The Heroic age of Antarius [Story]

Krogothwolf

10 long years have passed since the civil war ripped the Realm of Antarius in half. The forces of the Loyalist Count Devlin, whom fought against Duke Raitor after he disposed of King Evlor were defeated and scattered with the Count being executed shortly after capture. During this time Duke Raitor, renaming himself Emperor Raitor the Glorious ruled the Realm with an iron fist. Terror and fear were common place as the forces of Raitor did as they please, oppressing the citizens to prevent any rebellions from occurring.

“It was during the 10th year of the Reign of the Terrible Tyrant as he would be called in the future that the seeds of rebellion that was planted the day of Count Devlin’s defeat would finally blossom. That was when the heir to the throne of Evlor would begin his journey to reclaim the throne of gold.”

“Um excuse me” a voice quietly interrupted, “but it says here that I only have a bit part, I think someone as awesome as me should have a more wicked part then this!”

“Uh….I’m just the narrator of this story, I really don’t have a say in who gets what part.”

“LOOK!” The voice yelled, “I WANT A BIGGER PART SO EITHER GET ME ONE OR I’M GOING TO ANNOY YOU TILL YOU DO!”

“I can’t really…”

“I DON’T CARE!” It yelled again, louder this time, “I WANT A BIGGER PART DAMNIT!”

“ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, you’ll get a bigger damn part!” the narrator finally yelled back, his patience lost. “God, I don’t get paid enough for this crap.”

“Man you certainly cave easily.” A young man said with a chuckle.

“I know, I thought it would take more than that to convince him to agree to it!” The voice said again.

“SHUT UP! AND LET ME FINISH!” The narrator yelled at the two. He then cleared his throat before continuing. “Now as I was saying, the story begins following a young individual on its quest for justice, vengeance and to reclaim its birth right.”

“It’s sexless?” A man asked.

“It hasn’t been decided yet, now will you stop with these damn interruptions! I am trying to get the story going!” The narrator snapped at the man.

“Oh sorry.” He apologized.

“It doesn’t matter anyways, I already finished the introduction. So the story will begin soon, god why do I take these low paying jobs.”

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Chapter 1: The Journey Begins.

“On the first day of the second month, the heir to the throne Razor did begin the quest to reclaim the throne. The first step was to gather his followers together to begin planning their first stage of the reclamation of his thrown. The meeting would take place deep in the Forest of Tears, near the Lake of Fire.”

-----------------------------------------------In the Castle of Antarius------------------------

“Did you hear that?” The Emperor spoke to the man next to him, “He just gave us the location! Did you write it down?”

“No lord, I did not. I fail to see the point in getting such information in that way.” Shade replied. “There is no real worry anyways, I shall deal with them easily enough.”

“WHAT!? How could you ignore such an thing! If we should crush them immediately! I ORDER YOU TO DO SO. NOW OR E…”

Shade turned towards the Emperor, giving him a glare that stopped him short of finishing his sentence.

“Need I remind you Lord, I do not actually take orders from you?” Shade said respectfully but with steel in his voice, then turned and walked away not bothering to continue the discussion with the Emperor further.

The emperor sighed and rested his head on his hand. “I really need better help.” He mumbled to himself.

----------------------------------------------The Forest of Tears-------------------------------------

Razor and Snow walked along a broken path, into an old fortress abandoned since the civil war, the forest quickly reclaiming the territory as its own. They walked leisurely but with a confidence in their steps that would keep most from interrupting them.

“Say Snow, do you think many will come?” Razor questioned as he looked around. “It looks fairly empty right now.”

“They will my Prince, for they know the importance of the quest we are to embark on.” Snow quietly said to him as he scanned the surroundings.

"Well hopefully they don't all take their time getting here, I really don't want delay this for to much longer, time is of the essence here!"

"I know my prince, but do not worry our friends are, for the most part, known to be punctual." Snow said again. "I am sure that a few are already here waiting for us."

The two then continued down the path, heading towards the main barracks. The place were the others should also be gathering.

-------------------------------------------Somewhere?----------------------------------

“What the hell!!!” Eve said angrily, “Why the hell wasn’t I part of the story yet!”

“You aren’t in it yet.”

“YOU PROMISED ME A BIGGER ROLE DAMNIT!” Eve said while pointing at the man.

“Why hello there,” Kakashi said as he entered, “You look a little lonely there miss, mind if I provide you some company?”

Eve turned to look at the young man, eyeing him up and down before turning away from him and walking away.

“Who are you? And why would I want to spend time with you?” She said as she left, leaving Kakashi with a dejected look on his face.

"But but but..." Kakashi said as he watched her go.

"God, why am I stuck with these people." The narrator mumbled to himself.

Chapter 2: Not really getting anywhere.

---------------------Somewhere?------------------------------

“Thus did Razor and Snow finally arrive at the barracks in the Fort Helvar, abandoned to the elements after the traitors did destroy the loyalist forces stationed there,” The narrator began to explain, “It was there that…”

“Um Excuse me.” Razor said, “It wouldn’t be too much trouble to have to stop leaking were we are would it?”

“Yes, you blabbing that sort of stuff is really going to cause problems for us in the future.” Snow added in looking fairly pissed.

“I can’t just stop, it’s my job!” The narrator replied to the two men staring coldly at him.

“THANK YOU GOD!!!” The Emperor yelled as he raced forward! “OH THANK YOU GOD! For delivering me my enemies so I can crush them!”

“I’m not God!”

“Oh but you must be! For you know everything that happens before it even happens!” The emperor said excitedly! “NOW SHADE, KILL THEM!!”

“Can’t My Lord, I’m on my tea break.” Shade said as he took a sip from his mug, “Plus we can’t actually deal with them since they aren’t really here.”

“Where are they then?” The emperor whined, “Why can I hear them then!”

“At the Fort,” Shade replied, stopping to take another sip, “Obviously.”

“Oh Man!” Kakashi said with a chuckle, “How the hell did you win the war? You are dumber then a sack of bricks!”

“EVERYONE!” Eve shouted! “I EVE, AM HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!”

“Who?” Everyone said in unison.

“I’m Eve!” Eve replied to them all, “Come on, hot young up and coming? Don’t you know who I am?”

“I know who you are!” Kakashi replied, “You’re my future wife!”

“I am not Loser boy!” Eve said dismissively to Kakashi, “I only took this job to get my name out there anyways. God, you all are a bunch of jerks!”

“Um, Excuse me, can you all please leave, we really need to get the story going.” Narrator said to the group. “Please? The more we move the story along, the quicker you can get to killing each other okay? Now, At the Fort the party finally came together.”

--------------------------------------Fort Helvar--------------------------------

Krog was leaning against a ruined wall in the barracks section waiting for the others to arrive, pulling the pedals off a flower in boredom.

“You know Krog.” Kakashi said as he came out of one of the ruined buildings, “There’s a fair chunk of left over loot here eh. You should come over here and help me carry this stuff.”

“I don’t think Prince Razor would be pleased with you looting this place.” Krog said as he wandered over to look at what Kakashi was grabbing, “Besides what do you need loot for anyways?”

“To sell, so I can open up a brothel obviously.” Kakashi said from under a desk, looking for anything worthwhile.

“KROG!” Razor yelled as he noticed him, “What are you doing over there? And where is Kakashi?”

“He’s looting the ruins obviously,” Krog shouted back at the Prince, “You know what he’s like. Didn’t have any problems on the way here did you?”

“None, it was a fairly uneventful journey here.” Razor said as he walked up, “Besides, Snow would be able to handle anything serious on his own anyways, where is everyone else?”

“Scouting ahead and securing a camping site away from the ruins,” Krog said, “Some of them are scarred this place is haunted after all.”

With that Krog, Kakashi, Razor and snow headed off to join the rest of the party. They had much to discuss and would need to do so quickly before heading off to their first objective, finding the Sword of Kings, Excalibur. Only those of the royal bloodline may yield it. Getting their hands on it would be the first step in reclaiming the throne for Prince Razor.

Prince Razor followed Krog, Snow and Kakashi towards the camp where the group was gathering. Entering the camp Razor noticed something odd; there were tents setup but not a single body in site.

“Krog,” Razor asked as he looked around, “Where the heck is everyone?”

“I don’t know sir,” Krog responded looking around in amazement, “I coulda sworn they were here earlier?”

Krog started scratching his head as he wondered what was going on, after all he had just sent the others forward to set up the camp.

“Why the hell is it empty?” Krog said as he examined the surroundings, “doesn’t look like anyone was here before.”

“Hm…how very odd.” Razor said then turned to Kak, “Kakashi, scout the surroundings and see if anything suspicious comes up, Snow keep an eye out as well.”

“Yes Sir!” Kakashi replied as he headed out to check the area out.

--------------------------------------------Castle Antarius------------------------------------------

“Shade!” The emperor said as he saw the man still lounging in his throne room, “Why are you still here?”

“I am waiting for the scouts to return lord,” Shade replied curtly.

“I told you to leave immediately!” The emperor yelled back at the man, “why are you delaying!”

“I desire more information, only a fool attacks without having proper scouted information.” Shade replied, taking a sip of his tea,”and I am no fool, even if I am hired by one.”

-------------------------------------------Somewhere----------------------------------------

“Hey Narrator dude!” Razor said, “Were the hell is the rest of my team?”

“Uh…they haven’t been hired yet.” The narrator replied to him.

“Haven’t been hired yet?” Razor asked, shocked.

“Yeah, the parts haven’t been filled yet.”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA” The Emperor laughed, “You can’t even find people to be in your group! Pathetic!”

“Laugh all you want idiot,” Razor yelled back, “At least my group doesn’t think of me as a fool!”

“WHAT!?” The emperor said, “Why you little!!! When I get my hands on you!”

“Hey, will you guys shut up,” Indy quietly said, “I want to get involved in this thing so I can make some cash, loot some bodies. Steal from the rich give to myself.”

“AND I NEED A PART DAMNIT!” Eve yelled once more.

“You have a part!” Kakashi happily replied, “As my wife!”

“Not in a million years dirtbag!” Eve said contemptuously to Kakashi before again parting.

“What a woman!” Kakashi wistfully mumbled to himself, “you will join my harem yet!”

“Why did we hire a sexual deviant?” Snow asked looking at Razor.

“He came cheap obviously.” Razor replied with a shrug.