If Dead is the end how does that make you feel ?

Sgt.Walton.001

To be honest and I'm sure many people feel them same way, death is the one thing that i know really scares me the thought at the moment of dying that I am dying and the idea that i shall be no more is terrifying to me.

I agree. Many people say they are not afraid or welcome death, but have never stared it in the face to really understand how terrifing death can be.

Personally I wish I could be immortal. Some people say "ah life's a bitch", but I feel like it's very precious and I'd hate to lose it . . . ever. Just my belief, but I feel like the "afterlife" or "heaven" just isn't what it sometimes hyped up to be if it exsist.

If dead is the end, my life wont change. I dont believe in an afterlife so why form my life any different then how I want to live it? Why spend my only life being unhappy? Exactly.

If there is an afterlife with a negative consequence, say, a hell, wouldn't the path of most pleasure be to avoid eternal consequence for, say, 90 years of "happiness" (optimistically). If you really choose the most beneficial path for yourself in life, then it is to avoid pain and participate in the most pleasure. To put it in perspective, if you are attracted to someone physically why don't you just rape them every time you see them. That would be the path of most pleasure. However, you fear the negative consequence so you do not rape them. So why would you risk a life of 90 years of "happiness" for the consequence of an eternity of suffering more than anything you have imagined? In order to be consistent, your decision would be to avoid the latter.

I feel like the "afterlife" or "heaven" just isn't what it sometimes hyped up to be if it exsist.

What makes you believe that?

If death was the end it would make no difference to me. I live my life simply the way it is. But if something is out of line I change it. I believe in morals and to do whats right. I do not cater to society I am who I am and nothing will change that. If death was the end I still would die for those I love and are important to me. It would only make it all the more important to take that bullet.

I've lived my life so far without believing in a god or an afterlife because i simply do not need to. What ever happens in the end there is no way to change it. Praying on an afterlife will make no difference on the outcome we will all face together.

Where do you get your morals? What makes what you believe right? For argument's sake I believe something completely different. If you do not conform and I do not conform we fight. On a large scale the world turns into chaos and morals have been smashed to pieces altogether.

If death is the end why would it matter if you kept those morals? Wouldn't you have more pleasure by simply doing whatever you want?

What if things on this earth had a bearing on the afterlife? Wouldn't be in your best interests to secure eternity? And you don't need to? If there is a chance of eternal suffering otherwise wouldn't that provide as sufficient reason to constitute "need"?

I think the God creating the world and moses is alllllll just a huge myth. Way back when some old guy very well could have been like "Dude. We should make a book like some kind of story circling around an all important figure.." It is very illogical and unreasonable. I believe in the theory of evolution. Jesus and God could have existed at some point. But they sure as hell didn't do anything that could change the world. And the ark... which makes me lol even more. There is no way that one man could build a boat and get 2 of each animal on it. First of all it just sounds absurd. Second of all, he would need a crapload of more room to fit EACH AND EVERY single animal on one single boat.And just to avoid some huge flood that an almighty being said that was going to happen? Yeah right. There are so many holes in that story it's not even funny. And as for the death...there are many hypothesis' about what happens when you die. For the longest time, i've had the feeling that when you die you do not go to heaven or hell, like they even exist. For some reason i think that when you die you automatically start a new life somewhere else could be India...China...Russia. Who knows. No memories of a previous life, just a brand new life. We need to bring back somebody who has been dead for a long time. that would solve soooo many mysteries in science...

Personally I believe that the bible itself could have been a fabrication, (though it is highly unlikely). If death is in reality just a big blackness, i personally find that is pretty damn boring. I always figure that death will be something like our dreams, except it will last for all eternity and we woudlnt know the difference. I always fancy re-incarnation as a thing that will happen, everything else just seems like it would suck to me.

• 4 weeks later...

death is definitely the end in this life and it passes by in a second compared to what heaven/hell will be like. I think it's a relief to know that no matter what happens in this world, it doesn't matter because the next one will be perfect (or like hell.. pun intended)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's contemplation on death is what creates religion, so I generally try to steer clear (People don't want to stop living, so they invent heaven so they can live later too). Honestly though, I don't know if anything happens after death, though, from an empirical stance, I doubt anything does. Since "death is it" is kind of my active stance, I really wouldn't change much. As was mentioned, it would be a consolation to know I hadn't botched the whole religion thing, but, again, wouldn't change much else besides alleviating fears of "hell" (whatever that may mean).

I'll admit, I am somewhat afraid to die, because I love living and creating. I console myself in what I can create here and now, and I imagine it living on for me. As a writer, I hope to create ideas that will last and influence the future just as so many before me have created ideas that sit like tombstones on bookshelves, reminding us that their creators existed in the first place.

I kind of like that image, I think I want to work that into something. lol

Truth is ,death is the end and we can do nothing about it , sometimes it is very depressing , if I die truth is I won't feel a thing cause it will just happen in snap and I won't feel a thing and there will be nothing for me to think about , but what I am more concerned is about my loved ones cause I just can't stand pain of losing any of them .