Possible ISP Banning in the States?

Koby

• 2 weeks later...
Will this effect Canada? like are the sites being totally taken down or just banned in the US? I also know a few people in the US that use these sites a lot so this wont be very good for them. As far as i know they have no idea this is going on so i guess id better tell them

If this law passes it'll affect the entire world. It gives them the right to take down sites in other countries without due process of the law.

• 2 weeks later...

If this where to happen, would it be worth having a computer. Will people get tired of the Big Brother is watching you and go back to the old ways by researching by telephone and leg work.If the people were to do this the computer and internet industries would fall into a downward spiral loosing ton of money, and I don't think they want to that. Myself personally I would throw it away like I did my cell phone.

• 4 weeks later...

There truly are bigger fish to fry in America, like healthcare (I'm disabled, so I'll rant about that one forever) and education, and finances in general. Oppressing the internet is only going to result in new and more difficult ways to try to keep piracy at bay. Piracy will never stop. People have proven throughout history that they are ever resourceful, and when a group puts their collective minds to something, it will happen. Piracy is only an issue because of money. People believe that they need to be paid in excess for a tv show, when television was free in its infancy, and they were paid adequately for their part in a series. Three cheers for greed? Ok- rant over for now...

• 2 weeks later...