If Dead is the end how does that make you feel ?

Sgt.Walton.001

• 2 weeks later...

Knowing death would just be the end would actually be a relief. No worries of choosing the "wrong" religion or voted for the wrong things that end up in some swirling torment of hell. Heaven must be a damn hard club to get into, kinda like the lottery I would think.

Some people would take that as an initiative to do evil since there is no consequence in the afterlife, but I say you give humanity too little credit. We've come a long way.........wait, Sunchips changed from Bio-degradable bags to harmful plastics because consumers complained the bags were too loud? F**k, nevermind. We're all screwed life or death.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing you do is worth anything no idea you think of, no action you perform

If you commit suicide tomorrow, it won't matter and those people crying for you will be dead soon too

Why does man try to advance? there's no point

and why post this thread it only makes you consider the inevitable

that is all to say "if death is the end"

If death was the end it would make no difference to me. I live my life simply the way it is. But if something is out of line I change it. I believe in morals and to do whats right. I do not cater to society I am who I am and nothing will change that. If death was the end I still would die for those I love and are important to me. It would only make it all the more important to take that bullet.

I've lived my life so far without believing in a god or an afterlife because i simply do not need to. What ever happens in the end there is no way to change it. Praying on an afterlife will make no difference on the outcome we will all face together.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i live my life the way i see fit, the way i want. life is too short and needs to made good of. you die and what you done in your life may have changed the people around you. I thought life was pointless till i joined the army and got to iraq. life is a gift that shouldnt be thrown out like a bad pair of sock you got for christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

If dead is the end....I would hope that everyone is living their lives like it is. Whether it is the final end or not, just going through the motions of life looking forward to something that may or may not come afterward seems kind of sad. The past few years I've been struggling with the concept of death, the whole idea kind of scares me. What if it IS the end, we just turn off like a toy that lost its batteries? Kind of sucky, but that doesn't mean life can't be special and worthwhile while you have it.

As long as I create a great life for my kids and family, I can't be worrying myself with what comes after. There's just too much to do right now.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm one to believe that this is the only form of existence we'll ever know, and although it is unfortunate, I find myself more concerned with how far humanity will get. It's a lot more depressing to imagine our species being weeded out through natural selection than it is to consider that there might not be any form of an afterlife.

It makes me a bit worried if there is no afterlife. I don't know about believing in heaven, hell, and those sort of things, but I feel like this life if only one step in many to come, one part in the so called "life" that is to be my/our journey. So if death was it, I would want a refund. I mean why are we human in the first place, did we choose it? Ok sorry getting off topic kinda, well to get back on topic, I guess I am living as best as I can so I don't think, I'd be doing anything different, but it would make me feel lonely to know that nothing is coming next. I was kinda looking forward to having some sort of company and the "afterlife" or whatever it turns out to be. Though I guess if we all fade to nothing, then their wont be any "me" to feel lonely?

• 4 weeks later...

IF death were "the end", then it would make me wonder what the whole purpose of life is. Do we live just to die? But that's just my opinion, this subject can be debated depending on one's views of life and religion.

But, to get back on topic, if death were the end, I'd do what I do everyday. Make it all worth it and not regret a single thing that has made me who I am today. In the end, even if we didn't make a big impact on the world, we made an impact towards those around us. I'd die happy just knowing that I somehow impacted someone else's life.