Looking for staff who keep up with the latest Gaming news!

Koby

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm terrible with words. It's not that I want news every day, it's just that there is pretty much news about something near every day. I just figured within a six day span at least one person out of 5 people would have had something worthwhile to post (for example in just the last 24 hours alone, IGN has posted 62 news posts about games). I don't want to simply copy them, and I certainly don't expect everything to actually be worth posting about either, but take for example 62 X 6 and surely at least something worth posting I figured would have came up. I just felt like perhaps everyone had forgotten or gave up on it. I've had bad luck with staff choices for the site in the past, that's why for the site it's pretty much just been me for the past 7 years.

yeah, sorry if mine came off as rude. Text has a terrible way of coming across online. But yeah, I usually keep up with news and shit like that, just I have been doing tournaments for games lately(and Placing quite well) that the Only news I have seen is about competitive gaming(which not everyone cares for), but from now on ill troll sites like IGN and Kotaku for new articles. I'll try to be more active... again sorry.

I'm terrible with words. It's not that I want news every day, it's just that there is pretty much news about something near every day. I just figured within a six day span at least one person out of 5 people would have had something worthwhile to post (for example in just the last 24 hours alone, IGN has posted 62 news posts about games). I don't want to simply copy them, and I certainly don't expect everything to actually be worth posting about either, but take for example 62 X 6 and surely at least something worth posting I figured would have came up. I just felt like perhaps everyone had forgotten or gave up on it. I've had bad luck with staff choices for the site in the past, that's why for the site it's pretty much just been me for the past 7 years.

I understand now. I was under the impression that we were supposed to post only once, but now that everything is clearer, I'll post more.

I think where the confusion came in is others thought they were "Trying-out" for the position. That's why I asked the other day on your wall if I should post on there again.

Another question, should we refrain from injecting our own opinion into these articles? What's your take?

That's probably my fault for not explaining well enough. I was leaving it as a trial bases over the period of working on coding the layout before the site goes live. Once it went live I'd decide how well everyone did and such. Because it wasn't just quality I was looking for, but also whether they'd remain active over a period of time.

As for your question. It really just depends on the type of post it is. I often add my opinion to things I feel like, but for the average news post it doesn't really belong. If you're talking about the game itself though then yeah go add your opinions.

I would love to collaborate with another staff member on "The best and worst previews of the week", one of us could do the worst, the other the best. We could pick through everything as a team, maybe get a staff chat room going to swap ideas and possibly phone numbers! Rawr! J.k!! No really though, teamwork is key to making an awesome site! I am not going to go back on my word, I will definitely bring Sasuke back!

I'd like to focus on reviews for the Final Fantasy main series numbered games at first. Yeah they might be old but at heart Forgotten Memories originated as a Final Fantasy site.

Here's an idea. Just link to Spoony's reviews of FF8, 10 and 10-2 (his 10-2 review isn't finished yet).

http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/game-reviews/final-fantasy-viii/

http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/game-reviews/final-fantasy-x/

http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/game-reviews/final-fantasy-x-2/

Very entertaining and he absolutely rips them apart (and I've played 2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 10-2, 12, and 13) so I know he's pretty accurate.

To be serious, I would be willing to write reviews, but I've never even seen Wordpress, and I don't feel like learning how to use it. If I could write the reviews and hand them off to someone else who does know how to use Wordpress to put them up on the site, that would be great.

In defense of my own knowledge of English, its my birth language, and I've been reading and writing since I was two. Yes, two. Plus, I'm pretty much a grammar Nazi, I don't even use text-speek (which I suppose should be written as txt-spk) on my mobile phone.

EDIT: Okay, I've just looked up Wordpress on Youtube, and it seems pretty simple to use. Koby, do we have to submit an article for you to look at? If so, is there a deadline?

Alright, well I just noticed something people weren't doing. In future posts on the site can everyone be sure to categorize your postings accordingly? It would be nice if you could use to tags as well to place keywords from the news post into it. It just helps people to search through tags as well as helps search engines.

Here's an idea. Just link to Spoony's reviews of FF8, 10 and 10-2 (his 10-2 review isn't finished yet).

http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/game-reviews/final-fantasy-viii/

http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/game-reviews/final-fantasy-x/

http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/game-reviews/final-fantasy-x-2/

Very entertaining and he absolutely rips them apart (and I've played 2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 10-2, 12, and 13) so I know he's pretty accurate.

To be serious, I would be willing to write reviews, but I've never even seen Wordpress, and I don't feel like learning how to use it. If I could write the reviews and hand them off to someone else who does know how to use Wordpress to put them up on the site, that would be great.

In defense of my own knowledge of English, its my birth language, and I've been reading and writing since I was two. Yes, two. Plus, I'm pretty much a grammar Nazi, I don't even use text-speek (which I suppose should be written as txt-spk) on my mobile phone.

EDIT: Okay, I've just looked up Wordpress on Youtube, and it seems pretty simple to use. Koby, do we have to submit an article for you to look at? If so, is there a deadline?

I'd rather not. Forgotten Memories was originally a content based site, and well reviews are about as close to that as we'll be having for a while. Not much point in just linking to some other site of reviews.

I'll send you PM with the link to try out.

Well like I figured everyone under the trial was short lived. It's been a whole six days without a single news post.

Looks like I'll have to look for people still.

Anyone up for the job that isn't going to drop the job after one or two days?

I'm sorry Koby. I didn't know we were supposed to post more than one. I thought you were going to tell us who was on the team once we posted our first one. I just thought my article wasn't good enough. Well, if you want, I'm almost finished another article, if you still want me to post it...

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, sorry about this, but this will have to be put on hold for a bit. Haven't had the time to work on the layout much at all. Feel free not to post anything on it for now. I'll get back to you all when I'm ready to set it up live. All of you have done a fantastic job and I appreciate it.

This is a good idea. I'm not sure if I can commit full time to a task such as this, but I could certainly be a contributor for different genres. If it's only going to be RPGs that's fine too, but if we break it down into different genres, I think that would be useful information too. The gaming industry has been flooded with titles over the years, and now with downloadable content added to the scene it has become even harder to swift through all the crap and find a worthy gem. An idea like this could certainly help keep users in the know of what's worthy and what's worthless.

• 2 weeks later...