misaka actually Misaka. It felt like I was watching a filler anime with someone that looked like a copy of all the characters but in a whole different series. Nothing felt like it belonged and none of the characters acted like themselves. It was all I could do to force myself to watch another episode until it was over, and if they pick up another side-story I will not be watching it from now on after that crap. I guess it's good that some people enjoyed it though since without those people the chances are Index 2 wouldn't have been made if Railgun failed.

Haven't really watched Index 2 yet but from season one, I did notice a difference in Misaka between that and Railgun, but I really didn't mind it because I took Railgun as what it was, a side story (my thinking of a side story normally I think filler; for you it seems it that it will mean the story will relate with the main story and that's why I could watch it and enjoy the randomness of it and you couldn't because you had different expectations). So I see where you are coming from, because I know if I had expected it to intertwine with the actual story I would have been highly disappointed too, but I came into watching it, with very low expectations like I said and a different way of thinking about how the story was going to be. And hay most anime places that give descriptions don't even count Railgun as part of the main series they count it as two different ones. It really would have been much better to the people faithfully following the real story if I had intertwined with it, but since I was expecting a series that was completely a side story/filler.... I guess it's all about prospective.

Just finished: "Trinity Blood"

= All I can say is, this anime is definitely AWESOME! I really enjoyed the mixture of different genres such as action + a little mecha + creatures of the night. All in all, I really recommend you all watch this! I wish there will be a sequel but sadly, according to my research, the original creator of the series passed away so, chances are slim.

= But that's that. I definitely enjoyed this : 9.5/10

Major Season 1: 26/26 - 9/10

this anime impressed me in many ways... i though that this sport shounen series will be like the other sport animes that i've watched before, but it was different.

Story: 10/10

it's 10, i will give credit for that.. this anime moved me in some ways.. thinking that it's a much more light and fun way to watch a baseball series anime.. there are lots of downfalls for the part of Goro Honda's life and also to his baseball comrades. the story picks up as each episodes go, it's not even boring to watch and there are some things that a viewer can learn from each of it.

truly, there are many depressing moments in this series... but what i did not expect is that the ending will be sad. it's one of the elements in the story which made this good. the characters revolved around Goro with a purpose and reason.

Character Development: 9/10

the character development was great, Goro's personality is strong for a kid who had suffered many tragic things. as far as the story goes, the series have many serious things that really relates to real life incidents. as Goro proceeds to his early baseball career as a kid, he meets his friends that will be also engaged to playing baseball. i also noticed that the most of the episodes and scenes in the story are related to "family matters".

Animation: 9/10

well, the animation is good, the way they animated the baseball games in alright and detailed. the artwork is also good as each character is totally cute and meets to the viewers eyes.

Music: 8/10

there are some catchy tunes in the series, most of them really fits well in the atmosphere of each scene which is really nice.

overall, this great sport anime deserves what it gets to be 9/10.. i watched it in 2 days, and it somewhat entertained me in many ways. i love the characters especially Goro and his bestfriends out of the baseball team. the story is really nice and have it's twist. i could say that this anime will be added to my re-watch list with a very high probability.

.hack//sign

9/10

I didn't know what to expect when I first watched it. I remember watching a few parts back when it aired on T.V. and liking what I saw. So, I decided to give it a watch.

I'll admit I was disappointed when I came to the realization that there wasn't going to be much as far as "action" is concerned and actually stopped watching for a bit. But, I came back to it and realized that I was right to do so.

The character's were amazingly complex in relation to other anime characters. The development of Tsukasa's own mental and emotional state, as well as how he interacted and developed bonds with others in The World more than made up for the lack of action.

I thought the music for the series was some of the best I'd ever listened to.

All in all, it's not your hack-and-slash type anime. But, if you can enjoy a very character driven plot, with plenty of character development, I would absolutely recommend this anime to anyone.

I just finished Full Metal Alchemist. It was really good. I watched a lot of the episodes a few years ago when it was on Cartoon Network at night but never really got into it because I was never able to watch one episode after another. I would like watch one episode this week and a couple weeks later watch another. lol But all in all I really liked it once I actually watched it and Im excited to get the movie from netflix soon. 9/10 for sure.