Pc vs Consoles whos better.

Leviathan87

An earlier post mentioned that when you put a game into a console it just works.

Whoever said that hasn't played on any consoles of the current generation. Many games when first put in must first copy data over to the console as well as install extra stuff. Some games require an internet connection to update to the latest version of some patch for the game upon first inserting the disc to make everything compatible. I remember a certain game for the PS3 taking over 30 minutes before I could begin to actually play it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consoles. I prefer reliability over price any day. Cheaper doesn't always mean better. Just look at ebay. Would you rather have that 300 dollar camera, or that 1 cent picture of a camera?

An earlier post mentioned that when you put a game into a console it just works, and when you put it into a computer you have to spend hours installing everything and even then you may not have the proper patches or textures installed. PC gaming is annoying and honestly not worth it. I am not a graphics snob, considering my favorite of the consoles is the Wii, so that argument is right out. Can I get my Super Smash Brothers Brawl(LEGALLY) for the PC? I don't believe I can.

And The Mouse and Keyboard is just annoyingly over complicated.

This is true, but then you have to install drivers to get the controllers working, and even then most games(Especially Steam Games) require another script to get the game working properly and even then(In the case of TF2) it is buggy as all hell. Maybe I was doing something wrong(Probably was), but my point still stands.

Computer gaming is honestly more trouble than it's worth. Constantly upgrading the system to run with the latest games, constantly updating patches so your game can work, Unable to play offline, etc, etc, etc.

As I said, I prefer reliability, something Computer gaming does not have.

as to the whole controller driver thing i use logitech controllers that are basically pc ps2 controllers and ill tell you this i just plugged them in and they play everything that lets you configure for a controller from Dungeon fighter online to PSOBB to all my emulators even fallout 3 and new vegas though admittedly i still had to use the keyboard for quite a bit as there was too many buttons in the latter 2 but even so i still prefer PC over console but that doesnt mean i dont want to play on the console either i just dont give a rats ass about any of the new consoles really its all dominated by FPS games like COD or halo or bad company and tbh aside from a bit of halo now and then i hate those kinda games therefore very few games interest me in the console market currently, the only console i actually play regularly is my psp tbh and thats not really a console oh and btw i bought the controller for 25$ at best buy pretty damn cheap considering its functionality and it comes with a easy to use disc to install better functionality but it really doesnt need it so idk when you used controllers but uhh ive never had any issues also as to the terms in graphics give me an snes emulator and a good fucking rpg and im in heaven on top of one of my favourite games im currently playing Terraria is a damned 2D game graphics dont matter to all the pc gamers out there just saying

Whoever said that hasn't played on any consoles of the current generation. Many games when first put in must first copy data over to the console as well as install extra stuff. Some games require an internet connection to update to the latest version of some patch for the game upon first inserting the disc to make everything compatible. I remember a certain game for the PS3 taking over 30 minutes before I could begin to actually play it.

Lol I was going to say that, some games like RAGE requires a 20gb free space to install the contents >.> Sucks for whoever that has a 4gb xbox 360 or the 20gb version.

theres more money in making console games, PC users pirate their too much.

I imagine soon PC's will have nothing left other than free browser games.

Well I might have to disagree with that, nVidia released a statement saying PC games would over take consoles in game revenue.

nvidia_trends_01.png

Also PC are 10x more powerful than the current console. You can probably see the difference on BF3, because BF3 is made especially for PC. But of course you need the latest GPU to be able to utilise the full graphical awesomeness of the game.

nvidia_trends_02.png

Here is a comparison of Battlefield 2 on xbox 360 to Battlefield 3 on PC.

nvidia_trends_03.jpgnvidia_trends_04.jpg

As you can see PC wins in term of graphics power well that's my opinion anyways. I'm currently only playing TF2 on PC and I prefer mouse and keyboard with FPS games.

Lol I was going to say that, some games like RAGE requires a 20gb free space to install the contents >.> Sucks for whoever that has a 4gb xbox 360 or the 20gb version.

Well I might have to disagree with that, nVidia released a statement saying PC games would over take consoles in game revenue.

nvidia_trends_01.png

Also PC are 10x more powerful than the current console. You can probably see the difference on BF3, because BF3 is made especially for PC. But of course you need the latest GPU to be able to utilise the full graphical awesomeness of the game.

nvidia_trends_02.png

As you can see PC wins in term of graphics power well that's my opinion anyways. I'm currently only playing TF2 on PC and I prefer mouse and keyboard with FPS games.

pc will over take consoles soon.

theres more money in making console games, PC users pirate their too much.

I imagine soon PC's will have nothing left other than free browser games.

Believe it or not, piracy quite often increases revenue rather than decrease it. Most people who pirate games never planned to buy them in the first place, so it's not a lost sale. On the other hand, some people that pirate games do end up supporting the company by purchasing it.

Any game that is made to run on a certain console/pc will look and run better on it than anywhere else. This is what sets exclusive games apart from the rest. For example, Killzone 3 and Uncharted 2 look amazing on the PS3, Gears looks great on the Xbox 360, and Crysis looks incredible on the PC. None of those games would look as good if they were meant to be played equally on all formats.

pc will over take consoles soon.

Console gaming will never die. As long as PC gaming keeps getting better graphics and needing more demanding computers, console gaming will never die. A lot of people don't know enough about computers to understand what is needed to smoothly run a game. When you purchase a console, it's as simple as plugging it in, maybe hooking it up the internet. This ease is part of the reason why a lot of people prefer console gaming.

On the other hand, as long as there are "hardcore" PC players that really like to bitch about graphics and think they're better, PC gaming will never die as well.

Console games run smoother as well, since the game was made using the specs of the console, and your consoles specs(Aside from HDD space), are the same as the what they had to make the game. That isn't the case for a PC. So it won't always run the same. I don't believe I've ever played a graphically intensive game that hasn't lagged on me because my specs weren't up to par. Sorry, I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade my system everytime a new game comes out.

Did...Did you just Compare Battlefield 2's graphics to Battlefield 3 graphics in an argument? Fail oh god my Brain is hurting from this fail. You know Battlefield 3 is coming to consoles as well?

PC gaming is better graphically, yes, this is something that I won't deny, but if you're going to compare them. Use the same freaking game or else I'll reject your argument weather or not I agree with you.

When I said that I was referring to the 360 XD. You put the disc in and it plays. Patching only takes a few seconds. You do have the option to install the game onto the hard drive if you wish to do so though, but it isn't required.

You do realize that you can buy controllers for the pc and they are actually cheaper than the ones for consoles? Also you can go online and create your own controllers, costs more but then you can have all your buttons exactly where you want them to be

I have depressing reasons relating to money.

So it doesn't really matter to me. I'm stuck with the mouse/keys. D:

Plus my computer sucks c*ck so... yeah. xD

I find consoles a lot more reliable in my situation.

P.S/ All my consoles are gifts and I generally dislike computers anyway. xDDD

That is the most retarded comparison ever, try comparing the same game or at least compare games from the same year. People need to realize, PC will always be more powerful then consoles because they keep up with technology. On the other hand consoles are more affordable then high end PC's making them more accessible to the masses. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges, either one has really great entertainment value, consoles are more social because lets face it, everyone has one. I enjoy both, while my PC may have better graphics, playing online with my buddies over xbox live has always been fun for me.

I'd consider getting a decent PC but I like having my xbox live friends and achievements. All I have to do is sit down and turn it on.

Pc gaming feels too sterile and graphics don't really bother me as my TV is shit anyway. So long as I have my friends and everything I need (including a controller) I can put up with my gun being not quite as shiny. Also, hackers and various other problems are far more common on the PC. Not to say that consoles don't have their fair share of problems, just that they are less prominent.

theres alot of advantages to having a pc. one is you dont have to pay to play online. better graphics and a web browser and more. btw you dont have to upgrade much...

You don't have to pay for the PS3 or the Wii either. Just the 360.

And there are a few PC games(WoW, FFXI/XIV) that are pay to play online.

I've heard that argument a lot. And honestly, I don't mine having to pay to play online. If you pay for a $50 Xbox Love subscription fee for 12 months. That is essentially less than a dollar per week. Wow is $15 a month(I don't know how accurate this information is, I don't play Wow, that is just what I heard from a friend, if I was less lazy I'd look it up). And that is roughly 3.50 a week. That's over 300% more than Xbox live. Now which is cheaper?

Also, When playing online on the Wii and Steam I've lagged a lot. I have only lagged ONCE on the 360 and that's because the connection was mediocre. So, you get what you pay for I guess.

You don't have to pay for the PS3 or the Wii either. Just the 360.

And there are a few PC games(WoW, FFXI/XIV) that are pay to play online.

I've heard that argument a lot. And honestly, I don't mine having to pay to play online. If you pay for a $50 Xbox Love subscription fee for 12 months. That is essentially less than a dollar per week. Wow is $15 a month(I don't know how accurate this information is, I don't play Wow, that is just what I heard from a friend, if I was less lazy I'd look it up). And that is roughly 3.50 a week. That's over 300% more than Xbox live. Now which is cheaper?

Also, When playing online on the Wii and Steam I've lagged a lot. I have only lagged ONCE on the 360 and that's because the connection was mediocre. So, you get what you pay for I guess.

$74 + $63 a game and console, controller, hard drive, all new is 400+ i built a computer for cheaper that runs any game. and if the console brakes down u gota wait a few weeks. and steam is the best thing that happened in gaming u can get games for $5 that only been out for 4 mouths. pc is cheaper.

Money and Graphic Power aside. I will always have more fun on a console. I like to go to a friends place have a game of halo, fifa or need for speed and have a good time. But you cant do that with a PC...well u can, spend half an hour sorting all the cables, getting extension cords and power boards....Yep console more fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love my ps3. And to tell the truth I don't care which can perform better. Ps3 is cost effect, easy to use, looks and play great, doubles as a blue ray player, has free online play, the online community is fun, Plus I don't have to install my games before I play them. And when it comes to what is "better", it is subjective. So in my opinion I find consoles to be better.

Money and Graphic Power aside. I will always have more fun on a console. I like to go to a friends place have a game of halo, fifa or need for speed and have a good time. But you cant do that with a PC...well u can, spend half an hour sorting all the cables, getting extension cords and power boards....Yep console more fun :)

I've been gaming on the PC for many, many years. My keyboard alone has 4 cords. Never once have I spent 30 minutes, or even 20 setting my computer up, even after unplugging everything and moving locations. Never had to use an extension cord and the only reason I've got a power strip is for my lamps. So I'm not entirely sure where you're getting that from, unless you're physically or mentally slow when it comes to more than a few cords.

I play both PC and Console. Both have advantages and both have disadvantages.

And before I state my OPINION let me just say this. I don't think one of them is greater than the other and I actively play both about equal amounts.

One thing I don't like about console gaming(like xbox) is I have to spend $60 a game and then still have to pay to even play it online. With the PS3(unless I have an old non-updated fat one) I have to pay for the PS2 games I already own a copy of. Why do I wanna pay $5 for a game I physically own? And then on most games their isn't hosted dedicated servers to keep the trash or the little annoying kids out. When I play I don't want 5 year olds screaming in my ear.

One thing I don't like about PC gaming is that, it seems every time a new BIG title comes out, I have to go spend more money on my rig just to play it with decent settings. You don't have to upgrade the hardware on consoles. I do like not having to pay extra just to play a game though(Like Counter Strike and games that don't have monthly subscriptions). And even if the game has monthly Subs you have to pay, the game itself isn't priced over $50.