The Walking Dead (TV Series)

cannabis 30

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just glad season 2 is set for 13 episodes instead of another six episodes. Season one was just too short.

At a 2011 Paley Center for Media panel, it was announced that the second season will feature Grimes's group of survivors leaving Atlanta for the countryside, including the Greene family farm, a setting in the comic book.

frankdarabont2011072700.jpg
EXCLUSIVE: This is a quite a bombshell -- I have learned that Frank Darabont, the creator, executive producer and director of AMC's smash hit The Walking Dead, is stepping down as showrunner of the series, which is now in production on its upcoming second season. The news is even more surprising given the fact that Darabont was on hand for Walking Dead's Comic-Con panel just this past Friday alongside fellow executive producers Robert Kirkman, on whose graphic novel the series is based, and Gale Anne Hurd and appeared excited about Season 2.

There is speculation that Darabont might be off the show completely, but I hear talks are still ongoing about him possibly staying on in some capacity. Darabont, who spent five years trying to get a TV version of the zombie saga off the ground and wrote and directed the AMC pilot, hails from the feature world, and I hear that he never quite adjusted to the daily grind of producing a TV series. Last December, he considered forgoing a writing staff for Season 2 and assigning scripts to freelancers but ultimately went for the traditional writing staff model recommended by the network and tapped Glen Mazzara as an executive producer and his No. 2. It is unclear if The Shield alum Mazzara, who has showrunning experience, would now step in to run Walking Dead.

I hear that the behind-the-scenes turmoil has not affected production on the show, which continues as scheduled. Season 2 of Walking Dead is slated to premiere Oct. 16. In addition to huge ratings, the series has garnered awards recognition for its freshman season, including a best drama series Golden Globe nomination as well as DGA and WGA noms. In a Deadline Emmy Q&A last month, Darabont raved about his transition to television. "In TV, you have to get ideas across in a more economical way," he said. "But the process is fundamentally the same (as features), just accelerated. There’s no time for second guessing.

The wheels are in constant motion. I love that about television. If I’d known how much fun it was, I’d have done it years ago."

• 3 months later...

Here I would like to talk about my two favorite shows of the week, Dexter and The Walking Dead. Make future predictions, or share your general opinion about the weekly episodes.

[spoilers alert!]

For this weeks Dexter: "The Angel of Death" Harrison's illness causes Dexter to reevaluate his religious views. Meanwhile, Homicide begins to investigate Travis and Gellar.

My Take: Dexter went down hill in season 5, as it took me awhile to recover from the shitty acting of Lumen. This week Dexter really picked up however, Dexter gets on the trail of Travis and almost kills him, had he not found out professor Gellar was responsible for the murders. I felt like this week had too much filler (a.k.a. Debrah/Quinn, Travis because I hate Tom Hanks).

The Walking Dead: "Save the Last One" The Greene Family and the Grimes family wait for Otis and Shane to return with the medical supplies for Carl. Meanwhile, Shane and Otis find themselves trapped in a school with hungry walkers waiting to eat them. Finally, Daryl and Andrea continue the hunt for Sophia.

My Take: Same story with The Walking Dead (in regards to filler), there was way too much time spent watching people complain/being miserable through 3/4 the show, the action doesn't pick up until the last 15 minutes. Great twist at the end of the show, couldn't say I could see Otis'es betrayal happening.

You should really bold the "spoilers alert" part.

I haven't started watching this season of Dexter yet, but I'm liking The Walking Dead season 2 so far. Character development is important so I didn't mind the lack of action on tonight's episode. Even in a world with zombies, there would be times where things were slow.

I've been watching both shows, my favorite out of the two being The Walking Dead (to much disappointment in Dexter) so I'll probably favor it in the post. As for what I think will happen in the next eps. Well I assume since Shane betrayed Otis that will only be the beginning of his new found inner self. Rick's boy will probably make it now that they have the medical supplies though so I guess even though I disagree with his actions Shane isn't all bad. They're due for another zombie attack... Since the show has been lacking a bit. I liked Glenn in the first season so I was excited he actually got to talk in this past episode, maybe he'll get a little romance going with that lady? Who knows ha-ha. I'm hoping for the best when it comes to Sophie though 'cause it would be heart-breaking to see her as a zombie attacking her mom.

On the note of Dexter well I'm hoping Deb dies, but I've disliked her from the start.

• 4 weeks later...

The Walking Dead:

These past few episodes were pretty boring lol But I really enjoyed the mid-season finale, it really sucks that we have to wait till February for more. Can't wait, although, the preview for the second half of the season was kind of dumb. Car flips, really? Okay lol

Dexter: I really need to start watching this season xD