Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

Thor Ragnarok. Definitely the best Thor movie, and one of my favorite flicks of 2017. I'll repeat what I said in another thread, but the GotG comparisons, while understandable, are not why Ragnarok is what it is. It draws from the combination of wacky colorful pages drawn by Jack Kirby and with the kind of humor that director Taika Watiti had put in his previous movies.

I know people are just gonna complain that Hela wasn't a good villainess for one reason or another, but I honestly like her, maybe moreso than Keaton's Vulture. I think she will come back for at least Infinity War, since Thanos is infatuated with Death. Instead of making another character with the same name/characteristics, maybe Marvel Studios will bring back Hela for that, and much more.

The events of this film will be far reach into the future of the MCU much like the Captain America movies have been. Really can't wait for Black Panther, and for course how things will unfold in Infinity War and going forward.

It just makes me mad that many people say the MCU is just flavor-of-the-week/boring same formula for kids and stupid people.

Edited by Predaking-117

13 hours ago, Predaking-117 said:

Thor Ragnarok. Definitely the best Thor movie, and one of my favorite flicks of 2017. I'll repeat what I said in another thread, but the GotG comparisons, while understandable, are not why Ragnarok is what it is. It draws from the combination of wacky colorful pages drawn by Jack Kirby and with the kind of humor that director Taika Watiti had put in his previous movies.

I know people are just gonna complain that Hela wasn't a good villainess for one reason or another, but I honestly like her, maybe moreso than Keaton's Vulture. I think she will come back for at least Infinity War, since Thanos is infatuated with Death. Instead of making another character with the same name/characteristics, maybe Marvel Studios will bring back Hela for that, and much more.

The events of this film will be far reach into the future of the MCU much like the Captain America movies have been. Really can't wait for Black Panther, and for course how things will unfold in Infinity War and going forward.

It just makes me mad that many people say the MCU is just flavor-of-the-week/boring same formula for kids and stupid people.

I saw Thor Ragnarok yesterday and I agree with pretty much everything you said. I like where the MCU is going based on this year's movies. They have addressed some of the main complaints people have had with the films over the years. The villains of this year's movies were memorable and interesting, the colors look much better (especially in GOTG v2 and Thor Ragnarok), and elements of the filmmakers' unique styles remain. I am eager to see Black Panther continue this trend and I hope the Russos are up to the challenge of wrangling so many characters in Infinity War without the movie becoming a slog.

The 2 Spongebob films on Nick. Oh man, Sponge Out of Water was so much better than Plankton's scheme from the previous film, even despite watching it once on Epix 2 years ago. I loved how he had to side with the heroes and work together, sort of what Team Rocket did in the Orange Islands.

Edited by ElementalCards

Yesterday night I watched See Arnold Run, a 2005 A&E made-for-TV film about the life of one of my favorite actors, Arnold Schwarzenegger :D

But sadly this TV movie only told his bodybuilding and government life :(

They don't told thier cinema career from his first film (Conan The Barbarian, which is also one of my all time favorites, and i'm also a big fan of the Conan and the Robert Howard universe) to Terminator :(

This is sad, but i liked the movie anyways :)

If anybody wants to seen this one, it's airing on the over-the-air Decades channel (usually avaliable on the subchannel of your CBS, NBC or ABC station, or in certain cases, your CW, Fox or an independent one), tonight at 1:00 AM. Otherwise it's avaliable on DVD.

Edited by GordonQuid

Justice League. I... *sigh* I was exhausted after watching this movie. And it actually kinda gave me a headache. I like it a little more than BvS, but Wonder Woman is still the better live-action DC movie in recent years since The Dark Knight. While I'm not a die-hard DC fan, I did notice a lot of easter eggs in the movie and appreciated them.

I'm too tired to talk more in detail what I didn't like about JL, so I'll probably save it for later or let other people point them out.

Edited by Predaking-117

Saw Justice League and did not have much expectations. It was not as bad as some are saying and i would agree that it is not as good as wonder woman but is an improvement over BVS. I  found the interactions between the team more interesting then the villain who was dull and just a big brute and that i never heard of the character did not help. Still they are trying to improve the direction of the DCCU but are still way behind marvel who have been doing it for about 17 years now.

Also saw American Ninja 1 and 2 on TV. I used to like them and was expecting them to be really bad now but i still enjoyed them with all their 80's charm.

The 3rd stars David Bradly while part 4 has him and Michael Dudikof. The fifth was not intended to be part of the series but still used the name but still has Bradly in it as a different character.

Tomorrow night CBS Action UK is airing at 6:10 PM the 2001 made-for-TV movie A Diva's Christmas Carol.

This is VH1's own version of Scrooge with a black and musical twist, starring Vanessa Williams.

It tells the story of a pop diva that met the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future when she lose her Christmas spirit.

Even through I find this movie unfitting for a channel like CBS Action, this is something that i liked when it aired on TV last year and there was some moments of laugh and other drama moments. 

I will watch this again, and if you are bored you can watch this one as well. 

Also tommorow at 8:00 PM on the same channel they are airing the third American Ninja movie :)

Also recently I watched on DVD the cult classic Highlander.

Edited by GordonQuid

• 2 weeks later...