eBook/Audiobook Section

Cryptic

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in an audiobook section? I recently got into them after getting a job that allows me to listen to stuff while I work. So I've been hoarding a bunch of em. I'd be willing to post often to keep the section alive.

Thoughts?

Edited by Cryptic
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 9:27 AM, Moodkiller said:

I would be interested. It was recently suggested to me to listen to a book called "How to Win Friends & Influence People"  based on my position. So would be keen to hear more as I wouldnt know where to start...

I would actually recommend reading that in print. The format of the book works waaaay better when you read it vs listening to it imo. I listen to audiobooks all the time but in this case it's not suitable.

+1 for audiobook section because, for me personally, they are harder to find. But having both is even better.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:27 AM, Moodkiller said:

I would be interested. It was recently suggested to me to listen to a book called "How to Win Friends & Influence People"  based on my position. So would be keen to hear more as I wouldnt know where to start...

Yeah gonna agree with PM62, it is better to read that particular book. Like any practical book, you have to go out and  practice the advice given in the text.

• Like 1

How are eBooks/audiobooks related to anime/cartoons? Because if we're talking general books, that's a great way to get this site shut down! :o

And in any case, it would incredibly unfair to add unrelated sections when we still don't even have a usable soundtracks forum.

Edited by mcmxcixmm

18 minutes ago, mcmxcixmm said:

How are eBooks/audiobooks related to anime/cartoons? Because if we're talking general books, that's a great way to get this site shut down! :o

And in any case, it would incredibly unfair to add unrelated sections when we still don't even have a usable soundtracks forum.

The site already has a section for live action content (though only obscure and young audience shows are permitted) and a section for OSTs (though it is locked behind the VIP section, and also includes manga and comics). With this suggestion, it would probably be best to merge with the OSt,comics, and manga section in the VIP area, if it is added and it could be used for stuff like Light Novels, since that is one of the source materials for anime, like SAO, Baccano, Durarara, Haruhi Suzumiya, Full Metal Panic, etc..

• Like 1

Exactly. There's whole scores of cartoon-related books that nobody else out there cares about preserving or digitizing.

I also don't really see how doing mainstream books is likely to get the place shut down when there's up-to-the-episode current cartoons being uploaded out in the open for even guests to get at? Maybe if you're saying "Having too much stuff will draw more attention," but honestly the best panacea for that is to hide all distribution boards.

On 9/6/2018 at 12:00 PM, PhoenixPress said:

Exactly. There's whole scores of cartoon-related books that nobody else out there cares about preserving or digitizing.

I also don't really see how doing mainstream books is likely to get the place shut down when there's up-to-the-episode current cartoons being uploaded out in the open for even guests to get at? Maybe if you're saying "Having too much stuff will draw more attention," but honestly the best panacea for that is to hide all distribution boards.

Where are you seeing these "up-to-the-episode current cartoons being uploaded out in the open for even guests to get at"? Almost all of the content distro is hidden, including all of the cartoon sections...

• Confused 1

On 9/9/2018 at 4:42 PM, PhoenixPress said:

It wasn't hidden when I first found this place about a month ago. I had downloaded all of Bob's Burgers before even making an account o_O

I'm quite sure that's incorrect, as the cartoons download section has been hidden for years in my experience.

Also, isn't that particular show in the VIP section, which you need a very large number of posts to access even with an account? :/