Pc vs Consoles whos better.

Leviathan87

I agree with the idea that both have their good and bad sides.

I think consoles excel at platformers and guncon games, but I can't stand using a controller for a FPS. It could just be because I'm not use to aiming with a thumb but I think aiming with a controller is far to jerky.

PCs with keyboard controls are really the only way I think I'll ever be able to play FPS games. Another plus is that PCs are usually far better at being reverse compatible with old games. However, finding a good guncon for a PC is like searching for bigfoot and in the end using a console guncon is usually the best option anyways. I'm also kind of disappointed with PC controllers on the market today. The designs anymore are pretty lame compared to what you could find a few years ago and again the best ones are usually ported from the consoles.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

PC beats out consoles hands down as far as graphics and game play go. The are no consoles on the market the support the latest Direct X. The other thing you get with a PC vs console is functionality last time I checked you couldn't do word processing on your xbox. The PC is vastly more useful you can customize it run the software of your choice you are not charged to use some kinda live service. The console is designed to rip you off by making you buy everything which is a joke and Sony couldn't even keep your data safe.

I think consoles are better and in the beginning they are designed for games and only games. It has only been lately you are able to do other things like access the net on them. No matter how much you make your PC a "gamers" PC the console will still piss all over it.

you should really check your hardware stats xbox run on basically the same hardware as a desktop PC. The only reason most PC game run poorly on computer is because they are built for consoles and a poorly ported out to PC.

The cutting edge development is always done on the PC not the console.

• 3 weeks later...

Hands down PC, with a PC the choices are endless you can build and kind of system you want. This Generation of consoles is terrible with do many issues like overheating due to poor design and the all popular corrupt save game files with large files on PS3's. The only solid console that doesnt have a ton of bugs or hardware issues is the wii (not counting x360 and ps3 slim, they still have issues that they should of got right the first time) I bought a ps3 and xbox360 the day they came out and both died with in 3 years and i was lucky if i played them 5 hours a week.

I'd say PC personally because I find nothing better for fps' than a mouse and a keyboard plus the (way) better graphics you get on computers compared to ps3 the annoying part to it is that it costs a lot to upgrade your computer to be good enough for the latest's games (though personally it's not a problem 'cause I'm 16 and I'm not the one paying my comp).

The advantage of consoles would be cheaper to buy (though console games cost more than PC games) and a bigger community I think (like on COD series and BF series).

And of course obviously you can do way more things with a PC than with a console even though the latest consoles can also browse internet.

I started out playing video games on a console, & I've tried PC gaming, but I can't wrap my head around the controls.

for example

PS3: 17 buttons & two analog sticks

PC: a full key board, a mouse & sometimes a controller

even a blind & deaf man can see that consoles are simpler, where controls are concerned

as for graphics, my experience is, they're only better on a high-end monitor, if you hook it up to a tv through a PC input or DVI/HDMI, graphics aren't as good, simply because PCs aren't tailored for tvs, while consoles are.

I bought a ps3 and xbox360 the day they came out and both died with in 3 years and i was lucky if i played them 5 hours a week.

You must've picked yours up on Friday the 13th, and crossed paths with a shit ton of black cat & broke even more mirrors, 'cuz I got an 80GB "Fat" PS3 '07, played it for at least 10 hours a day, and knock on wood, it still work just as great as the day I bought it.

I bought a ps3 and xbox360 the day they came out and both died with in 3 years and i was lucky if i played them 5 hours a week.

You've had a PC you used for gaming last more than 3 years? TEACH ME YOUR WAYS MAGIC MAN!!

PC's on average even if they survive and run perfectly as the day you bought it are obsolete technology wise after about 3 years due to the rapid increase in technology over the past 10 years.

On top of that I've had my 360 for over 5 years now and it runs fine. I will defend to my death that PC gaming is better graphically, but I will say the same for Console gaming and it's stability. Consoles are hands down on average more reliable than PC's. Honestly it sounds like you drew the short straw when it comes to consoles.

You've had a PC you used for gaming last more than 3 years? TEACH ME YOUR WAYS MAGIC MAN!!

PC's on average even if they survive and run perfectly as the day you bought it are obsolete technology wise after about 3 years due to the rapid increase in technology over the past 10 years.

On top of that I've had my 360 for over 5 years now and it runs fine. I will defend to my death that PC gaming is better graphically, but I will say the same for Console gaming and it's stability. Consoles are hands down on average more reliable than PC's. Honestly it sounds like you drew the short straw when it comes to consoles.

my old pc is 7 years old and still kicking ass. i dont know wrere u get 3 years from. only thing that gets outdated fast is gpu's. i had to replace my xbox 4 times in 5 years stable hell no, reliable not at all.

my old pc is 7 years old and still kicking ass. i dont know wrere u get 3 years from. only thing that gets outdated fast is gpu's. i had to replace my xbox 4 times in 5 years stable hell no, reliable not at all.

What are you doing to an xbox to make so you have to replace it every year? I will admit that out of the three current systems xbox is the least reliable(I wonder why it being made by a company that specializes in PC's and all. 8D), but I've never seen someone have problems that bad. Out of my friends I've only heard of 3 replacing their xbox, one because of 1st gen overheating, one because of the red ring, and one was because they wanted to upgrade to the new one with built in wi-fi.

Also, I will admit with the PC thing I was referring to laptops as that's what I primarily use. I've never had one(that wasn't a Mac, but I won't get into that), last more than 4 years.