Most hated main character?

RazorDan

There have been some pretty epic main characters in my time. From Lelouch to Renton, Spike to Goku, anime is filled with awesome main characters. However, there are also some not so great ones too. So, in your opinion, who is the worst and the most hated main character you have seen?

For me its the kid from NGE. Whiny little baby. He annoyed the hell out of me and I can't even remember his name!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kidd from soul eater who just bugged me with his need for balance

no way! Death the Kid was one of the best characters in Soul Eater.

In fact, the one that bugged me was Maka. I mean, it's one of the reasons I found it so frightfully boring near the end.

Here they have a whole bunch of interesting characters - Kid, BlackStar, Stein, Justin ... and they choose to focus the story on the most BORING one of them - Maka.

Seriously, she's the weakest of the three.

Off the top of my head I'd have to go with naruto for all his "believe it" crap in the english dub, most annoying repeat line, aside from that he just seems like an annoying little kid with a big mouth and no sense, maybe they managed to make that charming in the japanese version (like comparing the miaka in fushigi yuugi or sakura in card captor sakura, japanese did them justice while the english sucked in my opinion), I'm a fan of dub myself. Naruto had potential, but I got so annoyed with him early on that I couldn't watch anymore.

As for light from death note, he's the kind of character you love to hate, but for what he was and was supposed to be I think they did an excellent job, he was the main character and the main villain which is most intriguing, I loved it, kind of like elfen lied, I loved lucy but she also scared the hell out of me which is as it should be. But I think death note went downhill fast after L died, personally I don't think anyone else should have brought light to justice, it just didn't feel right, and those 2 kids together weren't a tenth as epic as L, though it was pretty big shoes to fill and in their own right they were cool enough, but still.

^^^ They stopped using Believe it in the english dub of Naruto for a while now and even today the japanese equivalent of Beleive it "Dattebayo!" is still used in the japanese version. that's probably the only aspect of the dub that I think makes it less annoying than the japanese version.