Looking for staff who keep up with the latest Gaming news!

Koby

I'm going to revamp Forgotten Memories into more or less simply an all-out Gaming News source.

Information-based fansites in this day and age are way too much work with pretty much no benefit which has led me to become lazy when it comes to updates and thus the site is pretty much dead. The only thing active about it is the occasional news post. So I figured, hey, why not just put the center focus on the site to that? It could be more lively if we broaden out to include news on other games as well besides just Square Enix games and similar RPG series that for the most part has died out.

So what I'm looking for is people who would keep up with gaming news and be able to re-write news posts coherently into their own words with proper grammar and sentence structure or at least to a similar level that I do.

I'll be revamping the new layout I had been planning on using and coding it to work on Wordpress so anyone familiar with Wordpress should immediately get the hang of working on the site. I'd like to include at least an index page for a couple of my favorite games along with user reviews and screencaps, and wallpapers eventually when I get to it.

td;lr Looking for gaming news writers and game reviewers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in a sense, basically if I were to sign up for a job like this - I'd pretty much eat/spit back out what I'd read/been told/reviewed in my own words? o_O It sounds enticing because it'd get me to do something for Kametsu but I'd be afraid that I can't post updates frequently. Then again if I'm tracking like specific companies/titles I don't think it would be as hard.

i know right grammar is my bitch i butcher it on a daily basis =p

Lmao. I've gone through all of my high school english classes as well as a college english course. They hammered perfect grammer into us but I still prefer to butcher it because it's fun not because I don't know any better q.q.

So, in a sense, basically if I were to sign up for a job like this - I'd pretty much eat/spit back out what I'd read/been told/reviewed in my own words? o_O It sounds enticing because it'd get me to do something for Kametsu but I'd be afraid that I can't post updates frequently. Then again if I'm tracking like specific companies/titles I don't think it would be as hard.

Yeah, and not everyone has to be completely active if I can get a decent team of say 5 members, hopefully at least one person would be able to get the news out of about something the others happened to miss.

As for the reviews for the most part I'd prefer to focus on series I plan to have a little coverage on at some point. Later on we can start doing more reviews about games we don't actually have coverage on. A news writer doesn't have to be a reviewer. If needed a reviewer can just be a reviewer and could submit the reviews to one of the staff on the forum. I'd like to focus on reviews for the Final Fantasy main series numbered games at first. Yeah they might be old but at heart Forgotten Memories originated as a Final Fantasy site.

Well honestly I would be up for this task. I am in training to become a sportswriter/journalist in college and I think this would help my cause by writing stuff for a website. I would love to put up articles about gaming up for you. I read IGN on a daily basis, so it wouldn't be a stretch to just write some information and apply it to the website.

Hmmm... This sounds Interesting... I already do Gaming reviews and stuff like and no one reads them on my blog(which is a wordpress site) If I wasn't already GFX I would totally Jump all over this. Great idea though.

points at shazi shes a super moderator and a gfx mod if you feel you can handle the responsibilities of both then being more then one staff is perfectly acceptable just make sure not to neglect one or the other

I'd love to contribute, but my schedule is pretty packed this coming semester, so I can't commit to more than a few posts a week (though I could do more as my schedule allowed). I understand if you want people who can be more reliable, but if you want those few extra posts I'm game.

Well like I figured everyone under the trial was short lived. It's been a whole six days without a single news post.

Looks like I'll have to look for people still.

Anyone up for the job that isn't going to drop the job after one or two days?

Oh well, it really depends, I thought it was about that quality of news instead of the quantity, agh, my bad.

Quality is where it's at, but quality means nothing is there is no one willing to post it. A dead team, is still a dead team, no matter what their quality may have been when they were alive. I was looking for a quality team that was and will be active.