Goku vs Superman

OkamiDragonFly

Goku vs. Superman.. who would win in a fight?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Goku vs. Superman.. who would win in a fight?

This is very easy... All this bullshit about Superman being a God and stuf...

CAN SUPERMAN DESTROY A PLANET?!!!!!

Nuff said.

Superman destroys an entire galaxy with a sneeze, someone posted a comic clip of it very early in this debate.

I cant believe this pole is still going.

First I have to say that I do not understand the instant transmission argument, I've never seen it used to gain an advantage in an actual fight, goku also has to concentrate for a few seconds to do it last I checked, haven't watched anything past the majin buu episodes.

Second, lets leave out the kryptonite and tail pulling. Any cheap tricks would result in a cheap victory. If the anime writers for DBZ and the comic writers for superman got together and played the fight out for us, we would all feel jyped if goku won by useing kryptonite. Furthermore, of the two superman is far more likely to use a cheap trick to win and be more practical. Goku has always loved to fight and even in the DB series when he was a kid he would drag things out for fun. Goku loves to fight an opponent, and the stronger the better, so anything that would weaken superman would upset him and as for sensu beans, we have seen Goku give them to his enemies before a fight so he could fight them fairly, as such its a moot point. If they fight, no one wants a cheap victory, it should be both at their strongest, superman at his, and Goku at his, anything less insults us all.

3rd, going onto Goku's love of a fair fight, it would not be out of the question for him to hold back and not use SS3 or 4 unless he needs it, so even if Goku is the stronger at his strongest than superman at his, we would still have a good fight.

Finally, as it has been said, unless someone familiar with the comics brings evidence to the contrary, the biggest difference between superman and Goku is Goku's ability to grow stronger and challenge himself, and superman's lack of desire or motivation to better himself would be the biggest cause for his defeat, as such I suggest a new fantasy. Lets have superman go to Goku's world and have Goku inspire him to become a better fighter, after all superman has no equal in his universe to spar with or to challenge him. Let superman do the gravity training, the time machine, and learn some martial arts. At the end of it superman would be Goku's equal with a lot more versatility, he might even get e new hair color, jking. But that would be something to see. In the end I say superman's potential is largely limited, not so much by a lack of strong enemies but by a lack of strong friends to train with and grow stronger, where would goku be without roshi, krillan, king kai, vegeta, and all the people he trained with and all the people who taught him?

That's just my 2 cents

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the battle would be close, but then Goku would power up into some level of Super Saiyan or just use the Spirit Bomb a few times to decide the battle. Superman never had to train to become stronger, and Goku trained and even came back from the dead a few times. Goku would pound Superman into the ground. :D

Superman isn't completely invincible. He's just never faced someone as powerful as Goku nor anyone as powerful as the foes Goku has faced. Superman once stated his strength was like 1000x that of a regular man or something. Well in DBZ a regular farmer is known to have only a 5 power level which means Superman's strength is about 5,000. Thus even Radditz would own Superman in a fight. Even if Superman was 1,000,000x the strength of a regular human, he'd only have 5,000,000 power level which is no where near the power level of Goku (Super Saiyan 4 Goku has a power level of 1,000,000,000) by end game.

Radditz had a power level of 1200. So no... He wouldn't win in that case.

Nappa had somewhere around 5,000, so that would be a good fight by the X1000 man standard.

Although I should point out that the obese farmer may not have had an average power level. Average may be as high as 10, or as low as 2. You can't really tell for sure from that.

If I remember correctly, Goku was born with a power level of 10, so as a newborn, which his father brushed off as average. Thus, as an infant, Goku was as strong as the highest estimate for the average human power level.

In the begining of DBZ, Goku's standing power level, not condensed into a ki blast and while wearing weighted clothes was 410. 41X his power as a baby. So based on the 5000-10,000 power level estimate, which is based on the statement of Superman being as strong as 1000 men, Superman would win there.

Fast forward to the next time Goku is alive and fighting.. Standing power level isn't directly said, only that it is over 9000. Which could be 9001, or even more. This is also after only a couple of seconds powerup time. So it isn't likely to be his full strength. Still, with the high estimate, if Goku couldn't powerup any further, Superman would win here.

Post 100X gravity training... Goku's power level read at 5000 while he was hiding it, which we can infer is the minimum he can use since it's the lowest he can lower it to while hiding it.. When he was going against Captain Ginyu it read at 180,000 . Still using the previously stated Superman powerlevel... Do I even need to say who would win? I'm gonna do it anyway. Goku!

The 1000X human standard is likely low even for the weakened version of Superman, yet think of it this way.. If a low class saiyan baby has an average power level equal to or greater than the average power level of an adult human... and Superman is well, a Super Man... Goku is a Super Saiyan.... That should make it obvious who is stronger.

And my previous arguement still stands. The RPG books show the power of each setting, and Superman lags behind even Krillin according to them.

Standing power level isn't directly said, only that it is over 9000. Which could be 9001, or even more.

Just going to point out that it was a mistranslation in the original English Dub which was corrected in Kai, but they actually were meant to say over 8,000 not over 9,000 at that time. Not that it really matters for the comparison though.

Roshi is far above average for humans, but at his strongest he is still at most in the 500 power level range. This was back in DB when he blew up the moon after powering up far beyond his normal limits.

My basis for this? Piccolo blew up the moon in DBZ and had a power level of between 4 and 500 (400 at the start of the Radit'z fight.)

So basically... With an estimated power level of 5,000-10,000 Superman wouldn't break a sweat beating Roshi. Though I'd bet Roshi would get one or two good hits in since Superman wouldn't be likely to see him as a threat.

Now, let's just suppose that, for the sake of arguement, Superman is actually stronger than 10,000 humans.. He still gets overpowered at the same point in the series. 100,000? That takes a little longer, but doesn't even last until form 3 Frieza. (form 2 had a power level of 1,000,000 last time it was measured, so it is likely higher now.) And since Piccolo could fight that, and we know that Goku is stronger than Piccolo by far by the time he joins the fight again, we know that Goku, without going Super Saiyan, is stronger than that.

Now, if you base Superman off of being stronger than one million, or one billion humans, then it becomes harder to determine where he gets overpowered by Goku in the series. They mostly stopped saying what someone's power level is after Frieza. There may have been some isolated incidents.. But mostly it was "Hah, I'm stronger than you!" or "Yup... We're boned."