Linkin Park's future

dunkle93

I'm still reeling from hearing the news of Chester's passing. LP is one of the first bands my dad introduced me to when I was younger, and I 'm glad he did. "In the End" is his all-time favorite LP song, while mine changes now and then. For a while it was a tie between "Breaking the Habit" and "Burn It Down", but I have to say the one I like the most is: 

People have mentioned it in other places, I'll say it here: "Valentine's Day", the song, was made when Chester's dad actually passed away on a Valentine's Day prior to 2007. And I guess it's dedicated him. Even after all these years, I still listen to this song the most. 

For the record everyone, Linkin Park only contributed songs in the live-action Transformers movies up to the 3rd one, Dark of the Moon (2011). They let Michael Bay use "What I've Done" in the first film because they enjoyed the G1 cartoon and gladly made "New Divide" for Revenge of the Fallen (2009) as a follow-up and collaboration with the composer, Steve Jablonsky. With Age of Extinction (2014) and The Last Knight (2017), other bands contributed songs for those movies instead, like Imagine Dragons.

After hearing Chester apparently committed suicide, I was really shocked. So was my dad when I told him. At this point, hard to say what happens to Linkin Park. Okay sure, some of their latest albums aren't great, but instead of doing the same thing over and over like many people want/expected, they tried to mix things up. Doesn't always work, but they tried. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if LP went on a long hiatus, or if Mike Shinoda brings the other bands members to do some new songs for Fort Minor or other projects. 

RIP Chester Bennington. You will be missed.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...